[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems there is a lot of expensive troops in this mod. Businesses only bring in 10k but the costs of armies and garrisons can well exceed that, let alone gear and CKO stuff

Is there a way to make decent money in the late game to get that stuff? Or am I not supposed to bother with that stuff until I control the map and can hunt down invading armies for the 100k capture rewards? I know I can farm bandits for cash but is that really how I'm supposed to do it? Once I stop being a mercenary and get some land of my own I lose out on the free upkeep for my armies and the rents from fiefs doesn't compensate so perhaps I'm supposed to stay as a merc til I have enough money to pay for a CKO?

Are there any cost effective troops for wars and garrisons if I can't afford stuff like hero adventurers and knight order troops?

steunwell said:
Hi I just have started playing this mod and had a question about what steps should I take.

I started alone as a horse archer and farmed vanskery, I'm now level 20 with 10 in horse archery and riding but only 1 leadership (17 charisma though.) and 300 renown, I also have 11 enterprises on the map.

Should I start gathering companions and train them ? Or even start forming a little army and join a faction ? Or should I keep leveling up alone for some time ?

Thanks guys don't really know what to do as this mod is really a change from others.

It depends, being lone horse archer is the most rewarding type of playtrough, if you want to be someone like Achilles and a warrior who changes the outcome of a battle no matter the odds, keep going, but if you want and looking for the challenge start collecting companions (consult the wiki to get some info about them and which ones to choose) and join a faction...

Actually, the confusion you're in is the best place to be if you ask some of us, I'd give everything to be able to erase all the "knowledge" I have at the moment about how to play the mod and literally have no clue about what to do...

Go and make your path rather than follow somebody elses :grin:

P.S.: Go for the Jatu parties, leave the Vanskerries alone, why do everybody hates them?!  :evil: Excellent ally and great warriors, who are willing to die on a battlefield no matter how small the purpose of the battle is.

Well then let's try to push this one man army a bit more haha.

Yeah I should try jatus but I don't think I can handle them they seem to be very good bowmen and it looks like one mistake will mean death, but since I'm greedy and tired of the peasant loot I get from Vanskerries I will try it.

Let's hope they don't tear a new butthole to my horse.

steunwell said:
Well then let's try to push this one man army a bit more haha.

Yeah I should try jatus but I don't think I can handle them they seem to be very good bowmen and it looks like one mistake will mean death, but since I'm greedy and tired of the peasant loot I get from Vanskerries I will try it.

Let's hope they don't tear a new butthole to my horse.

You're massive abuser, I'll be the one of the firsts to tell you that! :grin:

OK, since you do not care about that (I can tell that by starting the first PoP save with the horse archer, which is the proper way you'll realize later, or the PoP makes you, for the type of players like us, I guess) only thing you need to know, as an abuser, get the Sapphire Rune Bow and a Noldor Spirit Horse, then you can fight naked if you want to...

Then you'll find out about Finneas de Digit and his elixirs, up the Looting and the Trade skills and you own the Pendor.

P.S.: I'll try as much as I can to make you despise all the horses and bows as much as I can, hope I'll succeed, or you'll lose the exciting part PoP has to offer.

Well It's not like I loved that playstyle at first, just wanted to try it out, I hated it until I made my first  big Vanskerry genocide alone  then I couldn't resist it anymore.

Though I don't think It'll ruin my experience I plan to do a no cav + no horse run after this, as grinding alone and running in circles for 15mins just so that you can start firing is getting boring after some time.

Yeah I got 2 elixirs already and that bastard kept teleporting at the other end of the map each time I was getting close to him...

Don't even know If i'll finish that playthrough can't wait to play only infantry with all those new weapons, there's so many options between bashing, crushing or slicing it's hard to choose sometimes :shifty:.

Ah, just talking about it made me want to start it, can't resist them big axes and maces forever.

Couple questions.  What are the angry peasants about?  They don't attack anyone and nobody attacks them, they just run around...angry.  As king I defeated Kyros and having a high relationship he joined my kingdom.  I just noticed that he is back with the Baccus empire, having taken the castle and village I gave him.  His relationship is still high, 61, and I didn't notice him rebelling, so what happened?

Hold on, what's this about soloing vanskerries? Don't they take you out with their throwing weapons? For me, it only takes one lucky headshot or a few lucky shots to my foot to take me out, and a lot of the time my horse drops pretty fast from all of that. And just when you think they've run out one of them switches to javelins and pegs you in the nose with one :/

If you're mounted all you have to do is run in large circles to dodge their throwing weapons, some will hit so the better armored and fast your horse is the more you can do.
Then all you have to do is either kill them in melee one by one (lance safer) or with a bow (you walk in front of them and make them go in a line to pursue you, then when one gets close he will hold his attack stance and then you headshot him.)

steunwell said:
If you're mounted all you have to do is run in large circles to dodge their throwing weapons, some will hit so the better armored and fast your horse is the more you can do.
Then all you have to do is either kill them in melee one by one (lance safer) or with a bow (you walk in front of them and make them go in a line to pursue you, then when one gets close he will hold his attack stance and then you headshot him.)
I´d just like to add that farming Vanks with a blunt lance and a mace greatly increases the benefits.

I don't know if this is regarding PoP or just Warband in general, but I did something I'm not quite sure what but now on of my companions is always at the bottom of my unit list on the party screen. I will move her back to the top of the list but next time I load the screen she's back at the bottom. Anyone know how to fix this?

madmaximillian said:
I don't know if this is regarding PoP or just Warband in general, but I did something I'm not quite sure what but now on of my companions is always at the bottom of my unit list on the party screen. I will move her back to the top of the list but next time I load the screen she's back at the bottom. Anyone know how to fix this?

While you talked to your companion, you accidentaly pressed the sentence that tells her to watch out during battles. Press the sentence that tells her to act normally and your problem will be solved.

Latis the Darkgryphon said:
Ralyks said:
Lord Irontoe said:
zecond said:
How many knights Sargants does a castle with an order in it spwan?

Is it a set limit like 30 or is it per week?

They seem to generate randomly, but in my experience, they top out at roughly 30 knights, 60 sergeants
31knights and 55 sergeants.

I did test it some time ago to add it to the wikia and found out its 33 and 52... Maybe depends on the order? Like with prestige cost? Idk... I'd like to have the real numbers from devs, but for the moment, its all from testing.
Yeah better to have accurate answer from dev
33/53

k0nr@d said:
Ralyks said:
Lord Irontoe said:
zecond said:
How many knights Sargants does a castle with an order in it spwan?

Is it a set limit like 30 or is it per week?

They seem to generate randomly, but in my experience, they top out at roughly 30 knights, 60 sergeants
31knights and 55 sergeants.

I did test it some time ago to add it to the wikia and found out its 33 and 52... Maybe depends on the order? Like with prestige cost? Idk... I'd like to have the real numbers from devs, but for the moment, its all from testing.
Yeah better to have accurate answer from dev
33/53
thx for that, good to know

k0nr@d said:
Ralyks said:
k0nr@d said:
thx for that, good to know

Same, thanks. Could you share as well the template of their recruitment? Is it 0-4 for the knight and 0-5 for the sergeant? Idk
If they pass initial test to be spawned, then 1-3 should appear (not necessary both types).

Whats that initial test about? Some 40% chance or something?

Does anyone know whether a troop's encumbrance is reduced when the troop expends his ammo?

I don't think the game is so detailed, but I'd like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom