[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thermocline said:
I just tried fighting the Dread Legion with blunt CKOs, and it looks like most of the Snake units just die instead of being knocked unconscious? Is that normal?
most of special spawns units can't be captured

Hmmmm, the line of text I saw mentioned someone invading Pendor and the name started with an "H".  Another reason I'm asking is because I have never seen that line before.

Maybe a dev can chime in and answer for sure? Do the Vankserry's have a new spawned Lord or something? It was mentioned that Kodan Ironsword is the closest thing to it, but it wasn't him.

Haggar Three-finger, I think it is, just remember I've seen some parties, maybe an army, with that name, but never any special char. Let us know if you find him!

Bjuret said:
Hmmmm, the line of text I saw mentioned someone invading Pendor and the name started with an "H".  Another reason I'm asking is because I have never seen that line before.

Maybe a dev can chime in and answer for sure? Do the Vankserry's have a new spawned Lord or something? It was mentioned that Kodan Ironsword is the closest thing to it, but it wasn't him.

Haggar Three-finger, I think it is, just remember I've seen some parties, maybe an army, with that name, but never any special char. Let us know if you find him!

Very interesting! That is probably him. I wonder if he actually spawns? I have never seen him. Or was he suppose to spawn but just never added or something? Dev reply? :smile:

And if Jarl Haggar Three-fingers isn't in the game, he should be I think. Make him just slightly better than the regular Jarls. I think he'd give the Vanskerries some much needed substance.  Just make him non-captureable or something or not give any Qualis Gems.

omegaweapon said:
I should ask this question again.
1- how rumor value works
2- how rumor value works with export characters

More the value, shorter the pauses between defferent rumors from the same NPC => more rumors per game time if you ask them every time you see => more unique spawns.

sher said:
omegaweapon said:
1- how rumor value works

More the value, shorter the pauses between defferent rumors from the same NPC => more rumors per game time if you ask them every time you see => more unique spawns.

thanks then how come the rumor value of bard is less than of a squire?
it dose not make sense that bard have harder time to gather rumors

omegaweapon said:
thermocline said:
I just tried fighting the Dread Legion with blunt CKOs, and it looks like most of the Snake units just die instead of being knocked unconscious? Is that normal?
most of special spawns units can't be captured

That's not true.

But the Dread Legion are already dead so you can only capture whatsherface.

Same goes for Eyegrim iirc. But Heretic armies are mostly alive. Only the Demonic Magnus dies no matter what.

But Wolfbode, Jatu, Mettenheim, Vaccavia, snake cults and heretics and D'shars are all living.

omegaweapon said:
sher said:
omegaweapon said:
1- how rumor value works

Then lesser means more frequent. Bard has to have maximum rumors and is very appealing as background because of this. I wouldn't say it'll be noticeable difference though, just what devs said about this. It's hard to say for sure since all is random but I play as bard now, he has decent skills so it's not some sacrifice.

sher said:
omegaweapon said:
sher said:
omegaweapon said:
1- how rumor value works

Then lesser means more frequent. Bard has to have maximum rumors and is very appealing as background because of this. I wouldn't say it'll be noticeable difference though, just what devs said about this. It's hard to say for sure since all is random but I play as bard now, he has decent skills so it's not some sacrifice.
so the rumor value is actually the time interval, great many thanks

So what happens if you become in good relations with the Vanskerry? Its possible and I was just wondering if you can actually recruit out of their war parties if you're "friends" with them so to speak? Are there any perks or positives to becoming friends with them? Has anyone done it before?

Yeah, I usually get friendly with them. Main benefit is if you own fiefs on the western coast, your caravans and peasants will safely reach their destinations.

I always try to get friendly with every minor faction that spawns a lot of small harassment parties near fiefs--outlaws, forest bandits, red brotherhood (this one is hard), Mystmountain outlaws, Vanskerries.

thermocline said:
Yeah, I usually get friendly with them. Main benefit is if you own fiefs on the western coast, your caravans and peasants will safely reach their destinations.

I always try to get friendly with every minor faction that spawns a lot of small harassment parties near fiefs--outlaws, forest bandits, red brotherhood (this one is hard), Mystmountain outlaws, Vanskerries.

Other then all that, any benefit? Will they assist you in battles etc? Can you recruit them?

Hmm i think when ur a king u can hire mercenaries and if ur in good relation with vaskeries u can hire them, but im not sure about that, never tried. its workign for mettenheim for sure, but for vaskery? Some1 have to check it :smile:

thermocline said:
IMO the mercenary companies are not great unless you desperately need
Some are good for backdoor protection (avoiding realms from attacking your while you are off campaingning, but only to avoid minor harrass or to some extent sieges), but as patrolling schedule sucks a bit it doesn't always work as intended. Mixing their troops with your own isn't something pleasing neither, for they'll compromise your tactical versatility for being always very specific/specialized (some are infantry, some cavalry, etc.)

They are in fact well constructed and have a decent chunk of lore attached, but still they are not necessary nor THAT good... You can, however, use mercenaries to weaken spammer minor factions, then all you have to do is build sheriffs all around, start patrols and destroy bandit camps, that usually resolves caravan issues..

One of the funnest play sessions I ever did was when I used Morgh's editor and gave myself an army of Vanskerry and took over the Fierdsvain. I did it with 10 companions and nothing but Vanskerry units.

Has anyone done similar? Used a minor faction and took over the map or a particular faction? I stopped once i ruled the Fierdsvain, but man, it was fun times doing it LOL. A real challenge too.  It would be fun doing it with Snake Cult units taking over the Empire too I bet.

I bet it would be an ultimate challenge trying to take the whole map over with nothing but your companions and the Vanskerry or Snake Cult units for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom