[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
by the way is there any reason on the planet that there are 1000 man enemy spawns in hideout missions now, happens in gekokujo mod too.  so pointless i dont even do any of the missions for those anymore.

For your first question - Stop cheating or stop complaining, your choice.
For your second question - It's listed in the game notes. It requires 70 honor, a bunch of money, and I think a Qualis gem but I'm not sure.

vercingetorixx said:
by the way is there any reason on the planet that there are 1000 man enemy spawns in hideout missions now, happens in gekokujo mod too.  so pointless i dont even do any of the missions for those anymore.
Stronghold is easy to take with well trained CKO. I did with and only lost 20 Knights, 20 Sergeants. And I play full damage, battlesize 200 so yes I take out all but some Armsmen and Followers.

Glad is bullsh, compare to zerker. Yes they have shield and throwing weapons too, but they are just as frail and not even as good at killing. I wouldn't send my knights to a blob of zerkers but I can send my knights to go head on with glads. They don't have the effective 2-hander to bring down high end troops. Sword of War? pfffff.

habeo123 said:
vercingetorixx said:
Stronghold is easy to take with well trained CKO. I did with and only lost 20 Knights, 20 Sergeants. And I play full damage, battlesize 200 so yes I take out all but some Armsmen and Followers.

He said hideouts, not the stronghold. As in "Red Brotherhood Hideout" and etc.

Like hideout which scales its difficulty according to the players level.

Which is you why you avoid those quest like the plague after level 30 or so as it´s a real pestilence to surive them. Worst of all, the SNC hideouts.

vercingetorixx said:

It scales off your level. Thats why its like that,and since most enemies can actually hurt you at all levels of the game...yeah.

Rpground said:
vercingetorixx said:

It scales off your level. Thats why its like that,and since most enemies can actually hurt you at all levels of the game...yeah.

Try playing with polished landscapes which adds hundreds of trees, basically you're blind, and if its night time, good luck finding your enemy, even if you use minimap, you'll probably notice a wep cutting your face, and thats it.

Oh and gotta love the singalian leaders, random headshots trough the darkest woods and the most clustered forest ever. :grin:

SilentK said:
Rpground said:
vercingetorixx said:

Try playing with polished landscapes which adds hundreds of trees, basically you're blind, and if its night time, good luck finding your enemy, even if you use minimap, you'll probably notice a wep cutting your face, and thats it.

Oh and gotta love the singalian leaders, random headshots trough the darkest woods and the most clustered forest ever. :grin:

Yeah...anyone else notice that how bushes only effect YOU,and no one else? I mean,I use "Arena Overhaul" and the Fierd tournys at Valonbray are SO ANNOYING WHEN THEY CAN SNIPE THROUGH THE BUSH! Screw the KotD...I always kick em out of Pendor,Eventide all the way!

But yeah,wish they effected the enemies line of sight...thought I would imagine that would be hard to program in...and also be alot more demanding on resources.

i was wondering does relation with a village affect the recruiting of militia patrols? in some villages i was able to hire 2 to 3 patrols parties consecutively by accepting a quest, completing the quest, and accepting another quest. what other factors do u know of? i am trying to create hell for bandits.

mastervillois said:
i was wondering does relation with a village affect the recruiting of militia patrols? in some villages i was able to hire 2 to 3 patrols parties consecutively by accepting a quest, completing the quest, and accepting another quest. what other factors do u know of? i am trying to create hell for bandits.
There are no quests involved in creating a militia patrol. Just the availability of recruits in that village and the global cap on militia patrols.

MadVader said:
mastervillois said:
There are no quests involved in creating a militia patrol. Just the availability of recruits in that village and the global cap on militia patrols.

I suspect the point was that the option to recruit a(nother) patrol appears after certain triggers such as completing/accepting village questions. I often see that with recruiting villagers to my own party (e.g. recruit, hand in mission, recruit again) and put it down to the "pool" of available villagers increasing as my relations with them went up. Not sure how that logic applies to getting extra militia patrols, though.

On a related note, is there a maximum number of troops a militia can contain? I padded one out to 150+ troops and then lost the option to give them any more. Is that intentional?

You can only send out patrols when you can recruit peasants.
Everytime something happens to your relation with a village your option to recruit is recalculated (also if your relation decrases and you're still above 0).

=> everytime something alters your relation with a village you can recruit new militia patrols (up to the limit).
most efficient way to create lots of patrols: send out patrol, train steward, send out patrol, take quest, send out patrol, complete quest, send out patrol.

b34bb_H said:
You can only send out patrols when you can recruit peasants.

I've often wondered why the option seems to disappear so thanks for the useful info.

Does that apply if I have a full party and can't recruit because I have no room? If so that would seem a little counter-intuitive.

It depends on avaliable villagers, not on space in your party, so yes, you can send out patrols with a full party.

Cool. I'm starting to suspect my latest confusion re. lack of militia options is because my city quartermaster is out gathering troops and has likely drained the pool of recruits.

Every day's a school day on this forum :smile:

I want to start my own kingdom, building up my RTR before I do so at the moment. I have Boadice, Jocelyn and Lethaldiran on team, Boadice recently returned from spreading the word of my ambition (thought I have to wait until one returns before I send of another), sent Leth 5 days ago and Jocelyn about 2 or 3.

1. I noticed, that the option to send Boadice is gone. Can you send a companion only once in the entire game? Or will it be possible again after some time?

2. Can I recruit a companion from the tavern, send him right after recruiting on a quest to spread the word, and after he returns remove him from the party? Will nothing negative happen?

Kane the Flesheater said:
I want to start my own kingdom, building up my RTR before I do so at the moment. I have Boadice, Jocelyn and Lethaldiran on team, Boadice recently returned from spreading the word of my ambition (thought I have to wait until one returns before I send of another), sent Leth 5 days ago and Jocelyn about 2 or 3.

1. I noticed, that the option to send Boadice is gone. Can you send a companion only once in the entire game? Or will it be possible again after some time?

2. Can I recruit a companion from the tavern, send him right after recruiting on a quest to spread the word, and after he returns remove him from the party? Will nothing negative happen?

1:You can only send em on that kind of mission once,otherwise you could just get unlimited RtR.

2:I'm not 100% sure but for the most part yeah,you can send em out then say "bye" and never recruit em again but you keep the RtR. With no adverse side effects.

Kane the Flesheater said:

1. Companion RTR missions are one per companion - after that you get the option "do you have any contacts we can use?" where they go to various kingdoms and gather some intelligence.

2. I don't think a companion will go on a RTR mission for you until they have been your companion for some time (i.e. they know you well enough to support your claim). As for getting rid of them after, there isn't much point forcing them out. If your group isn't particularly stable some will leave of their own accord (but can always be found and re-recruited at no additional cost) and you can always turn them into lords in your own kingdom, with their own armies, if you don't feel you need them on the team.

But if you use an unstable combination of companions some may decide to leave after you sent people they don't like out to proclaim your claim to the throne, so be careful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom