[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's that possible? I read somewhere that the player has to initiate combat in order to get the opportunity to capture unique spawns. So how did you manage to suck your lords in?

Edit: Sorry, I misread the question. I'm not sure, that usually seems to be the case, but this has happened a few times for me.

Kind of a funky thing that happened in my game.  So, I was kiting Aelderian, the Noldor Lord around.  He attacked Eyegrim the devourer.  I helped him out.  Nearly ALL of Eyegrim's guys were naked, except for a few Revenants (hate them guys)  Any clue as to what the heck caused that?

It was funny and all to watch a bunch of fleshless naked guys get insta-arrowed in the face, but now I'm curious.  XD

Hi all. I'm just having some problems installing the mod. I extracting the folder into the modules folder, and then extracted the compressed stability files into the main folder. When I try and play it, I get an error message unable to open file CommonRes\costumes-a.brf      Any suggestions? Thanks

OK, I just tool the last of the empires towns.  They ahve nothing left, but I did not get any message that they are defeated.  They still ahve some lords running around the map.  Do I have to defeat them all before they are "eliminated"?

What are the requirements to defeat a major faction?

I relaesed all the empire lords that I had captive.  I want to officially end them so I can get some of thier lords. 

conanthelibrarian said:
OK, I just tool the last of the empires towns.  They ahve nothing left, but I did not get any message that they are defeated.  They still ahve some lords running around the map.  Do I have to defeat them all before they are "eliminated"?

I relaesed all the empire lords that I had captive.  I want to officially end them so I can get some of thier lords.

For some reason, they run around for another month or so.  I have no clue why, but it always happens to me, even if they are all captured or defeated.

d010060002 said:
Hi all. I'm just having some problems installing the mod. I extracting the folder into the modules folder, and then extracted the compressed stability files into the main folder. When I try and play it, I get an error message unable to open file CommonRes\costumes-a.brf      Any suggestions? Thanks

Wow. I feel sheepish. Turns out I downloaded 3.011, which, if I'm not mistaken, is for the original mount and blade.

First playthrough. I'm at 1250 renown, 84 honor, 45 right to rule. Never been a vassal, Merced for the Empire while they took over all of Sarleon. Now they won't accept me as a vassal, I'm guessing because of my high RtR. So I let the contract expire and I want to start my own kingdom.

I decide to pick the Laria area to start, go to Valorshield Castle to attack.. and I get no seige option. It's controlled by the Empire.

So what do I do? Am I missing something?

superhiro said:
First playthrough. I'm at 1250 renown, 84 honor, 45 right to rule. Never been a vassal, Merced for the Empire while they took over all of Sarleon. Now they won't accept me as a vassal, I'm guessing because of my high RtR. So I let the contract expire and I want to start my own kingdom.

I decide to pick the Laria area to start, go to Valorshield Castle to attack.. and I get no seige option. It's controlled by the Empire.

So what do I do? Am I missing something?

With the empire that strong, I think you should weaken them.  More land = Bigger armies.  I'd work for another faction to weaken the empire, just because if you don't, when you attack Laria or wherever around there, you'll have an army a few thousand strong saying hi in a few days.  It'll be ugly.

CrymsonChaos said:
conanthelibrarian said:

For some reason, they run around for another month or so.  I have no clue why, but it always happens to me, even if they are all captured or defeated.

The 'timer' is just so if any lords are running around, they actually have a chance to get back into the game by capturing something. It's a grace period, basically.

krisslanza said:
CrymsonChaos said:
conanthelibrarian said:

The 'timer' is just so if any lords are running around, they actually have a chance to get back into the game by capturing something. It's a grace period, basically.

I figured as much, but I think it is too long.  Especially when EVERY lord is either beaten or captured.

krisslanza said:
CrymsonChaos said:
conanthelibrarian said:

why bother with a grace period?  at that point they're too weak to take even a recently captured castle.  and with no villages to recruit from they're doomed anyway.  i say, change it to normal to where once all fiefs are gone and all lords defeated the faction is gone.

So I just captured Kadan Bahadur Khan when the D'shar only had Torbah and one or two castles left. I talked to him and he offered me his bow (I've been trying to loot it for quite some time) for his freedom, so I took it. I was wondering if you could get other faction leaders' weapons like this. I want Marius Imperator's and King Gregory's swords in particular.

yes you can, if you manage to capture a faction leader which have only 6 or less fiefs (villages not included), you can obtain their weapons

Could someone perhaps give a brief overview of each nation in PoP?

Like in vanilla u had the swadians who had pro cav and decent archers but fairly bad inf and were loosely based off england/france

Sickerthansars said:
Could someone perhaps give a brief overview of each nation in PoP?

Like in vanilla u had the swadians who had pro cav and decent archers but fairly bad inf and were loosely based off england/france

I'm not sure if this is 100% but

Ravenstern is Vaegirs, Empire is Rhodoks, Sarleon is Swadia, Fierdsvain is Nords, D'shar is Khergits

I just ended a relatively short war with the Fierdsvain. Even though I didn't lose any territory and I gained Sarleon, the war was pretty tough. I tried about 4 times to siege Sarleon, and I failed every time. My vassals and I had a combined force of about 1500-2000 soldiers. At first I started just by blindly charging up the ladders and cutting them down, but they had a ton of Vanskerry Jarls and Fierdsvan Huscarls. So I tried telling my archers to hold up near the bottom of the ladder, but the infantry fighting at the top eventually died and the enemy rushed down the ladder and slaughtered the archers. That was the first time I've seen that happen, I was pretty surprised. Next I tried positioning all of my forces at the base of the ladder, trying to lure them down into the infantry/cavalry while the archers shot at them. But they just stayed at the top of the ladder and held up their shields. It took my archers forever to break their shields and it was taking too long and I eventually got a throwing ax to the face and died. After I died, of course, the formations broke and everybody charged and I went afk while the battle resumed and when I came back we lost. I had to use auto calc to win. Does anybody have any tips for fighting the Fierdsvain? Also, during the war, a lot of my vassals developed negative relations with me. I granted them fiefs to get them to like me more, and now only 2 or 3 of them hate me now. Are there any other ways to improve relations with my vassals?

1) does anybody else think that after getting knocked out you should hav at least 50/50 change of escaping instead of always being captuered?

2) what happened to the order of the unicorn? I once read about it somewhere but do not remember

3) i am thinking about getting silbermist rangers but i have read so far over 300 pages (i use a fone lol) and it seems to be outshaowded but all the other orders... Or am i wrong since they do look bada**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom