[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SCV Arius said:
On another note, I would like to find out about the following details;

In Pendor,
1. What would you define as heavy cavalry?
2. What would you define as shock cavalry?

Shock cavalry are the guys that specialize in using lances to deal heavy damage during the initial charge, the Jatu comes to mind as an example for Shock Cavalry.

Heavy Cavalry (or Melee Cavalry) are the guys that can both sustain and deal huge damage throughout the whole battle, the Knights of the Lion come to mind on this aspect.

In Pendor, the difference seem to be thin in some cases, specially for order troops considering that some of them have lances as well as sword and shield so they do the initial charge as well as the sustained damage pretty well.

That's my opinion at least.

SCV Arius said:
On another note, I would like to find out about the following details;

In Pendor,
1. What would you define as heavy cavalry?
2. What would you define as shock cavalry?

I guess this question came here from the wikia... It all started with a member starting a comment with this post: http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Ravenstern_Horseman#comm-9754. At the end, I ended up doubting as well... surely Rav. horseman is not "heavy cavalry", but some stuff he said is true.

What effect has a Relationship with castle?
Has effect to ammount of  new recruit?
And where I can find information of relationships with specific castles in the game? :-/

Bezvim said:
What effect has a Relationship with castle?
Has effect to ammount of  new recruit?
And where I can find information of relationships with specific castles in the game? :-/

Well, unless PoP is different from Perisno (+ Diplomacy) in this area, I'd say relationships with castles are sort of rudimentary.
Castles, like other centers, still have some data stored in the slot slot_center_player_relation (coz, why not?), but it's not really used.
That's why you can't even see it: it was made inaccessible because it has no importance.

Is there a post or a page that gives a complete list of all factions ? I mean, even the ones not mentioned in the "faction relationship" report. Even the factions more minor than the minor ones. Like "Mystmountain bandits" ≠ "Mystmountain tribes".

I recently realized that Obrist Heynrich could be defeated without getting lower relations with the Mettenheim, since he's part of the "Mettenheim renegades" - same thing with Sebastokrator Kaspax and the "Melitine renegades" if I remember correctly (or Melitine outlaw). When an army spawns with troops from a minor faction, its actual belonging is not always clear, so a complete list would help a lot.

I know there are several topics about this, but the ones i found are filled with irrelevant mess about the subject so i'll end up asking here. (Even thought this has been asked a thousand times probably.)

What are the Noldor saying?! Or what language to they speak? Seriously, i tried a couple dictionaries online for either Quenya or Sindarin and i end up not finding out anything about their dialogues or naming convention and in the end, i'm sick of trying figuring out an imaginary language.

Thanks.

damool said:
Is there a post or a page that gives a complete list of all factions ? I mean, even the ones not mentioned in the "faction relationship" report. Even the factions more minor than the minor ones. Like "Mystmountain bandits" ≠ "Mystmountain tribes".

I recently realized that Obrist Heynrich could be defeated without getting lower relations with the Mettenheim, since he's part of the "Mettenheim renegades" - same thing with Sebastokrator Kaspax and the "Melitine renegades" if I remember correctly (or Melitine outlaw). When an army spawns with troops from a minor faction, its actual belonging is not always clear, so a complete list would help a lot.
Look for "factions.csv" in this folder (removed). Or use editor from my signature.

What all choices are the "canonical" choices? I know of using Pendor troops/culture, founding order of the griffon first, and choosing "letter that changed your life forever". Is there anything else?

Begath said:
What all choices are the "canonical" choices? I know of using Pendor troops/culture, founding order of the griffon first, and choosing "letter that changed your life forever". Is there anything else?

Here you have them all. Most rely on the option chosen of the letter, which relies on the first question answer. Hope it helps!  :party:

Begath said:

Expanding on this, also the canon thing would most likely be forcing your vassals to follow the Pendor Culture, after all, you are trying to unify the land to one standard.

As for the character, while it's not really set in stone, i guess the canon protagonist would be Sir Darlion? (an alternate version of Darlion in which he decided to not idle around in castles like a lazy moron.)

Hi all. Can someone tell me if POP allows companion to read books? I am so sorry I couldn't find it anywhere. The last time I played was floris mod.

Thanks noosers!

Can I rant here? lol. First time playing POP. Had a great time playing Floris before this.

Sarleons got wiped too god damn fast lol. They are now left with 1 castle. I don't know how is the AI campaign. I am playing on all normal difficulty.

Reminds me of Swadia getting wiped in Floris. lol.

I was trying to help out Sarleons the best I could (as merc) but (lol) they are only left with 1 castle. Only level 19 now. I can't train fast enough for higher tier troops. Any tips to help me tip the balance against empire? lol

Zesi said:
Thanks noosers!

Can I rant here? lol. First time playing POP. Had a great time playing Floris before this.

Sarleons got wiped too god damn fast lol. They are now left with 1 castle. I don't know how is the AI campaign. I am playing on all normal difficulty.

Reminds me of Swadia getting wiped in Floris. lol.

I was trying to help out Sarleons the best I could (as merc) but (lol) they are only left with 1 castle. Only level 19 now. I can't train fast enough for higher tier troops. Any tips to help me tip the balance against empire? lol

The hegemony in PoP 3.7 is random, but D'Shar will most of the times be at the top and Fierdsvain at the bottom. A big way to help them (a Sarleon city is needed, so this wont work anymore) is talking to the guildmaster, if the kingdom is getting stomped and their economy is suffering from it, the guildmaster will offer you the: "Convince Lords to stop War" quest, that will force the war ending and that will give some time for Sarleon to recover or focus on other war.

Now that Sarleon is so weak, the best thing you can try to become one of their vassals and farm up relations, as your relations will be Sarleons relations as well, so what before were enemies, they can now become allies (works with minor factions too). But imo, its now too late to save Sarleon. If you really like Sarleon, later on, when you're stronger, make your kingdom follow the Sarleon culture, else, save your character and start again, sorry about it  :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom