[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on things like how many towns, castles and villages their faction has.

Grabbing people from a faction much more massive than your faction is harder.

I notice when you start a new game, a bunch of lords always have negative relations with you right off the bat.

At first I thought they were all the dishonourable ones, but one of the guys who started with -3 relations with me turned out to have the Martial personality.

Is it just entirely random for which lords don't like you at the start?

Jude said:
I notice when you start a new game, a bunch of lords always have negative relations with you right off the bat.

At first I thought they were all the dishonourable ones, but one of the guys who started with -3 relations with me turned out to have the Martial personality.

Is it just entirely random for which lords don't like you at the start?

Not entirely. The owners of Rane, Avendor and Ishkoman will always dislike you and one Empire and Fierdsvain guy as well. So there are a few lords who have a set personality, usually it is those that own towns. So the owners of the other towns should never dislike you in the beginning. For the other lords it is random.

Nikomakkos said:
Not entirely. The owners of Rane, Avendor and Ishkoman will always dislike you and one Empire and Fierdsvain guy as well. So there are a few lords who have a set personality, usually it is those that own towns. So the owners of the other towns should never dislike you in the beginning. For the other lords it is random.
Ah, thanks.

It's Kyros Dux of Cez who I was talking about, incidentally. Ever since I found out he was Martial I've been working on the relations for those delicious household troops.

And as long as I'm on the subject; Is there a reason not to just try to recruit every single honourable and martial lord you can? I've been working under the assumption that more is generally better as far as they go.

You might as well. A lord on your side is at the least not acting against you. If they like you a little, they'll show up with more soldiers.

Nothing says "Vaseline this" like having 5000 soldiers in your force.

I mean, it gets annoying to deal with the relationship to some extent, because you have to click-click-click. If you've tried to talk to 30+ lords after every single battle, it gets a little ... tiresome.

I would go work on the Martial one, since you automatically gain relation boost with honorable one from increasing your honor. And you'll need 500 honor for the achievement anyway, so most of the honorable lords get 50 relation with you automatically.

On that note..

If you attack the Noldor after Elacrai is revealed to you, is it possible to gain access again?

Not that I've had many opportunities to fight the damned elves, their parties are larger than most lords in my game.

Hi all,

I would like to try and finish Pendor with:

1. a female player character
2. female troops only
3. female companions only (all of them)

1 & 2 are no problem, but female companions only will cause conflicts in the long run I bet.

If I want all the female companions in my army, is there a way to keep them without the "hanging the deserter-trick" ?

I didn't like threatening my companions on a regular basis. Is there another way to disable them from leaving completely for the Pendor mod ?

thank you for your time and help.

Yeah, this saddens me. The companions are my favorite part of the game. Watching them grow into fierce warriors over time is so awesome.
The way it is set up, it looks like I am gonna miss out on at least 2 this way (and I love all the Pendor lady companions )  :sad:

I have read somewhere that the Pendor mod does not allow for the same tweaks that could be done in vanilla Warband, due to the way it's scripted/programmed.
I have no idea if this is true, but if anyone has found some way to get all female companions without them leaving, please let me know !

I would be very grateful for any help on this matter.

Leslie, Kaverra, Riva, Julia, Sara the Fox, Alyssa, Adjona, and Boadice.

The ones you can hire without conflicts with any other female companions are imo the best among them:
Leslie - Essentially a female Ansen with slightly different starting skills. Can easily fill in for support.
Kaverra - A bit overlooked, but she does make a nice addition to the back of a shield wall with her Manopener and some throwing weapons.
Boadice - Strongest female companion, and starts off at a higher level than most companions.
Edit: Forgot to put Adjona here. Starts off with power draw, riding, and slightly higher looting skill than other companions.

That leaves you with the other 4. Each of them will conflict with a companion above or below them in this order.
Alyssa - A weaker snake priestess, but more potential than having an actual non-levelling snake priestess in your party.
Sara the Fox - Fast but fragile, and I think starts off with the highest persuasion skill of everybody. Can fill the role of Emissary.
Julia - Crossbow user with some riding skill. Can be given a horse for mobility or a heavier crossbow for pure damage.
Riva - No definite role from the start, but has riding and power draw, so I usually make her a horse archer.

This means you can only have 2 of the 4 without the deserter trick. Possible combinations:
Alyssa & Julia
Alyssa & Riva
Sara & Riva

Julia started with 3 PD if I remember correctly. Perfect for the role of horse archer, along with Adonja. Riva is low level companion thus having a greater potential over Alyssa, except for the fact that Alyssa starts with 8 PT.

after you propose a lady, she asks you to go and grab a permission from her father/brother whatever, so i doubt there is an option to marry anyone w/o permission -D

IfIcantscuba said:
Isn't there an option to elope if you can't get the other lord to agree? And if you do this do you still get the right to rule increase?

It depends on her personality whether she's willing to elope. Ask a bard about her. I don't know the answer to the right to rule question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom