[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Epicrules said:
It's more or less an anti-exploit. There's a rather well-known one (which I assume you're aware of given your complaints about this...) where if you cram metric tonnes of recruits into a city, the enemy army will never besiege it because it thinks the garrison is way stronger than it is.

Wait, that's an exploit? I thought it was common sense, since otherwise the combat advantage would be too disfavorable for them and they would end up being slaughtered by the archers.

Raviollius said:
Epicrules said:
It's more or less an anti-exploit. There's a rather well-known one (which I assume you're aware of given your complaints about this...) where if you cram metric tonnes of recruits into a city, the enemy army will never besiege it because it thinks the garrison is way stronger than it is.

Wait, that's an exploit? I thought it was common sense, since otherwise the combat advantage would be too disfavorable for them and they would end up being slaughtered by the archers.

Because if you are leading a garrison of two thousand recruits, you would have no tactical advantage. Hell you probably wouldn't even be able to control them. Peter the Hermit comes to mind. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_the_Hermit.

Epicrules said:

I wouldn't consider it an exploit, its more about the way some of us play
In my current game Ethos has over 3k troops, 2.2k are recruits that I spent a lot of time and effort travelling around to recruit.
I'm waiting for the right time to rebel and thats what these troops are for, they will mostly be used to increase garrison size of castles/towns that I will be unable to defend as I will be busy elsewhere and will only have a few lords to support me against multiple enemies.
Its more about how some people prepare for what is the toughest part of the game.

I dont think there's anything exploitative about it. You want to pay the upkeep, you should be able to keep as many troops as you want. At least its not like Viking Conquest where the Marshal will steal your troops if your garrison's too large.

Personally, I think the auto-upgrade is a great feature. I can always find a use for extra high tier troops. But I can see how it would be a good idea to be able to turn it off on a per-fief basis

So for some reason the amount of orders that I can found is extremely limited.

I'm stuck with KoTG, Griffin, my CKO and some stupid ones for other cultures.

I've tried leaving my order, disbanding my KoTGs... nothing changes what I can access. Couldn't find anything with the search function.

How can I modify the starting relationship of Knighthood Orders to the player? Changing the values for the Player Faction in factions.txt doesn't seem to work anymore.

Diaphantos1 said:
How can I modify the starting relationship of Knighthood Orders to the player? Changing the values for the Player Faction in factions.txt doesn't seem to work anymore.

I take it its for the eventide?
If it is you can get relations by luring their questing knights into d'shar bandits and join the fight, use cheats if you want to make it easiar, I typically get it done over 2-4 days

if its for the ebony gauntlet, founding a chapter will set their relations to 0

Speaking of autoupgrade: upgrading fees are none or substructed from some source, fief income for example? There's no ingame clue on this subject.

I just had the unpleasant experience of attacking a Snake base with no less than 36 Snake worshippers.

Is this normal? I found myself forced to reduce difficulty to easiest just to survive. The hardest part was the fact that I would clear 3-4, and then have 8 spawn right behind me, where I had just cleared before, allowing them to barrage me and my companions with crossbow bolts in the back.

Posting it here, because I'm unsure if this is intended or a bug. It is positively insane compared to normally.

ttgg said:
I just had the unpleasant experience of attacking a Snake base with no less than 36 Snake worshippers.

Is this normal?

Yep. Lairs can contain 50+ enemies depending on your level. Snake lair can be cleared with siege crossbow (there are trees and you can pick up ammo) and some melee weapons for rare duels. It's a target practice when you know what to do there and how to save your companions to prevent swarming.

Not sure if anyone has ever asked this so I apologize if they have in advance -

Has the dev team ever considered partnering up with taleworlds  to create official dlc? Personally I would love to see you guys partner up with taleworlds on the new warband and create Pop 4.0 as dlc for bannerlord when it comes out.

Basically I'm just wondering if this is something the dev team has considered doing or plan to do.

hunterkiller725 said:
any one know what i do with the books of snake cult rituals?

when you join a KO, you can give them the books for rank points and denars

Is this normal? I found myself forced to reduce difficulty to easiest just to survive. The hardest part was the fact that I would clear 3-4, and then have 8 spawn right behind me, where I had just cleared before, allowing them to barrage me and my companions with crossbow bolts in the back.

Posting it here, because I'm unsure if this is intended or a bug. It is positively insane compared to normally.

the snakecult hideout is very difficult, too many armsmen who all have crossbows and your companions/troops do terrible even if you have them melee only with shields, they get hit even through the shields

All the other hideouts are fine, its just this one because all the enemies are the same and equipped with heavy crosssbows

What're the exact mechanics of leftover rescued prisoners and how they get distributed amongst your allies? Are they evenly spread amongst friendly lords / troop stacks that were involved in the fight? Or do first dibs go to the most renowned lords, or those who contributed the most to the fight?

And do the lords lose troops that're past their "natural" limits? Valdis is usually running with ~300 or so, and after a certain fight where he got the bulk of the rescued prisoners he was close to 600. This seemed to whittle down relatively quickly tho, now he's only got 400 left. Do the lords dump the extras into their fiefs, or did he just lose those fighting?

Draz said:
What're the exact mechanics of leftover rescued prisoners and how they get distributed amongst your allies? Are they evenly spread amongst friendly lords / troop stacks that were involved in the fight? Or do first dibs go to the most renowned lords, or those who contributed the most to the fight?

And do the lords lose troops that're past their "natural" limits? Valdis is usually running with ~300 or so, and after a certain fight where he got the bulk of the rescued prisoners he was close to 600. This seemed to whittle down relatively quickly tho, now he's only got 400 left. Do the lords dump the extras into their fiefs, or did he just lose those fighting?

From what I have seen its the lords who bring the most troops to the fight get the most rescued prisoners
I think they suffer a form of troop desertion once they get over a certain limit, also auto resolve will see them burn through all the lower level troops fairly quickly

In fights where you join in after (or don't at all), the initiating party on the winning side gets the prisoners. For fights where you instigated and won, I don't know. Lords do suffer some sort of attrition based on their projected party cap and their current cap, that's even if they don't lose any in fights in the interim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom