[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool cool one more quick question: do lords upgrade their fiefs?

or better yet are there any differences between the following two options: a) I acquire a fief, spend a few months upgrading it to the max, then give it to my lord; or b) I acquire a fief and immediately give it to my lord, without all the upgrades.

Would option a) give my lord a better fief, give him more income, and more soldiers to field? Or is there no difference or maybe difference so minimal I shouldn't bother spending all those months maxing out my villages and fiefs?

I'm fairly certain that there is a chance for lords to build improvements in any fief they own.

Personally I wouldn't bother upgrading a fief unless you are keeping it for yourself. I guess it would likely mean more money for your vassal which is beneficial. However the cost of you upgrading it yourself is to high to justify the reward. From my understanding just the fact that they own another center should increase their max party size.

Depends how much you like to groom them and how fast your game is.

Lords randomly upgrade their fiefs. Rich lords generate larger armies as they afford more upkeep. How to link these to facts and draw the proper conclusions is up to you. Training the steward and building one or two of the really benefitting improvments for villages and especially those attached to towns you own but give away is well worth the investment.

If you play long games and care. If not, cease asking.

ok...a very old Question: R. Ranger or E. Armored xbowman ?
I'm currently a Mercenary Captain with few mounted troops, 40 Legionaires and 20 Mercenary Highlander

Silver_VN said:
I'm currently a Mercenary Captain with few mounted troops, 40 Legionaires and 20 Mercenary Highlander

This might be helpful. I had it open from another thread, so thanks goes to whoever made it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag5R9vD8esLKdEd2YnNfRUJrNjRqS25KZ0xYMEhVMlE#gid=0

Do I still need to be friends with Noldor to win the game?

If yes, can I maybe meddle with the occult and remove this victory condition some way?

If a second yes, can somebody who knows please point me to the right line in the code?

Thanks.

I've tried to read all of this thread, but at 6000+ posts I won't apologise for missing something and potentially asking something that's already answered! Here are a few things I could do with info on:

1) The Noldor recruit merchant in Elecrai - I heard he was a better bet for recruits than Quigfen because the latter needs a Q gem for every look at the shop. My understanding was that the Elecrai merchant didn't need a Q gem at all, but I'm being asked for one (though strangely not from the weapon merchant). Is this normal? If I hand him one Qualis to view recruits will that store always be open?
2) I've recently been granted the Marshallship from my king and lead some fairly successful campaigns. We win more territory than we lose, despite very few lords bothering to respond to the call to arms. Regardless, my controversy still shoots up. When the first campaign finished every lord refused my "advance standings in the realm" approaches because of it and on the second I'm being told I won't be supported for fief claims - even from lords with 70+ relations. I don't raid villages or do anything obviously "dishonourable", so does controversy just go up regardless as soon as you're a marshall?
3) Can I use the "take a walk and view your troops" option from the camp menu to set up pre-defined formations that automatically come into effect when I start a battle? It would be nice to have my troops adopt some basic defensive stance rather than mill around at the start of every fight, particularly when I run into auto-charging, cavalry-heavy forces. If not, is it worth putting forward in the suggestions thread? I suspect something like that is hardcoded and not something the mod could deal with. On that subject, can someone give me the basics of formation control? I can't download the manual from work and haven't seen anything in here that breaks it down for noobs.
4) Reloading on siege defence - I read that you can return to spawn to refill arrows. I assumed that you walked to the chest and got your slots filled (as the actress said to the bishop, fnar fnar) but it merely opens the inventory. Do I need to keep spare arrows in my inventory to swap out mid-fight?

That's it for now. I'm sure I'll think of more!

1) I think its the same as quigfen but the recruit merchant have more and better troops, and the weapons and armour merchant is free.

2) You gain controversy as a marshall everytime one of your factions lords get defeated and everytime your factions loses fiefs, or villages get raided.

3) I don't know much about that stuff, but I think its K for the infantry to make a shieldwall. (someone correct me if im wrong)

4) No Idea though I suppose just checking the chest gives you arrows (if you have some equipped already)

Bruxy said:
I've tried to read all of this thread, but at 6000+ posts I won't apologise for missing something and potentially asking something that's already answered! Here are a few things I could do with info on:

1) The Noldor recruit merchant in Elecrai - I heard he was a better bet for recruits than Quigfen because the latter needs a Q gem for every look at the shop. My understanding was that the Elecrai merchant didn't need a Q gem at all, but I'm being asked for one (though strangely not from the weapon merchant). Is this normal? If I hand him one Qualis to view recruits will that store always be open?
2) I've recently been granted the Marshallship from my king and lead some fairly successful campaigns. We win more territory than we lose, despite very few lords bothering to respond to the call to arms. Regardless, my controversy still shoots up. When the first campaign finished every lord refused my "advance standings in the realm" approaches because of it and on the second I'm being told I won't be supported for fief claims - even from lords with 70+ relations. I don't raid villages or do anything obviously "dishonourable", so does controversy just go up regardless as soon as you're a marshall?
3) Can I use the "take a walk and view your troops" option from the camp menu to set up pre-defined formations that automatically come into effect when I start a battle? It would be nice to have my troops adopt some basic defensive stance rather than mill around at the start of every fight, particularly when I run into auto-charging, cavalry-heavy forces. If not, is it worth putting forward in the suggestions thread? I suspect something like that is hardcoded and not something the mod could deal with. On that subject, can someone give me the basics of formation control? I can't download the manual from work and haven't seen anything in here that breaks it down for noobs.
4) Reloading on siege defence - I read that you can return to spawn to refill arrows. I assumed that you walked to the chest and got your slots filled (as the actress said to the bishop, fnar fnar) but it merely opens the inventory. Do I need to keep spare arrows in my inventory to swap out mid-fight?

That's it for now. I'm sure I'll think of more!

1 The merchant in laria is a thousand times better in terms of gear quality, and you only need 1 gem to open his shop, its a 1 time pay unlike the noldor troops which require 1 gem/ "lottery"

2 Controversy rises from ANY bad thing that happens to the realm, villages raided, ANY lord losing, no matter how stupid he was, and i think that caravans/villagers getting attacked also have an influence, basically its virtually impossible to keep 0 controversy as marshall.

3 I doubt, I hoped for it, but every battle is a different scene, so, afaik, walk to view soldiers only shows them being pretty and all :grin:

4 Again, I also hoped to get new arrows, but instead you simply get access to inventory, so you should stock a few arrows in your inventory once you know there will be heavy siege battles ahead in your campaign.

Thanks kris and K; just one point though:

SilentK said:
1 The merchant in laria is a thousand times better in terms of gear quality, and you only need 1 gem to open his shop, its a 1 time pay unlike the noldor troops which require 1 gem/ "lottery"

Yup, I get that but it wasn't the question I was asking. Solely for recruits (not items) - should the Elecrai recruit merchant require a gem at all? If so, does he require one per transaction (like Quigfen) or one to open the shop permanently?

Another question that just occurred to me: Does the order of troops in a town/castle garrison list count in the same way as a normal battle? Basically, should I have my best/most-desired troops at the top if I want them to appear first on the battlements?

I suspect someone's already requested a "move up/down" option for garrison management, much like I also suspect it's a native issue that a mod can't address.

Bruxy said:

SilentK said:

Yup, I get that but it wasn't the question I was asking. Solely for recruits (not items) - should the Elecrai recruit merchant require a gem at all? If so, does he require one per transaction (like Quigfen) or one to open the shop permanently?

Another question that just occurred to me: Does the order of troops in a town/castle garrison list count in the same way as a normal battle? Basically, should I have my best/most-desired troops at the top if I want them to appear first on the battlements?

I suspect someone's already requested a "move up/down" option for garrison management, much like I also suspect it's a native issue that a mod can't address.

I cant say for sure, I always open quigfens first before i get access to elacrai, but once i open his, i can open the shop in elacrai with no further cost, meaning that once you open one, you open both, but i'd still take my chances to open quig's first, just in case.

At least in my gameplay, the guy in elacrai asked for no gem at all, since i had opened with quig, but of course his gear is a ton worse.

For the TROOPS part, its 1 gem at a time, with any of them.

For the garrisson part, yes, i suspect it is like that, cant be 100% sure though, but I play at 400 setting so they all show up in the end.

Bruxy said:

SilentK said:

Ok here is an explanation of all the noldor merchants

Quigfen: 1 Qualis to permanently open his item shop which has the best items for sale in the game, 1 Qualis for 1 batch of a certain noldor troop type of your choice, will give slightly less troops than the guy in the castle for the same price

Item merchant in noldor castle: no qualis requirement to open his shop and is open as soon as you get access to the castle regardless of if you open Quigfens store or not, his items are usually crap with bad modifiers but you can get a few good items from him if you are patient and keep checking every few weeks

Recruiter in noldor castle: Same as Quigfen 1 Qualis for 1 batch of a certain noldor troop type of your choice

You should always get you noldor troops from the guy in the castle as he give slightly more than Quigfen i.e. Quigfenwill always give you an inferior number of troops for the same price for example three twilight knights or 9 maiden rangers compared to the guy in the castles 4 knights or 10 maiden rangers

Bruxy said:
SilentK said:
For the TROOPS part, its 1 gem at a time, with any of them.

Well that's a massive embuggerance. I must have misread other posts on the subject :sad:

Unless they've changed something recently?

Always been like this, 1 gem per "handful" of troops, they are super strong so yea...

But until extremely late game where u can basically farm enemy spawns, your stuff is better spend on getting better gear, knighthood orders and ruby weapons

HandicapdHippo said:
You should always get you noldor troops from the guy in the castle as he give slightly more than Quigfen i.e. Quigfenwill always give you an inferior number of troops for the same price for example three twilight knights or 9 maiden rangers compared to the guy in the castles 4 knights or 10 maiden rangers

Ah, that's probably the bit I was misreading - thanks for the clarification!

Another question (told you I'd think of more!):

I've had one rumour about the Red Brotherhood hideout and cleared it. When I got there I didn't know what to expect, but I certainly didn't expect it to be a stock "bandit hideout clearance" mission and thus I completely missed looking for the chest before my companions killed the last of the enemy. Was that my one shot at the Qualis gem, or will it still be there if/when I get a second rumour? And where is the chest in the first place? Or is it a different hideout layout each time?

OK i know this has been answered, but just to be sure. I have situation here Syla Uzas (100%) and Aeldarian (12%). Can i even capture Aeldarian with 12%, really wanna get rid of noldor before going for empire units. I think (not sure), limit to capture is 15% right?

kidersx said:
Silver_VN said:

This might be helpful. I had it open from another thread, so thanks goes to whoever made it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag5R9vD8esLKdEd2YnNfRUJrNjRqS25KZ0xYMEhVMlE#gid=0

thanks :d I'm surprised that Silvermist rangers have lower dmg out-put than R. Rangers. Any one can tell me pros and cons of E. Armored crossbowman and R. Ranger ?

Bruxy said:
HandicapdHippo said:

Ah, that's probably the bit I was misreading - thanks for the clarification!

Another question (told you I'd think of more!):

I've had one rumour about the Red Brotherhood hideout and cleared it. When I got there I didn't know what to expect, but I certainly didn't expect it to be a stock "bandit hideout clearance" mission and thus I completely missed looking for the chest before my companions killed the last of the enemy. Was that my one shot at the Qualis gem, or will it still be there if/when I get a second rumour? And where is the chest in the first place? Or is it a different hideout layout each time?

Well, I can't say for sure that the gem will be there but it the chest from that lair works like the ones in Rane and Valonbray it probably will. The scene is the same I think, the chest is near the cave where some enemies spawn. Be warned that the number of enemies increase with your level, so it cab be pretty hard if you let it for much later. And have in mind that you don't actually need to win, if you get to the chest you can take what is inside and keep it even if the enemy got you after

Technoboy said:
OK i know this has been answered, but just to be sure. I have situation here Syla Uzas (100%) and Aeldarian (12%). Can i even capture Aeldarian with 12%, really wanna get rid of noldor before going for empire units. I think (not sure), limit to capture is 15% right?

Indeed, you will have to wait a bit for him to recover.

Silver_VN said:
thanks :d I'm surprised that Silvermist rangers have lower dmg out-put than R. Rangers. Any one can tell me pros and cons of E. Armored crossbowman and R. Ranger ?

EC: They can crush shields easier, they run out of ammo slower, they have good survivality in melee. They can still be effective as range units in lower tiers, a regular crossbow or levy hunter can still damage an armored foe, don't count lower tier archer to do that.
RR: They shoot faster, they are trained faster, they have less survuvalty but can do some good damage with their 2H swords in melee.

Want some advice? Just get both and have then in different groups. You can do glorious things with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom