[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halp!

My super-awesome custom elite female knights suddenly changed gender !

Out of nowhere they grew beards and schlongs, making me feel all sad and depressed. They were the pride of my all-female army.

bug? transvestite-easter egg?

wth is going on???

Dalloskid said:
I've spent a few weeks away from Pendor, but I'm looking to start a new save. I usually go for the pure trader and work my way to a warrior by using cabbages. It is slightly grindy though, so I'm looking for an alternative start. Can anyone suggest me a start that is a good choice to become both a strong warrior and a decent leader?

Go the looter 5 guy start strategy. The starting choices should be listed somewhere either on this forum or the wiki, please seek them out and create your next AE to your own preferences.

noosers said:
Dalloskid said:
I've spent a few weeks away from Pendor, but I'm looking to start a new save. I usually go for the pure trader and work my way to a warrior by using cabbages. It is slightly grindy though, so I'm looking for an alternative start. Can anyone suggest me a start that is a good choice to become both a strong warrior and a decent leader?

Go the looter 5 guy start strategy. The starting choices should be listed somewhere either on this forum or the wiki, please seek them out and create your next AE to your own preferences.

Alright, I'll give that a go :smile: cheers!

Arcanum said:
Apolo said:
What infantry do you recommend to stick with?

Depends on what you like.

Fierdsvain huscarls for sheer 1 on 1 killy power with axes and throwing weapons.

D'shar bladesmen and blademasters for choping through enemy armies like they are made of wet tissue paper in front of a hurricane.

Imperial Legionaires for a solid core with javelin spam. Nothing terribly special in the 1 on 1 department but hold their own long enough for supporting units to bring the pain.

Don't bother with kiersguard unless you like soviet style human life is cheap tactics.

If you can afford their upkeep and recruiting cost Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet or Immortals are the best bet.

Barring your own custom overpowered as hell Knightly orders.

Imperial Gladiators are a higher level than legionnaires and deadlier....

Do you need to do multiple training sessions with the same companions? I have sent leth once and diev twice but my knights are still at power draw 2. Leth is currently doing his second 4 week session.

Cyzyk said:
What are the best bows for a horse archer (hero, not KO)? I'm running around with a fine composite bow and Noldor arrows, and it's frustrating to have to headshot a Knight of the Dawn multiple times to kill one. It's one thing to need three bodyshots, but baiting their attack to get the shield out of the way and lining up a headshot is a lot of work to not kill somebody.

Especially when the Sarleonian knaves breed them like rabbits and never seem to have less than ten in their armies even a week after being defeated.

Suggestions on how to find said bow would also be welcomed. Unfortunately, my barbarian bonus rune bow has already come and gone.
If you can find the Meltinine horseman bow it's already a better option than the Short Composite bow, but the better bows are the Noldor ones.  Either the basic Composite version or the special ones like Duskfall.  It's fairly easy to get a Strong one from Quigfen, or if with a bit of luck a basic one at Elacrai.
Otherwise pile up 3 gems and get yourself a Rune bow from the mines, or there's always the option to get the unique one from the Khan if you're in a position to grab king's weapons.

Got a question about the equipment of my CKO:
- I cannot buy the different Noldor gear, despite the guy in Elacrai told me the secrets of how to create those items.
I can neither buy, e.g. the Forlon Hope Plate Suit, or the black armour Sigismund Sinclair has by default.
Did i forget something?

Adrale said:
Do you need to do multiple training sessions with the same companions? I have sent leth once and diev twice but my knights are still at power draw 2. Leth is currently doing his second 4 week session.
I am also wondering this.

My CKO need stuff better than hunting bow.

I just createt my CKO, and wantet to purchase the stuff as early as possible.
As there's an option "affordable" stuff and another option for other better stuff, i thought i could buy the noldor items right from the start?

Draenor said:
- I cannot buy the different Noldor gear, despite the guy in Elacrai told me the secrets of how to create those items.
I can neither buy, e.g. the Forlon Hope Plate Suit, or the black armour Sigismund Sinclair has by default.
Did i forget something?

As Bargian said, your troops need to fulfill the requirements for items before they will show up. STR, Riding, Power Throw, Power Draw, Shield, for the various types of items they are required by. What Strength do your Knights have?

Adrale said:
Yes, you'll need some time.  Each day you have a % chance to raise the stat, where Trainer and high stat difference increase your odds.  But even at 5% (which is pretty good) you'll need 20 days on average to raise the stat once.  The exact formula is around here somewhere.

Leth having 0 in trainer is a pretty poor choice even if his stats are good. 
I sent him for 3 session of 1 month as my first trainer to use the most of the stat difference.  Ironically the stats that were raised the less were STR, PD and Archery, PD was only raised to 4 after all of this.
So unless you managed to raise Leth's Trainer, I would use him only as a last resort.

Dalloskid said:
I go decent str/agi/cha build, but mostly int, and later on use cabbages to max out all the stats.  See my post a few pages earlier on this thread

Bargian said:
Some of top noldor stuff ull get for relasing one of noldor lord, cant remember which 1 :smile:
Hmm does ur troops have enought str for that kind of armor?
My Ediz, Siggy and Leth all have 30 strength.  For 30 str, use someone with 30 strength to train your CKO

Training is going to take really really long... approximately as long as it will take to fully gear up your CKO anyway.  So we're talking about 100-200+ days

Getting the training skill (the higher the better) makes it faster to train up your CKO.  A lot of people like using Sir Jocelyn until he can't improve them anymore.

Draenor said:
Did i forget something?

It's very likely that your guys don't have enough strength yet.  Also, in order to unlock the best Noldor equipment, except for the bow, you'll need to capture either Ithilrandir or Aeldarian.

Cyzyk said:
What are the best bows for a horse archer (hero, not KO)? I'm running around with a fine composite bow and Noldor arrows, and it's frustrating to have to headshot a Knight of the Dawn multiple times to kill one. It's one thing to need three bodyshots, but baiting their attack to get the shield out of the way and lining up a headshot is a lot of work to not kill somebody.

Especially when the Sarleonian knaves breed them like rabbits and never seem to have less than ten in their armies even a week after being defeated.

Suggestions on how to find said bow would also be welcomed. Unfortunately, my barbarian bonus rune bow has already come and gone.

The best bow for horse archery is the Ruby Rune Bow.  It has the highest damage, and its low accuracy doesn't matter as much on horseback.  Otherwise, Duskfall that Aeldarian wields is the best bow in the game in my opinion.  Then comes one of the rune bows and then the Heritage Djaha Bow that Kadan Bahadur Khan wields.

In order to get a rune bow, you must spend a Qualis Gem to find the Mines of Al-Aziz which one of the book merchants will point you to.  Then you must bring another two Qualis Gems to the mines, one for a Strange Rune Bow and another one to turn it into a Ruby, Emerald or Sapphire one.  Of those, the Sapphire Rune Bow is best for sieges for its accuracy but the Ruby one is, like I said, best for horse archery (unless you're a bona fide master of aiming on the move).

In order to get Duskfall you'll have to capture Aeldarian, let him go and make him promise to never return.

In order to get the Heritage Djaha Bow you'll need to capture Kadan Bahadur Khan when the D'Shar control less than six walled fiefs (the sum of their towns and castles is less than 6).

Aside from these bows, the Noldor Composite bow is by far the best bow.  You can loot one from various sources, obviously the Noldor but also for example Rogue Knights.  You can also buy one from Elacrai or Quigfen and very rarely one will show up at one of the regular weapon merchants.

Which Companions train mist effectivly?
And, increasing your steward's trading skill speeds up upgrading your order with items right?

Draenor said:
Which Companions train mist effectivly?
And, increasing your steward's trading skill speeds up upgrading your order with items right?

I highly doubt that the steward's trading skill has any effect on the upgrading speed.  I've never seen any mention of it, I'm almost certain that the only things that affect the upgrading speed is the abundance value of the item purchased and of the item being replaced.

The companions that train most effectively are those with the highest stats/skills/proficiencies and the highest Trainer skill.  This has actually been explained numerous times on this forum.  What affects the training speed is the difference between the trainer's stats and the knights and sergeants stats, and the trainer's Trainer skill (the trainer being the companion sent to train them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom