[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys !  :grin:

I just wanted to know : if I found my CKO in a city of my own and then lose it. What happens ?

I read somewhere that you don't lose the progress nor the stuff. But do you have to reuse a Qualis gem and pay 20k more to refound the order ?  :???:

Thanks for the answers !

The order stays in that castle, so yes you'd have to pay again to found another order in a different castle/town, or you can just take it back and it'll still be there

this might sound dumb, but where is Ediz

is he upstairs somewhee? I've gone two months, have all 19 companions besides him

where art thou Ediz I need you for my minister :'(

If you're looking for a companion you haven't hired yet sell some prisoners to Ramun in Singal. He will tell you the location of one companion that hasn't joined your party yet.

regarding CKHO training: is 4 one wk training session equal to 1 four wk training session?

I tried adjusting the txt file to tweak the training time, but when I ask one of my companions to train the order troops it still pops up with 1 week to 4 weeks training time

so I figured I'll just test it out to see how long they need, which is why I'd rather test the 1 wk out first if there's no difference

mymee said:
regarding CKHO training: is 4 one wk training session equal to 1 four wk training session?

I tried adjusting the txt file to tweak the training time, but when I ask one of my companions to train the order troops it still pops up with 1 week to 4 weeks training time

so I figured I'll just test it out to see how long they need, which is why I'd rather test the 1 wk out first if there's no difference

There's no difference. One month training isn't more successful than 4x 1week training.

mb19_zps08477bbc.jpg

How do I get the bow and 2 hand sword in this picture? Is it a custom edited cko or do I have to defeat a unique spawn for it? Can't find the information on Wiki

longxa762 said:
How do I get the bow and 2 hand sword in this picture? Is it a custom edited cko or do I have to defeat a unique spawn for it? Can't find the information on Wiki

CKO is already pretty custom. You get the bow and 2h sword by having the right skills to use them. They're not even special unlockables.
Besides, the Melitine Army Bow isn't even the best...go for Power Draw 6 and you can even have Noldor Composite Bows (provided you unlock them by defeating a certain unique spawn hero and talking to them as prisoners).

Also if your knight/sergeant has a horse, any item that cannot be used on horseback will not show up.
Which is the case for the Melitine Army Bow, and probably that 2h.

I noticed I can train my knights/seargents in non-combat skills as well (at least I think that's the case). So my question is, do any of the noncombat skills such as pathfinding, tracking, prisoner management etc actually have any effect? Like perhaps for a party of knights which spawn, if I trained up their pathfinding, will they be faster? Tactics too for that matter. Will anything other than combat skills be used by CKHO troops?

Also, just to ask this here, what's the cap on attributes needed by CKHO troops to wear the best armor/wield the best weapons? Would 30str 30agi cover it?

mymee said:
I noticed I can train my knights/seargents in non-combat skills as well (at least I think that's the case). So my question is, do any of the noncombat skills such as pathfinding, tracking, prisoner management etc actually have any effect? Like perhaps for a party of knights which spawn, if I trained up their pathfinding, will they be faster? Tactics too for that matter. Will anything other than combat skills be used by CKHO troops?

Also, just to ask this here, what's the cap on attributes needed by CKHO troops to wear the best armor/wield the best weapons? Would 30str 30agi cover it?

Non-combat skills don't matter, although pathfinding & spotting might have an effect on knight patrols (untested).

Str 30 is all you need. There are no items with AGI reqs. Many items do need a minimum skill to be viewable, and special items are only unlocked by defeating specific unique spawn heroes, taking them prisoner and then talking to them.

mymee said:

The only skills of your troops taken into account outside combat are riding and athletics.
[quote author="manual"]Note that for mounted characters, including yourself, the kind of horse being used doesn’t matter: instead, speed is influenced by the personal skill Riding. On foot, the personal skill Athletics influences map speed, making elite foot troops
faster on the map than green recruits. The game calculates your speed by creating the average between the speed of the slowest troop in your party and the overall average speed.[/quote]
As for the attributes - 30 str gives access to the most att requiring equipment. Agility (at least according to manual an in-game description) gives a bonus to weapon speed, albeit a small one, and having it over 30 won't give you much bonus. Also, I read mentions of benefits of having 30+ str for trainer, but that is probably to have training be more efficient.

thanks for the help guys, training up my CKHO has never been more fun!

I'm on to weapons now that I gave them some decent armor. I have a few questions though about weapon switching behavior. Let's say I gave my knights a 1h weapon, 2h weapon, polearm, and shield, how often will they switch, and will they switch appropriate to the situation? For example if they're facing a cav charge they'd pull our their polearm, and when facing archers pull out 1h + shield, and when facing infantry pull out 2h? I feel like this is a bit too complex for the AI, which is why I'm trying to decide on weapons after I understand how their weapon switching works.

And let's say another setup I'm thinking would be 1h, shield, bow and arrows. I also want them to act as cav archers. Some AI cav archers like jatu troops will skirmish around enemy lines, pulling out their 1h + shield when necessary. Will my troops do this as well? Can I force them into skirmish mode somehow? What if I limited their equip to just bow + arrow + arrow + arrow? What happens then, will they shoot the entire time and have triple the quivers to do it? How about 1h, shield, thrown + thrown. Will they know to use both throwing weapons during a charge before closing for melee?

I feel like 3 weapons would be too much for the AI to handle, so I'm thinking probably two works best. But what happens to 1h/2h combined weapons, like the noldor warsword? Will the AI shield appropriately, and 2h when appropriate as well? If they can't do this switching behavior, it might be best to just give them a 1h to be safe.

Anyway hope you guys understand what I'm trying to ask. It's just mostly being able to make sure the weapon switching behavior works optimally.

From what I've seen, AI is not any good in alternating melee weapons based on situation. They just pick one, if given multiple, and roll with it. This is somewhat problematic for lances, for example. The choice itself seems to be a mystery, probably the one in the first slot is used.
But AI can somewhat effectively alternate between ranged and melee weapons, so having both ranged and melee option is a good idea. AI will switch to ranged when they are far from enemies and will properly circle around and shoot under "charge" order, until engaged in melee.
Also, if you want more than one quiver of arrows, they should be of the different kind. It seems that troops won't be equipped with more than one quiver of the same ammo type, I am not sure how this goes for thrown weapons, but probably the same.

jeez, you just asked everything that is wrong with the default mount and blade behaviour altough because of the incredible race/civ/party/nation/ButNotUlric balance in the game these tend to escape. But i too was baffled by such smart AI who still can not swap from 1Hshield  to  2H protoss berserk. So to answer those:

No. No. No aaaaand No.

Detailed answer: Ai will not swap 1h to lance, lance to 2h or 2h to shield + anything smart. Actually, you're lucky is Ai spawns with both choices, 1H sheld AND!! 2h separately. AI will spawn with lance plus one of those choices, but in any given situation AI will not choose a smart solution to combat and will stand on the horse poking hopelessly with a 300 range lance. Or 300 of your bow-rider-knights will take 20 minutes to finish their last halberdier, dancing around him firing neverending haikus.  + Give them three or eight quivers of arrows they will still use only one. Supported by fellow pendorists and recently just tested it, if the ai doesn't have melee then the AI will PUNCH empty handed, riding
stupidly
spirit horses at slow pace, no matter if their other option is a noldor bow and 300 arrows at 450 prof, 300 warp and chain lightning with expert air magic. 3 weapons is not too much for the Ai to handle because AI will actually equip only 2; use only 1 but better not be a crossbow on a horse like the vulnerable maiden or a honor lance on your eventide tanks :grin: For gameplay purposes, the AI will still equip randomly any option you give them. so if you give your knights 1h, shield, 2h, lance.. chances are some will spawn with 2h and shield and lance, some with 1h and shield and 2h, some with 2h and a shield on the back, with a lance as second. I find myself oftenly fighting along the bloody french sarleon simply because they are so vulnerable, but with a few upgrades their knights become pure swadia armaggedon, with their limited 1h-2h options.  If you give the AI a ranged option, the AI will equip a melee option and a ranged option with only one quiver of arrows. Give them knives and war darts, they will only equip one or the other. So, i optimistically conclude with.. NO. there is unfortunately no actual optimal behavior of weapons switching and such heretic activities, but rather think of your CKO as completely moron devoted honorable baby bouncers or something. If you engage them with long lances and heavy horses and stick them against huskarls, you will lose them. If you two-hand-them against noldor, on a 100-hp-fast-horse who gets killed in one shot and leaves them standing with no shield same fate..But rune-axe-them against Anaconda and Cobra and  stand and laugh while your 300 spartans eat more snake than Bear Grylls in episode 5. Fortunately everything in Pendor has balance and compensates for what the original engine somehow lacks. Except the Fierdsvain. Fk those unbalanced swine.

mniezo said:
jeez, you just asked everything that is wrong with the default mount and blade behaviour altough because of the incredible race/civ/party/nation/ButNotUlric balance in the game these tend to escape. But i too was baffled by such smart AI who still can not swap from 1Hshield  to  2H protoss berserk. So to answer those:

No. No. No aaaaand No.

Detailed answer: Ai will not swap 1h to lance, lance to 2h or 2h to shield + anything smart. Actually, you're lucky is Ai spawns with both choices, 1H sheld AND!! 2h separately. AI will spawn with lance plus one of those choices, but in any given situation AI will not choose a smart solution to combat and will stand on the horse poking hopelessly with a 300 range lance. Or 300 of your bow-rider-knights will take 20 minutes to finish their last halberdier, dancing around him firing neverending haikus.  + Give them three or eight quivers of arrows they will still use only one. Supported by fellow pendorists and recently just tested it, if the ai doesn't have melee then the AI will PUNCH empty handed, riding
stupidly
spirit horses at slow pace, no matter if their other option is a noldor bow and 300 arrows at 450 prof, 300 warp and chain lightning with expert air magic. 3 weapons is not too much for the Ai to handle because AI will actually equip only 2; use only 1 but better not be a crossbow on a horse like the vulnerable maiden or a honor lance on your eventide tanks :grin: For gameplay purposes, the AI will still equip randomly any option you give them. so if you give your knights 1h, shield, 2h, lance.. chances are some will spawn with 2h and shield and lance, some with 1h and shield and 2h, some with 2h and a shield on the back, with a lance as second. I find myself oftenly fighting along the bloody french sarleon simply because they are so vulnerable, but with a few upgrades their knights become pure swadia armaggedon, with their limited 1h-2h options.  If you give the AI a ranged option, the AI will equip a melee option and a ranged option with only one quiver of arrows. Give them knives and war darts, they will only equip one or the other. So, i optimistically conclude with.. NO. there is unfortunately no actual optimal behavior of weapons switching and such heretic activities, but rather think of your CKO as completely moron devoted honorable baby bouncers or something. If you engage them with long lances and heavy horses and stick them against huskarls, you will lose them. If you two-hand-them against noldor, on a 100-hp-fast-horse who gets killed in one shot and leaves them standing with no shield same fate..But rune-axe-them against Anaconda and Cobra and  stand and laugh while your 300 spartans eat more snake than Bear Grylls in episode 5. Fortunately everything in Pendor has balance and compensates for what the original engine somehow lacks. Except the Fierdsvain. Fk those unbalanced swine.

I second mniezo's excellent observation of the ai above.
Fierdsvain troops are well balanced as well...just Fierdsvain as a faction are OP, because of the superior # of lords, the # of troops each lord has, as well as auto-calc with the Fierdsvain (thanks to high-lvl berserkers).

Hello everyone. I'm really enjoying this mod so far, but I've run into a problem. I'm probably just missing something but here goes. I've established my own kingdom and own 3 towns along with several castles. I have about 6 lords. My RTR is around 60. My problem is I cannot ever recruit from any villages owned by my kingdom. The option never comes up, both in villages I assigned to myself and those I gave to my vassals. Even on villages that I have >0 relations with. Is there something I'm missing here? Some requirement I need to meet before I can recruit from my own kingdom? I tried searching this forum and google for a hint, but came up empty. If this has been answered before please forgive me and point me to the answer. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom