[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Epicrules said:
None that I'm aware of. They're probably used to it and would much rather bribe you than get murdered over 100 coins worth of cabbage.

Good to know. I'd always avoided it because I thought it would lose me honor, but it turns out its a great source of cash!

Lord Irontoe said:
Epicrules said:
None that I'm aware of. They're probably used to it and would much rather bribe you than get murdered over 100 coins worth of cabbage.

Good to know. I'd always avoided it because I thought it would lose me honor, but it turns out its a great source of cash!

The only downside is minor disapproval of caravan faction leader but if you don't talk to him in calm period he will not lecture you. So it's a common practice to shake down nearby caravans for food money.

How many times do you need to attack caravans in order to get hit with that negative achievement? I've killed quite a few of them while they were near my size (so they weren't giving much cash) but only when at war.

Negative Achievements (Malus) HOW TO GET
Caravan Marauder (-1 Charisma) Raid 30 Caravans
Village Plunderer (-1 Charisma) Raid 20 Villages

Yeah both of them have an "achievement" for them.

Question #1: Does anyone know for a fact, if lords build improvements in their fiefs or if fiefs just randomly improve themselves when they are owned by a NPC?

I've noticed the steward almost always has skill levels less than needed to even build some of the improvements. Does anyone have any insight of how this stuff works with NPCs?

Question #2: Abandoning mines and prospecting sometimes returns with a better value the first time, in other cases it will not improve. I have done this with at least 10 fiefs, I think three of them returned with better values on the first try, the others never improve, even when I prospected like 10 times. Am I just unlucky? Or are these things set? Does anyone have any insight as to how this works?

Krozzy said:
Question #1: Does anyone know for a fact, if lords build improvements in their fiefs or if fiefs just randomly improve themselves when they are owned by a NPC?

I've noticed the steward almost always has skill levels less than needed to even build some of the improvements. Does anyone have any insight of how this stuff works with NPCs?
Yeah we were told that lords ignore the whole steward skill level mechanic. So later on in game you can get fully upgraded fiefs with noskill stewards, and there's nothing to gain from training them (except fief relationship and I guess ability to repair)

You can even check in the units list via Morgh what skills the stewards start with, and I think it never changes unless the player does something. It's a mechanic that only restricts the player.
Krozzy said:
Question #2: Abandoning mines and prospecting sometimes returns with a better value the first time, in other cases it will not improve. I have done this with at least 10 fiefs, I think three of them returned with better values on the first try, the others never improve, even when I prospected like 10 times. Am I just unlucky? Or are these things set? Does anyone have any insight as to how this works?
What I can find says that there's a maximum value (300) so take a look if you were at the limit.

https://gyazo.com/eb54f6961222fb125c77a564ebd4b680

Why he doesn't trust me? Earlier i was serving Sarleon, captured him once, then left because Ulric was an ******* who kept rewarding himself with fiefs.

Realtion already "16" still nothing.

Why vassals dont get involved with me on great raiderarmys? I try to attack such an large army as the marshall of the realm, but the lords wont follow me in to battle. Some of them joined at least the fight, as one of the lords got attacked. The rest stands only arround. Damn cowards wont sacrifice their troops for me!

Daynad said:

Why he doesn't trust me? Earlier i was serving Sarleon, captured him once, then left because Ulric was an ******* who kept rewarding himself with fiefs.

Check your Right to Rule. It's probably too high and considers you a threat to his authority. If joining the Empire is important to you, do not attach yourself as mercenary to a faction; just stay freelance and wait for the time when he'll invite you himself to join the Empire. It might take some time, it might take place instantly when you stop being in service of a faction.

Daynad said:

High RtR, no one trusts you.

Funnily enough, if you have high enough honor/renown, running around without a merc contract will likely generate a vassalage invite from a king

The Hedge Knight said:
Why vassals dont get involved with me on great raiderarmys? I try to attack such an large army as the marshall of the realm, but the lords wont follow me in to battle. Some of them joined at least the fight, as one of the lords got attacked. The rest stands only arround. Damn cowards wont sacrifice their troops for me!

That is campaign AI flaw I think. To deal with it, talk to your companion and ask to stop the current campaign.
Lords will decide what to do and if they think that they have an advantage over the army, they'll join the fight. If they don't and decide to leave, there's nothing you can do about that I believe. Try to start/end campaign for a few times, it helps sometimes.

Daynad said:

As others have said RtR is the problem, iirc you can be invited to join a faction but it can take some time and its kind of random on who offers it

Diaphantos1 said:
What is a Gaflak? I get that it's a throwing weapon in-game, but does it refer to an actual weapon in real life?

a little google-fu led me here
http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/manufacturing/text/viking_misc_weapons.htm

"Hörður threw a gaflak (javelin) at a man, killing him."

Diaphantos1 said:
What is a Gaflak? I get that it's a throwing weapon in-game, but does it refer to an actual weapon in real life?

My understanding is that it is a name for a Nordic spear. Contrary to popular culture, the spear was the most common weapon of Nordic people, and evidence suggests that they carried two or three to battle, so they could throw them at close range. Nordic warriors were also pretty smart, their spear heads were fastened to shafts with a simple pin, so that they quickly detach them in the event of traveling or retreating, and make new shafts later.

These spear heads are actually very rare to find, it is thought that because they were "standard issue" equipment, no warriors felt the need to be buried with them. It is most likely that large stocks of these were recycled for other uses.

Alavaria said:
Krozzy said:

Yeah we were told that lords ignore the whole steward skill level mechanic. So later on in game you can get fully upgraded fiefs with noskill stewards, and there's nothing to gain from training them (except fief relationship and I guess ability to repair)

You can even check in the units list via Morgh what skills the stewards start with, and I think it never changes unless the player does something. It's a mechanic that only restricts the player.
Krozzy said:
What I can find says that there's a maximum value (300) so take a look if you were at the limit.

1: I wonder if they randomly check to see if an improvement can be made, and if the player first owned a fief and upgraded it completely, then gave it to a lord, would be most effective?

2: 300?!? In my case the highest I have gotten is 100, and there are a couple fiefs that I prospected at around 10 times, one of them always returns 30, the other always returns 50. If the value truly goes to 300, I think I would have a better chance getting struck by lightning than have two fiefs return the same value that many times.

There has to be some sort of code that set a prospect number for each fief, or perhaps makes it the most likely prospect number.

Do you guys think Veccavia Knights are op?

Super easy to train, cost is relatively cheap, super high proficiency and pretty good gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom