[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can only certain cities be sacked? I keep trying to kite the Jatu into doing the dirty work of sieging for me (I'm currently trying to bait am 18k strong Jatu army into sacking the city of Sarleon), but it seems like Poinsbruk is the only city both they and the Mystmountains are willing to attack.

Brew said:
RadicalGuy12 said:
How come Singalian 'slavers' don't have any blunt weapons???

No need since they use auto resolve to get prisoners........

Relying on auto-calc as an explanation for Singalians is just lazy and they should be equipped with blunt weapons just as the 'prince' of Signal, Ramun, would want them to.

And they're clearly not unrelated as 'slavers' is in their name and Ramun controls the slave market.
Modify message

Brew said:
Lord Irontoe said:
What is the Noldor relation threshold where you can't jump into battles against them? And if I drop relations enough to fight them, I assume I'll lose access to Elacrai, so how to get back in?

59 I think, all you need for access to elacrai is +30 iirc
Do some auto resolves to get prisoners every once and a while and you can manage relations easily, noldor nobles when released also give +1 honour so well worth doing

I believe the bare minimum to get the "Help the Noldor" quest (with access to Elacrai) is only +16

RadicalGuy12 said:
Brew said:
RadicalGuy12 said:

Relying on auto-calc as an explanation for Singalians is just lazy and they should be equipped with blunt weapons just as the 'prince' of Signal, Ramun, would want them to.

And they're clearly not unrelated as 'slavers' is in their name and Ramun controls the slave market.

They just run into their targets with their horses over and over again.  :razz:

RadicalGuy12 said:
Brew said:
RadicalGuy12 said:

Modify message

Well, in terms of realism, it woudln't be necessary.
People surrender, rather then getting killed.
Armor offers good protection, and they dont bleed out instantly, so it really wouldnt be a problem.
I guess Ramuns explanation is more for the player and native mechanics then for lore.

And having some desert raiders equipped with maces...
dunno, would feel really weird.

And horse deal blunt dmg^^

Reverend Belial said:
Can only certain cities be sacked? I keep trying to kite the Jatu into doing the dirty work of sieging for me (I'm currently trying to bait am 18k strong Jatu army into sacking the city of Sarleon), but it seems like Poinsbruk is the only city both they and the Mystmountains are willing to attack.

All the cities can be attacked and sacked, I find it best to keep your distance so that targeting you dosen't interrupt what the AI army is going to do, they are not reliable enough to use to your advantage when you want a particular city attacked.

I believe the bare minimum to get the "Help the Noldor" quest (with access to Elacrai) is only +16

I think he already has access to elacrai

RadicalGuy12 said:

Actually, "normally" one don't need to use blunt weapons to get prisoners at all. This is represented in-game by the fact autocalc gives prisoners.

What's "wrong", but needed for balance, is that every enemy of the player has their surgery skill zeroed when they fight him. If that didn't happen, the player would leave every fight with dozens of prisoners, making blunt weapons quite useless and the player VERY rich.

EDIT: I'm not aware of the mechanics involved, so what's above is the end result, not the method. It's possible that no one has points in the surgery skill, and autocalc simulates a value of surgery for the battles where the player is not involved.

Raviollius said:
It's possible that no one has points in the surgery skill, and autocalc simulates a value of surgery for the battles where the player is not involved.
If you have maxed out surgery and autocalculate your own battle, you'll see it doesn't help your side or your army either...

hunterkiller725 said:
1. why does the ebony saber have a stab when all the other sabers dont?
2. why is the ebony sabers stab so low damage

Good question. Sabre is a pretty loose term when it comes to swords. It wasn't even coined until the "Pike and Shot" era, from what I have read/watched.

If your talking about "ancient" sabre type weapons, they were not designed for stabbing at all. If your talking about "Pike and Shot" sabres, they were designed to be used with cavalry and stabbing. It's almost as confusing as when people talk about "longswords". That term could mean the massive two handed swords used in medieval times, or just a long one handed sword as popularized by modern culture.

I'm guessing the sabers in POP are designed to be like the ancient sabre-like swords like the falchion. To be fair, I think all the sabres should have poke values.

Hugh Shields said:
Do good relations with surrounding villages increase the amount of troops you get from auto-recruiting via town/castle steward?

Yes and every time there is an adjustment of relation in one of those villages (up or down) it will trigger another surge of recruits for it's connected castle.

Is there a trick to preventing your garrison troops from upgrading? I'm trying to keep 200 Pendor swordsmen, 200 Sarleon armored footmen, 75 Pendor heavy bowmen, and 75 Sarleon longbowmen. They keep upgrading like 10 per week because of my training grounds. (I am assuming.) I don't have the income to pay the garrison if they are all upgraded a year down the road.

Someone awhile ago posted a .txt tweak for it, since they wanted it removed. We could talk with our coders about toggling it off/on via steward or camp menu, we'll see.

But don't forget, storing units in a castle halves their pay cost.

It's more or less an anti-exploit. There's a rather well-known one (which I assume you're aware of given your complaints about this...) where if you cram metric tonnes of recruits into a city, the enemy army will never besiege it because it thinks the garrison is way stronger than it is.

Krozzy said:
Is there a trick to preventing your garrison troops from upgrading? I'm trying to keep 200 Pendor swordsmen, 200 Sarleon armored footmen, 75 Pendor heavy bowmen, and 75 Sarleon longbowmen. They keep upgrading like 10 per week because of my training grounds. (I am assuming.) I don't have the income to pay the garrison if they are all upgraded a year down the road.
the txt fix is in the new unit discussion thread

Epicrules said:
It's more or less an anti-exploit. There's a rather well-known one (which I assume you're aware of given your complaints about this...) where if you cram metric tonnes of recruits into a city, the enemy army will never besiege it because it thinks the garrison is way stronger than it is.

No I did not know about this. I just don't see the point of going higher than tier 4, (Sometimes tier 3.) when I just need modest soldiers to hold back any attackers until I get there with my main force.
I suppose if the upgrading is in place to keep people from spamming recruits and bugging the AI, then I can live with it. I'll just have to cycle out higher tier troops and give them to my vassals or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom