[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone managed to fix the broken Flee Mechanics yet? It's really annoying when I have 6 lords that all have a 160 army size, and they all flee from a single party with 300 guys in it.

Lilly112 said:
Has anyone managed to fix the broken Flee Mechanics yet? It's really annoying when I have 6 lords that all have a 160 army size, and they all flee from a single party with 300 guys in it.

Why is that broken though? In the AI's eyes a 300 army would wipe out any one of those lords by themselves, it doesn't take into account if there are others around them.  They are trying to save themselves

It is amusing though, when a 100-man lord sees me and attacks a 200-man lord. Then 400 more soldiers from a few lords join in and I leave him to die.

Or help a 50-man beat a 100-man, then (because we're enemies) when the fight is over I beat them up to. It's great what the game lets you do, killing your own faction.

AlphaOmega said:
Lilly112 said:

Why is that broken though? In the AI's eyes a 300 army would wipe out any one of those lords by themselves, it doesn't take into account if there are others around them.  They are trying to save themselves

Well, stupid AI, which doesnt take into account its surroundings (like allied lords) it is a problem, although is not a POP only problem, but a vanilla one. Affecting every mod, afaik.

Wynd Fox said:
What's the maximum relation one can maintain with the Snake Cult and Heretics?

The question shouldn´t be the maximum relation but the maximum duration of those - MV included a nasty little check which triggers once a week or so and resets your too high relations with evil factions into the negative thus showing you how treacherous and despicable those factions are.

Two quick questions :wink:

1.Every order as last quest have siege of snake cult castle?
2. When i create my own order and im still vassal of sarleon i can only choose sarleon knights to be promoted to members so what will happen when ill go independent? They will switch to pendor? Or there is a possibility of switching it with money or smth? Or i will be forced to recruit my members from captured knights?

bedzio said:

2. When i create my own order and im still vassal of sarleon i can only choose sarleon knights to be promoted to members so what will happen when ill go independent? They will switch to pendor? Or there is a possibility of switching it with money or smth? Or i will be forced to recruit my members from captured knights?
1)
Yes, every one of them has the snake cult castle as the Grandmaster Quest, with the exclusion of your own custom order, as you can't do the GM quest for them.

2)
It changes with you, so if you go rouge it'll change to Pendor Knights. I'm pretty sure it's actually possible to sex-change the buggers by going to the Fierdsvain culture  :lol:

bedzio said:

1.Yes
2.They switch to the culture of your kingdom

fidoman1272 said:
bedzio said:

1)
Yes, every one of them has the snake cult castle as the Grandmaster Quest, with the exclusion of your own custom order, as you can't do the GM quest for them.

2)
It changes with you, so if you go rouge it'll change to Pendor Knights. I'm pretty sure it's actually possible to sex-change the buggers by going to the Fierdsvain culture  :lol:

It is, I did that once as a Fierd vassal, then new kingdom with pendor.  All my Knights became dudes

Thx every1 for anwsering previous one :smile:
Ive got another pack of questions  :idea:

1.Every castle and city got villages that belongs to them. So i rebel and as vassal i had only city without villages, what happens? I receive them also?
2.What are bonuses of joining order? Only armor, if yes which knighthood has the best one:wink:
3.As i understand wiki list of armors,weapons is not complete? They are missing stuff i suppose.
4.What with the lordly stuff? Every item has version of lordly?

THx for anwsers  :cool:

If a village belongs to a city, and you own the city when you rebel, the villages will come with you but will not be owned by anyone right away. You can assign them to either yourself or your vassals.

The grandmaster quest of an order yields a (non-functional) castle which sends out patrols and you can upgrade your armor at. The quests they give you can yield troops. There is nothing that makes joining one order better than another really, and your choice in order would probably vary depending on playstyles. Somebody else can elaborate more, I'm a Falcon and Silvermist kinda girl.

Not familiar with the wiki, but you can always look at all items ingame by enabling cheatmode and using the "find item" cheat.

If I recall correctly, "Lordly" is the highest modifier for armors, the equivalent tier for a weapon is "Masterwork".

For the random founded knighthood orders - if you capture their castle will they eventually appear in your garrison?

They do fill up the garrison when the castle does not belong to you, but not anymore since I captured it for myself :sad:. (And no I don't have any stored in the garrison already).

Does anyone have any tips for when a rival kingdom becomes a significant powerblock?

I'm 500 days in, still a lord of Ravenstern and I still haven't managed to get any fiefs, because Ravenstern has lost so much ground.

D'Shah and Sarleon have been conquered, D'Shah by the Fierdsvain, and Sarleon by the Empire. Both of these factions control the entire map save for Rane and Poinsbruk, which still belongs to us. They also have a huge number of lords, whereas we are suffering and as marshal I'm struggling to see how I can maintain the manpower to bring them down. We just went to war with the Empire and I scored a good number of back to back victories, Marleons and a castle next to it, but now my army is significantly weakened and they are countering with a number of armies including one with over 50 immortals.

So yeah, any tips?

Perhaps dwindle their numbers by luring them to attack a hopleless siege (pick one with nastiest approach to the wall).
Or kite some of those nasty named spawns on them.
Or go do the knighthood quests by helping any order you choose - the last one will be to siege the snake stronghold which will mean you owning a castle if you pull it through.

Either way you should've prepared money-wise, being able to train lots of people... so when you get something you'll be able to hire mercs and/or raise a proper garrison in no time.

Some battles are easier won on the field. For example 50 immortals is no trouble with proper terrain selection (where you lead/attack the enemy army on the campaign map) and proper placement (hills). 50 Ravenstern Rangers will chew them up badly as long as they have enough time to fire several volleys. You might need to lure them to follow you and expose their backs on the archers. They don't have shields, but at least they aren't closing up the distance too fast.

I gave Marleons but Im holding Talon Castle for now, hoping for a peace, so that I actually have the potential to build an army during peace time. Their lords keep riding past the castle so we have defeated a number of them by picking them off. However I dont know where their main force, which I found out includes Marius Imperator with a 700 man army, followed by the Vevvacian army (sp?) with over 1000 men  :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom