[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else get graphics glitches? They seem to happen when I'm in a town but they continue after I leave. The screen flickers, the words and the bottom left flutter and change colors, sometimes there is writing of what looks like code stretched across the screen. Some object have long lines extending out from them.

Anything like this or is it just me? If fixes itself when I restart the game.

Does Noldor relations have anything to do with the prizes you get in their tournament?

I just went to my first tournament and won and got a Thick Runed Amor.

1. What's the best way to get more lords to join your kingdom? I'm at 7500 renown, 93 right to rule and 160 honor. When I go for the " I must tell you something in private" option, every lord responds with something like " I'm not a plotter" or "let's keep our talk in the open." I get this response every time, no matter if my relations with the lord are at -10 or +30.

2. What are the strenght and agility values, which unlock every item for the CKO? And what is the most effective way to get to those? So far I always sent Leth for 4 weeks to train them.

steelshanks said:
1. What's the best way to get more lords to join your kingdom? I'm at 7500 renown, 93 right to rule and 160 honor. When I go for the " I must tell you something in private" option, every lord responds with something like " I'm not a plotter" or "let's keep our talk in the open." I get this response every time, no matter if my relations with the lord are at -10 or +30.

2. What are the strenght and agility values, which unlock every item for the CKO? And what is the most effective way to get to those? So far I always sent Leth for 4 weeks to train them.
1. Not sure. 30 doesn't sound very high.  You can also turn your companion into lords. Good/decent lords are Roland, Alistair, Boadice, Rayne, Donovan, Freddy, Leth - roughly in that order.

2. Str=30 for every item.  Agi = n/a.  Riding=6 for the best horses
Sir Jocelyn is a better trainer than Leth because he has 5 training.  When the CKO are as good as him, then switch to Leth.  Training and the greatness of the stat/skill/proficiency gap affects likelihood of improving.

steelshanks said:
If you're king, beat them up and they might join you after you take them prisoner.

... depending on many factors, that is. If they're from a massive faction and you have very few holdings, it will take a lot of relationship.

I just got a "Strange Runebow" from some booming-voice-in-the-sky-guy. Does 37 damage. Is it permanent, does it disappear again, can I upgrade it with ruby etc. whatnot?

Is there anything I should do with it before shooting people?

TheAnyKey said:
I just got a "Strange Runebow" from some booming-voice-in-the-sky-guy. Does 37 damage. Is it permanent, does it disappear again, can I upgrade it with ruby etc. whatnot?

The bow is given to you to help you defeat Wolfbode. Once he's gone, it will disappear too. Just give it to a companion or use it yourself until it's gone. Upgrading won't stop the bow from leaving, so I'd say it's a waste.

IIRC it's actually the god himself manifested as a bow.

Moridin said:
TheAnyKey said:

The bow is given to you to help you defeat Wolfbode. Once he's gone, it will disappear too. Just give it to a companion or use it yourself until it's gone. Upgrading won't stop the bow from leaving, so I'd say it's a waste.

IIRC it's actually the god himself manifested as a bow.

Will giving the bow to a companion prevent it from disappearing?

steelshanks said:

After defeating lords let them go. When you beat them up enough and need lords to give castles to then capture the lords you want and after they are imprisoned talk to them and see if an option to join you is there.

This method works best if you plan ahead. Take notice of which lords have the highest renown and the best troops. Especially for lords with the unique troops. Then take their castles first. This tends to make them discontented in their faction and makes it easier to turn them (I believe). You can look up each lord to see what their renown is and the fiefs they hold. It may be useful to take a fief without the intent of holding it just to make that lord mad at his king. The king may retake that castle but if he does it will take awhile to give it back to the previous lord. There's a chance that won't happen (I think). All this makes the lord less loyal.

Decide what areas you want to take over then decide what Lords you want to recruit. If they reside in the areas you want then make them your top priority. Take notice of their rivalries and friendships. Giving a rival a fief can hurt your reputation with this lord. You can avoid some of that by not recruiting lords he doesn't like.

Start with Dukes, Barons, and then Lords. These are usually from highest to lowest renown (unless they've switched factions).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom