[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
davvynn said:
Edit: Of course you want to cheat but that question tells me that you might not be a experienced player... :\ Why would you want that?!
I knew the question about my experience will arise. Oh god why?

I'm not very experienced player, but I have several finished playthroughs and countless unfinished ones (got bored close to finishing). All complete games are done on max difficulty and increased BS (no cheats) with Brainy Bots to make tournaments and arena challenging, no runic weapons, no CKO, no KHO upgrades, 10 surgery max.

Now to the question WHY I want unlimited NPC ammo in my game:
1. I enjoyed this way of doing things in last version of ACOK. If it's already done somewhere, it's definetely possible.
2. To try smth else and see how it'll play.
3. To hard counter my bandits farming methods, especially defenceless vanskerries who are walking cashbags now.
4. To add dedicated light skirmishers to some factions who can throw more than 1 bag of jarids.
5. I have an understanding how the balance will change, I like it.

Edit: oh, I don't field high tier bowmen usually, so I'll be on recieving end of this change, as crossbows will be even worse.

AttilaWalker said:
I'm not very experienced player, but I have several finished playthroughs and countless unfinished ones (got bored close to finishing). All complete games are done on max difficulty and increased BS (no cheats) with Brainy Bots to make tournaments and arena challenging, no runic weapons, no CKO, no KHO upgrades, 10 surgery max.

Now to the question WHY I want unlimited NPC ammo in my game:
1. I enjoyed this way of doing things in last version of ACOK. If it's already done somewhere, it's definetely possible.
2. To try smth else and see how it'll play.
3. To hard counter my bandits farming methods, especially defenceless vanskerries who are walking cashbags now.
4. To add dedicated light skirmishers to some factions who can throw more than 1 bag of jarids.
5. I have an understanding how the balance will change, I like it.

Edit: oh, I don't field high tier bowmen usually, so I'll be on recieving end of this change, as crossbows will be even worse.

OK, then you know what you want.

Download morghs editor that's the first step :grin:

1. Open it it shows some fields, select Text only button and the  browse and select Prophesy of Pendor 3.8 folder its in the MB warband/modules directory, i'm sure you can find it. If not right click on the mb warband icon and choose open file location option.

2. click save configuration in the editor

3. it will open several editors choose item editor

4. On the left should be list of all the items pop uses

5. Bottom of the list is searching field - search for the arrows, select any of it and on the rightmost fields one of it is named something like quantity, I'm sure you can recognize which number means what. For example: if you selected Noldor Arrows it has at least one field with 32 in it. That's the number you have to increase. DONT FORGET TO SAVE!

I don't know if it you have to start a new game I don't think that will be necessary but you definitely have to relaunch mb.

P.S.: I can solo ithilrandir on 100 battlesize but I have never ever fulfilled prophesy! So I'm not experienced player either.

Inkha said:
Recently, I just learned how to use cheat menu on PoP to disable companion's complaints.
From my experience, it seems done nothing.
The companions still bickering with each other and eventually ask to left the party.

I wonder where did I do wrong...
Should the cheat used before we get the companions?

Thank you Draenor, Naasir and clock4orange for the reply.
I guess I will maintain the 20 companions the old fashioned way like clock4orange said.

This could be a huge spoiler regarding a certain faction, so be warned.

I saw there was a little something about a mystmountain quest in the cheat menu, anybody knows about it?

oh, so no epic quest for us D:

thanks for the info btw

for you, my little mortal minion... Feel free to keep the Game Killer Sword. As a symbol of my... Oh, just take the damn thing!

Brew said:
Serazu said:
Anyway, since the LV are KO troops, he'll lose them if he turns Pendor. Right?

The Jarls, on the other hand, might be lore-wise related to the Fierds, but since they are not a Fierds unit per se, won't be lost if the Fat goes Pendor.

Am I correct to the above assumptions?

They always keep the houeshold troops

Yes, but are the Fey's LV considered household troops? Even if they are, they're also Fierdsvain troops and, if I tell him to go Pendor, his Fierds will supposedly become Pendorians. What will happen to the gals?

Same for, let's say, Aeldfried and his Lions. They remain Sarleon troops. What's going to happen to them?

Does anyone know for certainty? I'm asking because I do not know beforehand what's going to happen next time a lord loses his current army. The game might have progressed too far by then to reload and go back.

Unless you're playing with 1 save file, it can be tested pretty quickly. Just force the lord to change the culture and watch what troops he will recruit next time, whether he will get a couple more of his household troops or not.

Leonion said:
Unless you're playing with 1 save file, it can be tested pretty quickly. Just force the lord to change the culture and watch what troops he will recruit next time, whether he will get a couple more of his household troops or not.

I don't think it can be done with Fey's LV. He won't recruit more of them unless he loses some.

Brew said:
ste636 said:
Any suggestion? Those forest bandits are way too scarce and rare to be really useful, if I let the Jatu be, will they ever come back?

Best way would be to use the "see all" cheat to track down forest badits, you can typcially find 3-4 parties on the map at any one time the problem is they can spawn pretty much anywhere
Also try the destory bandit lair from marleons and laria it might contribute to your bounty score as they are suppose to be forest bandits

Off course I use the cheat!:smile:) there are only 2 or 3 parties around....this is why I wanted to use the Jatu in a legit way, oh well....Thanks for the bandit lair hint, i'll give it a try:smile:

Serazu said:
Leonion said:

I don't think it can be done with Fey's LV. He won't recruit more of them unless he loses some.
If you ask your lord to switch to the different culture, he will loose household troops.

k0nr@d said:
If you ask your lord to switch to the different culture, he will loose household troops.
so I have question as well - I found a beast:
mb16.jpg
he has 3 KO troops: one as household, then city (knight of the Dawn) and fraction (LV)
my question is, does he loose any of them if I take a city and him prisoner, then give him back Volonbray?

edit: wrong KO, sorry

ps. he will be mine anyway :smile:

What is the fraction you spoke about?

That means a lord can potentially have 3 KHO with him? 1 by household, 1 by chapter in his fief, 1 by "fraction"?

I think this may be that he has 2 fiefs, both with a KHO chapter, and he gains troops of that order whenever he rests to gather troops in a fief. Then he went for the other one.

Ralyks18 said:
What is the fraction you spoke about?

That means a lord can potentially have 3 KHO with him? 1 by household, 1 by chapter in his fief, 1 by "fraction"?

I think this may be that he has 2 fiefs, both with a KHO chapter, and he gains troops of that order whenever he rests to gather troops in a fief. Then he went for the other one.
he is Fierdsvain and hold only a city of Volonbray...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom