[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knight of calradia said:
Oh right, I'll keep them as they are, but now I'm just wondering how I can rebel against Marious Imperator, because I have advanced to 400 days in game time and usually I would be formed my own faction already.

Well it seems that rulers won't let you have too many fiefs (probably a certain value of centers), since after I owned the two towns and then solo conquered Calendain Castle and asked if I could have it and was denied. Then I rebelled and started the Kingdom of Pendor.

That was my experience. I didn't have a very high relationship with Marius either (under 10 points).

Aithere said:
Knight of calradia said:
Oh right, I'll keep them as they are, but now I'm just wondering how I can rebel against Marious Imperator, because I have advanced to 400 days in game time and usually I would be formed my own faction already.

Well it seems that rulers won't let you have too many fiefs (probably a certain value of centers), since after I owned the two towns and then solo conquered Calendain Castle and asked if I could have it and was denied. Then I rebelled and started the Kingdom of Pendor.

That was my experience. I didn't have a very high relationship with Marius either (under 10 points).

I have over 50 RP with Marius so I could potentially ask him to take some town with me and castles too and go hulk mode and conquer everything :smile:.

Knight of calradia said:
Things are much slower in Pendor.
And rebelling late is very possible, in my first full playthrough I did it after 800+ days. I had 3 towns and and rebelled with my 3rd castle.  Having max controversy is a sure way to get something refused.

Filou said:
Knight of calradia said:
Things are much slower in Pendor.
And rebelling late is very possible, in my first full playthrough I did it after 800+ days. I had 3 towns and and rebelled with my 3rd castle.  Having max controversy is a sure way to get something refused.

Oh right :smile:, I'll keep that in mind and thanks by the way for all of you folks for posting so quickly and telling so useful infromation and hints.

Im about 300 days in and im the marshal for sarleon, i captured rane and it is now my town. I want to dismantle the knights of the dragon order and create a custom order but my order knights will end up being upgraded from sarleon troops and when i declare independence i wont have access to their nobles. So my question is if i make a knighthood now that upgrades from sarleon nobles, will i be able to use pendor nobles once i become independent?

I had a terrible day today, when I started my own faction, first action was that the Empire declared war on me, second was that I made big mistake by helping a Noldors against some random Sarleon vassal and received -10 relation points from the faction and when I went to talk with King Ulric about the truce, he declined to start truce and said that he is not attemping to declare peace any time soon, so after that when I had Laria, Cez and whitestag castle, my steward couldn't get any recruits from surronding villages in any of the towns and castles so I was kind of defendless at the point, but then, the First wave of besigers by Marius imperator came out of distance, and started to siege Laria, but thankfully, I took care of them because one of the Noldor lord came up so I just had to help him with cleaning out the lords he could catch (1150+ units :smile:), so I managed to drive them away, but then the superious Sarleon forces came out from the woodwork and I had little chance to defend against them (over 1500 units), so I gathered all of my troops from the garrison and went to the whitestag castle and threw my units into garrison there, but that wasn't what I wanted to do, so I have taken the Town about 3 times already and taken the units from garrison every time (if you don't grant your view to anyone, it will be automatically garrisoned with 50-100 troops (don't know the exact right mount)), so I did that 3 times and on the way I actually hired the Jatu raider party with 12 000 denars from steward in whitestag castle, and now I'm here asking your opinion about what should I do about it, because it and it's village does give me rather tidy sum of profit per week, and on the other note, I actually declared my own knighthood order, but unfortunetly, I cannot afford their high quality armors, weapons and horses because my current money situation is around 55 000 and I'm only losing money rather than "making it", so please leave a suggestion about what should I do, and I'll read them with pleasure :smile:.

Did you not have a business in most/all cities before declaring? Before I declare I have a dyeworks/other money making business in every town while having half a million in savings before declaring for Pendor.

Laria's not a very good second city to have, even though a lot of people love starting there for having Noldor protection (I really hate the location of the city, you get harassed by the Empire and Sarleon too much, and caravans hardly make it to Laria).

By the sounds of it you kind of dug yourself into a big hole. When you start out, you can barely stand against one faction let alone two. 

The only things I can think of is to try and pick off lords and capture them, to thin out the enemies armies. Try and get a companion lord such as Sir Roland (he has an upstanding personality) to take over your castle -- your setup is not very cost efficient since you need to garrison 3 places when you can't even afford it. Capture and recruit lords you have high relations with (you capture them and talk to them via the party screen). Give them your villages, they may not be able to raise armies 300+ strong, but lords with 100 something troops can fight against marauding lords on the villages. You also get the prisoners at your towns since you own the towns that they offload to (which is why Ethos is a REALLY strong town to have). You'll get more income by selling those prisoners in your towns Laria and Cez.

Aithere said:
Did you not have a business in most/all cities before declaring? Before I declare I have a dyeworks/other money making business in every town while having half a million in savings before declaring for Pendor.

Laria's not a very good second city to have, even though a lot of people love starting there for having Noldor protection (I really hate the location of the city, you get harassed by the Empire and Sarleon too much, and caravans hardly make it to Laria).

By the sounds of it you kind of dug yourself into a big hole. When you start out, you can barely stand against one faction let alone two. 

The only things I can think of is to try and pick off lords and capture them, to thin out the enemies armies. Try and get a companion lord such as Sir Roland (he has an upstanding personality) to take over your castle -- your setup is not very cost efficient since you need to garrison 3 places when you can't even afford it. Capture and recruit lords you have high relations with (you capture them and talk to them via the party screen). Give them your villages, they may not be able to raise armies 300+ strong, but lords with 100 something troops can fight against marauding lords on the villages. You also get the prisoners at your towns since you own the towns that they offload to (which is why Ethos is a REALLY strong town to have). You'll get more income by selling those prisoners in your towns Laria and Cez.

Well, Laria is not currently under my control (Sarleon vassals took it again), but I have pretty good defence in my castles (Cez has 350 and whitestag castle has 420), and I actually do have actually 3 enterpirses in every old Empire's towns, but I don't think thats enough for now, so I could try to save up some money and build those enterprises elsewhere, and I actually do have only 4 villages now, you to Sarleon taking Laria again, so I'll try to follow your instructions as best I can, and see what happens.

I do get the impression, you declared too early. Of course you can struggle on and it might work out eventually. Actually my advice would be offering vassalage to a king you're not at war with as soon as you have reconquered laria and use the insta-peace to raise money and some cheap but numerous garrison troops (Ravenstern wardens and Sarleon longbows do well here). Once you're strong enough, go for independence again.

the  whitestag castle is a bit  too far from cez, so you can't apply the tactic  of fast reinforcements so easily,  and i suppose you have created your CKO out there

if i'm really in difficult  and if  laria had a weak garrison I'll retake it again, and  transfer the entire garrison from cez to laria (yes , sacrificing cez  :shock:), but after you can defend the  larian area very effectively with 1000 troops in total

mercenaries are  too expensive to maintain (dismiss)

no ... stand and fight for pendor
rid yourself of unnecessary troops (eg. jatus mercenaries ) and keeps only  the number needed to withstand a siege ...
I think you have about 1,000 men scattered across your strongholds
keep only a total of 400 of your best units, for example 340 laria and 10 in the castle (and 50 troops for your own party)
of course they will besiege the castle, then transfer the entire garrison of laria to the castle, with 400  you can resist to 2000 men army !

fladin said:
no ... stand and fight for pendor
rid yourself of unnecessary troops (eg. jatus mercenaries ) and keeps only  the number needed to withstand a siege ...
I think you have about 1,000 men scattered across your strongholds
keep only a total of 400 of your best units, for example 340 laria and 10 in the castle (and 50 troops for your own party)
of course they will besiege the castle, then transfer the entire garrison of laria to the castle, with 400  you can resist to 2000 men army !

Er...this seems pretty thight spot to decide what I should do, but I'll start after hour to play, so I'm still opened for suggestions, because they are all important.

No.
There´s a difference between regular and already existing knighthood orders and the player customizable one.
Read the FAQ (stickified threads) or the ingame notes and concepts for more details or rephrase your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom