[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
agatharchides said:
ms_ts_2007 said:
Garrisoning a castle with lots of low lvl troops prevents the AI from sieging it that often.

If you plan to be present during the siege, just get some high lvl troops and go crazy with your ruby bow.

If you plan to let the the siege be a autocalc battle, hmmm, good luck with that.
So if I am understanding correctly, lots of low level troops are good for scaring off the AI but an all elite force is better for actual combat?

Yes. Well, at least in my experience.

Doing some character thinking and planning and a few things come to mind... sorta spoilers.

There's only 2 free leadership points, right? 1 from going sovereign, and 1 from a book, correct?
For Qualis gems I recall there's 1 in Rane's chest and 1 in Red Brotherhood hideouts, then 1 per "hero" and then the tournament in the Noldor city right? Is the tournament a "infinite" source, or can you only win 1? And if you can only win 1, how many gems are there total in the game then? Came up when talking to a friend about hiring Noldor when there's only so many Qualis Gems in the game.

I'm just trying to think out a build in my head and trying to get some more concrete numbers down. I've been toying with getting 10 leadership on my character, but I fear that'll gimp me too much in the actual combat department since I like to actually fight :razz:

How do I "rebel" Haven't done this before, Do I choose to be released from my oath to my king  and then start taking castles and lords?

I've always followed my kings never tried to "rebel" now I got 30RtR 1286 Renown and 30 honor and I am thinking to do something new like build my own kingdom. Is this enough?

I am fighting for sarleon and has now only 2 cities and 7 castles  (I have good relations with lords 15+ with all of em and a few 25+ and with 2-3 dukes 40+)

Edit: I have 100k Gold just to be sure if I do this (well I won't till I get some answers. I have all my stuff(armors , boots , gloves , horses , books, weapons) at Kelredan castle (my wife is there) If I "rebel" Will I lose them till I claim the castle for myself?

Rical said:
How do I "rebel" Haven't done this before, Do I choose to be released from my oath to my king  and then start taking castles and lords?

I've always followed my kings never tried to "rebel" now I got 30RtR 1286 Renown and 30 honor and I am thinking to do something new like build my own kingdom. Is this enough?

I am fighting for sarleon and has now only 2 cities and 7 castles  (I have good relations with lords 15+ with all of em and a few 25+ and with 2-3 dukes 40+)

Edit: I have 100k Gold just to be sure if I do this (well I won't till I get some answers. I have all my stuff(armors , boots , gloves , horses , books, weapons) at Kelredan castle (my wife is there) If I "rebel" Will I lose them till I claim the castle for myself?

To rebel ask to be given a conquered fief, and if you don't get it you can say you feel you've been betrayed by your liege and will rebel keeping all your fiefs. If you ask to leave you have to give them all up.

krisslanza said:
Rical said:

To rebel ask to be given a conquered fief, and if you don't get it you can say you feel you've been betrayed by your liege and will rebel keeping all your fiefs. If you ask to leave you have to give them all up.

The thing is we Don't siege anything  :evil:

EDIT: If I am the marshal how can I  start a war?

Rical said:
krisslanza said:
Rical said:

I believe your kingdom you're aligned with must be currently at war with the x faction. You as a marshal are not supposed to declare war, but lead the armies during it. War is sole dependent on the other kingdoms and the actions vassals and the Kings take.

If you want, just go start attacking caravans.
It'll annoy the heck out of your king and he MIGHT throw you out, but you'll get a war  :mrgreen:

MitchyMatt said:
Rical said:
krisslanza said:
Rical said:

I believe your kingdom you're aligned with must be currently at war with the x faction. You as a marshal are not supposed to declare war, but lead the armies during it. War is sole dependent on the other kingdoms and the actions vassals and the Kings take.

Ulric  has appointed me as a marshal of the kingdom but we are not at war with anyone :/

mb339.jpg

MitchyMatt said:
Then go attack a faction by yourself and start a war. Your King won't be to happy. But you will get to lead your glorious peers into battle!

I attacked ravenstern (Deliver your deminds option when met a lord then pressed leave)then When I went to ulric he said something like  you attacked one of our travellers somethin like that (argh should have took a pic) You gave them a reason to attack me .. and if they will then we will see were this ends my friend ! Can't remember it sorry (I have 55 relation with ulric)

Rical said:
MitchyMatt said:
Then go attack a faction by yourself and start a war. Your King won't be to happy. But you will get to lead your glorious peers into battle!

I attacked ravenstern (Deliver your deminds option when met a lord then pressed leave)then When I went to ulric he said something like  you attacked one of our travellers somethin like that (argh should have took a pic) You gave them a reason to attack me .. and if they will then we will see were this ends my friend ! Can't remember it sorry (I have 55 relation with ulric)

Basically you increased your chances of Ravenstern to declare war on your alligned kingdom.

MitchyMatt said:
Rical said:
MitchyMatt said:

Basically you increased your chances of Ravenstern to declare war on your alligned kingdom.

Yes we declare war to The empire  :twisted:

How do I improve my relaitons with the Noldor?

I had Ansen leave my party due to having frederick and Boadice, but I got rid of them so I could pick him up.  But I can't find him anywhere.  When I find someone to ask about companions, frederick comes up, but not Ansen.  Why is that?  Will he eventually return and show up?

Thanks for al the help.  This thread has helped me tremendously so far.

will companions have small quests that if you complete you either get satisfaction of a good story or you get some sort of weapon? like say someones dream to own a certain castle and you give it to them they award you some armor or money or if someone has a quest to find someone like Sinclair did and you find them you get something?

thought it would be cool to have a thread where you can ask questions about 4.0 if its OK with you Epic developers.

conanthelibrarian said:
How do I improve my relaitons with the Noldor?

I had Ansen leave my party due to having frederick and Boadice, but I got rid of them so I could pick him up.  But I can't find him anywhere.  When I find someone to ask about companions, frederick comes up, but not Ansen.  Why is that?  Will he eventually return and show up?

Thanks for al the help.  This thread has helped me tremendously so far.

Lead some Jatu into Noldor armies and help them out. Then around 15 relations(i think) go to Laria and talk to Quigfen inside the tavern and he will give you a quest to destroy a Jatu army of around 200 men. Kill those and then you will be able to go to the Noldor castle :grin: buy their troops, attend their tournaments and buy some Noldor gear. Quigfen also sells Noldor troops and gear for Qualis gems.

2 questions: Do you receive still town specific troops (Marleons Heavy Cavalry, Empire Guardian Knights) if you own that town or give it to a vassal?

Some of my D'Shar Scorpion Assassins have mounts; I thought they were supposed to be infantry. If I remove the horses in Morgh's editor, will the changes take place in my current savegame?

Sefarison said:
2 questions: Do you receive still town specific troops (Marleons Heavy Cavalry, Empire Guardian Knights) if you own that town or give it to a vassal?

Some of my D'Shar Scorpion Assassins have mounts; I thought they were supposed to be infantry. If I remove the horses in Morgh's editor, will the changes take place in my current savegame?

If I remember right, no. They're enemy NPC Lord troops only as far as I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom