[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeFuretFurtif said:
So i was wondering if there was another way to renounce vassalage while keeping my fiefs? If not, is there a way to increase the odds of me not receiving a castle i captured so i can actually rebel? (if it matters, i'm a bit over 2500 renown, have decent relations with the king and 100 with D'Shar)

Oh and on a side note, does giving multiple arrow bags to my cko troops work properly?

Yes and yes, for the first, you can talk to the monarch and tell him you want to be free from his oath, this will result in him getting mad. This can be polished by emptying all the cities and castles you own, so that when you become a freelander, they are v easy to take... this results in a similar outcome to rebeling. For the second, some troops (even the Noldor lord Ithilrandir) have the option of sometimes taking 2 ammo items instead of a single one, meaning they can fire twice as more in each battle, and it applies to every troop (including your ckho).

AJAJP_Juan said:
So I have a problem in game right now and I'm seeking for advice. I'm a vassal of Ravenstern, but the kingdom is really weak because the mist mountains armies just wrecking havoc, and trying to conquer anything during a war would result in arrival of 2000 men (which are half of the total of the enemy kingdom) against me and the rest of the lords, making impossible any advance. Furthermore, the reconquered city/castle usually have 700 men garrison only a week after the siege. What to do in this kind of situation?

Remember that mystmountains are an enemy of the Ravenstern, but they are as well of other kingdoms that want to invade Ravenstern, meaning they can end up being useful for defending our kingdom in rare occasions. The best you can do in these scenarios is becoming marshal and when there are no wars against Ravenstern, clash all the lords you can gather against the myst army, hopefully destroying it, else weakening it. Lords dont take much to restock troops if they are close to their fiefs, repeat if necessary, but always try to do it when no wars are going, else other kingdoms may take advantage of the clash!

LeFuretFurtif said:
Madijeis said:
Do not worry, just keep it up with the besieging. Towns in particular.

I'm up to like 6 castles and 2 towns, still no luck. Is there a way i can make the king hate me to increase the odds?
Leave some of the castles ungarrisoned and let the enemy take it. You will gain controversy which would make him deny you fiefs.

Madijeis said:
Can I actually manage to pull this off or should I just lure Wolfbode in the D'Shar territory or something? The worst part is that they rarely attack my city and when they do they are far too many to be killed in one assault. Do you have some cheesy strategies to easily beat the bastards?

a sort of cheesy strategy in this case would be increasing reinforcements waves for siege battle through Tweak MB. Make it like 30 :smile:)
Then all of their soldiers will die in one epic siege battle (or they will actually sack your city :grin: , but if i recall correctly, poinsbruk is really easy to defend, especially against those mystmountains.

Marius's sword is beautiful, but I do not like the Empire's emblem on the hilt. Is there any way to meddle with the occult and remove it without harming its looks?

Serazu said:
Marius's sword is beautiful, but I do not like the Empire's emblem on the hilt. Is there any way to meddle with the occult and remove it without harming its looks?
This small shield is flat so you don't have to alert normal texture (POP Texture folder). Open it in e.g. Gimp and paint this small shield gold or black.

k0nr@d said:
Serazu said:
This small shield is flat so you don't have to alert normal texture (POP Texture folder). Open it in e.g. Gimp and paint this small shield gold or black.

Apologies if my question is silly: how do I open it? Where should I look for it?

Edit: nvm. Found it. Thanks.

Is the Companion Leslie still ingame,been looking for Her for ages without joy,so enabled cheats and checked every city,but still couldn't find her,then noticed She isn't listed in the Character section.

AlbionDaz said:
Is the Companion Leslie still ingame,been looking for Her for ages without joy,so enabled cheats and checked every city,but still couldn't find her,then noticed She isn't listed in the Character section.
Yes, she is
jazza1198 said:
Tis a Quick Questions with a Quick answer

Any news on updates?
Beta testing

LeFuretFurtif said:
Madijeis said:
Do not worry, just keep it up with the besieging. Towns in particular.

I'm up to like 6 castles and 2 towns, still no luck. Is there a way i can make the king hate me to increase the odds?

I haven't seen the code, but according to the flavour text, if you refuse a castle/town when it's offered to you, that decreases the odds of you getting the next castle/town you ask for. So you could try that.

Incidentally, it's actually good that you're getting so many fiefs. The way wars work is, the AI doesn't want to peace out until they do a certain amount of war damage ("even though he's losing, X wants to continue the war for the sake of honor"). Since you have so many fiefs, and are only interested in keeping 2-3 of them, you can just let the AI recapture the others and that will give them the impression that they've done well, which (if you can beat them strongly enough otherwise) will leave them more willing to make peace.

Moridin said:
I haven't seen the code, but according to the flavour text, if you refuse a castle/town when it's offered to you, that decreases the odds of you getting the next castle/town you ask for. So you could try that.

Incidentally, it's actually good that you're getting so many fiefs. The way wars work is, the AI doesn't want to peace out until they do a certain amount of war damage ("even though he's losing, X wants to continue the war for the sake of honor"). Since you have so many fiefs, and are only interested in keeping 2-3 of them, you can just let the AI recapture the others and that will give them the impression that they've done well, which (if you can beat them strongly enough otherwise) will leave them more willing to make peace.

Yeah i finally got it, we had a war on two fronts and lost two town which i reconquered. The second one was finally awarded to someone else so i was able to rebel with both towns and 4 castles.

And i did try the "refuse" option a few times earlier, didn't seem to help. Anyways, i finally got it, just took longer than expected. Thx for the answers!

I spent a lot of fun hours on PoP in the past, still there is always something that I didn't ever try:

- The classic awesome heavy cavalry charge. Playing PoP I almost always went for this tactic: find the best terrain, place a shieldwall of my infantry with some pikes plus a double line of archers/crossbowmen above and behind, provoke the enemy, and you know the rest...SO, assuming I can get a classic heavy cavalry line (Sarleon?), is it possible to make them do a realistic compact charge with the warband controls? What's your experience int hat regard?

- Options for a new game: what do I set for "numebr of corpses" and "ragdolls"? I've a pretty good desktop. Suggestions on the other "performance" options?
- Battlesize?

- Options for a new game: what do I set for "numebr of corpses" and "ragdolls"? I've a pretty good desktop. Suggestions on the other "performance" options?
- Battlesize?
Mediocre PC (4 or 5 years old i think) easily handled all max settings + 350 battlesize with stable 45-60 fps...

GIL said:
I spent a lot of fun hours on PoP in the past, still there is always something that I didn't ever try:

- The classic awesome heavy cavalry charge. Playing PoP I almost always went for this tactic: find the best terrain, place a shieldwall of my infantry with some pikes plus a double line of archers/crossbowmen above and behind, provoke the enemy, and you know the rest...SO, assuming I can get a classic heavy cavalry line (Sarleon?), is it possible to make them do a realistic compact charge with the warband controls? What's your experience int hat regard?

- Battlesize?
You need to remember that although you have the top spec PC, the game engine itself is quite old, not designed with modern tech in mind.
I personally play with: 299 battle size, 0 ragdoll, about 30 corpses (or even 0 as I prefer smother live solder behaviour).

Thanks guys.
Now another thing I never understood:

- Is there a way to sneak into a town (jail break quest) with decent equipment? What's the best equipment you can bring?

GIL said:
Thanks guys.

- Is there a way to sneak into a town (jail break quest) with decent equipment? What's the best equipment you can bring?
Best way is not be the enemy of the target town's country ,anyway, in pendor it is not hard for player to fight some low/mid tier troops when sneak in, just be careful and try more.

GIL said:
Thanks guys.

If you're not an enemy, you keep your own stuff, else, if you're sneaking in like you said, remember to bribe one of the city's villages to make the fire to greatly reduce the amount of guards. For items, I do know lute will be conserved (shield), same goes for light throwing axes (thrown weapon)... I think there are a couple more, but thats all.

Hey guys,

very nice mod here. I'm having great fun as a Sarleon lord and I was thinking about joining the Order of the Lion. Problem is, I've wronged them by failing a quest. Now they follow me (or escape me) on the world map. They want me dead because I failed to kill some heretics. They're totally nuts.

Anyway, I'm looking for a way to improve the relations for a future joining. What could I do? It is difficult to help them in battle, as they do not chase targets in my presence (they just flee).

If there is no decent way, is there some way to cheat it? Just to reset the relationship to 0.

EDIT: litterally minutes after posting (and after days of trying), I've managed to stumble upon a patrol, follow them from afar and help them in two battles. The funny thing is that after the first battle, they tanked me and then pursued me to kill. Lol. So I've solved for now.

Anyway, a suggestion for the future would be to still give quests to players at odds with the order, to help them improve relationship. This seemed way unnatural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom