[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twogs fi Dhorl said:
Do the Knight Order quests get replenished? And if so, how often?

Yes and often enough that playing the game normally, i.e. doing loys of stuff, it will likely be available again the next time you think to check. A few days?

yooo i defeated snake cult army a few times... I'm wondering.. how can i get to the mission where i can attack their stronghold? i was told that its a GM quest? what is GM? thanks

zanekyle said:
yooo i defeated snake cult army a few times... I'm wondering.. how can i get to the mission where i can attack their stronghold? i was told that its a GM quest? what is GM? thanks

GM=Grandmaster, the las rank in a knighthood order. Join and order and do quests for then, you will eventually get to the assault quest after gaining enough rank

GM=Grandmaster, the las rank in a knighthood order. Join and order and do quests for then, you will eventually get to the assault quest after gaining enough rank
[/quote]

Well.. I'm honorary grandmaster of my knighthood order because i founded it :razz: so far they only have given me the tournament quest and the "lead an army of knights to fame in pendor" or something like that... then whenever i ask for another missiion it auto dialogues with me saying that I have more pressing matters.

So... should I wait a few days or weeks? Or is it because my Order is based in Laria...

Is there a way to see how much longer I have on my merc contract? I picked up a contract with Ravenstern and they immediately ended their war and haven't fought anybody since and I'd like to know how much longer I have to run around trying to find lords to do stupid tasks for to build relations with.

@zanekyle
I believe you need 300 rank points with the knight hood order you joined to receive the grandmaster quest so honorary grandmaster won't cut it. You'll know when the grandmaster quest has begun.  :smile:
The normal order quests seem to renew every few weeks. I've never actually timed it but I've take all four at once and did the 'trouble with rivals' quest immediately. by the time I had finished the 'more challenging task' it was available again. So I guess that would be about two weeks to renew it since you only have 20 days to get the required renown.

gfletch said:
Is there a way to see how much longer I have on my merc contract? I picked up a contract with Ravenstern and they immediately ended their war and haven't fought anybody since and I'd like to know how much longer I have to run around trying to find lords to do stupid tasks for to build relations with.

Just chill out and fight highwaymen, brigands or other useless enemies to keep gaining renown. Also, if other factions are at war with eachother... go and rescue prisoners. It will not give you negative relations with the faction and you get honor and good relations with the lord at the SAME time.

zanekyle said:
gfletch said:

Just chill out and fight highwaymen, brigands or other useless enemies to keep gaining renown. Also, if other factions are at war with eachother... go and rescue prisoners. It will not give you negative relations with the faction and you get honor and good relations with the lord at the SAME time.

I'm sorry could you be a bit more specific? When you say rescuing prisoners I assume you mean rescue captured lords that are being held captive by other kingdoms. If that is the case wouldn't I be destroying relations with the kingdom from whom I am take said prisoners?

Nope, you won't. It's fun how you can just go in their castle/town, free a important enemy prisoner, kill a dozen or so guards and nobody cares  :lol:

@Zanekil, in 3.6 you can do it with your custom order the same way as with others but it was bug so its fixed in 3.61.

gfletch said:
zanekyle said:
gfletch said:

I'm sorry could you be a bit more specific? When you say rescuing prisoners I assume you mean rescue captured lords that are being held captive by other kingdoms. If that is the case wouldn't I be destroying relations with the kingdom from whom I am take said prisoners?

yes i mean lord recruits... and NO you wont get bad relations with the kingdom your rescuing from. they dont kno that your freeing them... like Aleatorio sed... its cool how you can free lords, kill dozens of guards and noone cares or notices.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but how can I find what weapons hero adventurers will spawn with, and possibly modify it? They appear to always spawn with bow, arrow and shield, which of course leaves only one slot open for melee weapons. The problem is the ones that spawn with a lance are shall we say, sub-optimal on siege attack.

Can you imagine if they always spawned with a morningstar or good sword - yikes!

You´d have to get an editor like Morgs and tweak their equipment in the troops.txt so their weaponry fits your taste.
Don´t mix crossbows and bows on a troop. The AI assigns equipment randomly and just because the trooper picked up a bow does not mean he´s smart enough to chose arrows over bolts.

@gfletch:
The mercenary contract wears out after a month - then can either sign up for another month or leave and do something else.

I have a question about save game corruptions due to overheating or resetting computer.

Occurrence 1: Computer shut down due to overheating and then when I open it my realistic savegame opened where my party name was D'Shar Turkmani Raiders, no money, no clothes of character, back to lvl1 or any companion and pretty much everything went crazy. I have reinstalled the module (even new games were problematic after that).

Occurrence 2: Computer reset, but when I re-opened the game, only my character seemed on characters list and everyone was either wife, father and husband of the character <.<.

I did not met any such things at Brytenwalda or any other mod yet. What would be the solution other then stopping to play realistic saves? (But then I fear I'll meet same issue at unrealistic saves too.)

Unrelated: Is it possible to take someone elses wife/lady away somehow since you can claim to face of a lord at first meeting?

I believe that you can hold a feast via your steward once you have a castle or town. Otherwise... Yes.
I just can't find that option in either my castle or town steward dialogue :sad:  The only feast I can hold is to improve the morale of my party.

Just got this message:
You have the oddest feeling that something ghostly is behind you and keep looking over your shoulder. All you see is the men who follow you. A chill hand brushes your cheek. Your inventory management skill has been increased by 1.
What is this? O_O

A random encounter. These things happens. There are a few of them involved. The one you just had gave you +1 to your your inventory skill. Permanently.

serj said:
Can you only hold feasts if you are married?

Yes you must be married to hold a feast :grin: I don't know if other people do this but the first thing I do when I start a new game.... is gain high relations with one of the major vassals that have lots of family. (Alot better if you marry into a large family). Then once you have gained.. I'd say roughly 500 - 800 renown and you have a fief (preferrably castle) ask him to see his daughter. He'll most likely say yes. Then make sure you have a few poems up your sleeve to whip out if the girl actually likes you.

3 to 4 visits should put your relations to 20 with her and then IMMEDIATLY pick the option "Do you think we have a future together" and she will agree to marry you. Then you go from there and talk to her father and ask him for help with marrying his daughter and you must have at least 25000 denars lyin in your pockets because they ask for a dowry and it can be pretty expensive. After that... just wait  a while until you get the wedding invite and BINGO!

You have a feast preparing wife ready to make you some kick ass sandwiches on command :wink:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom