[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pravenstern said:
He did? Seriously, have you been messing with the occult?

Conquer castles and win battles if you are the marshall.

I haven't touched a thing, I don't mess with coding and such.

Tubby McChubbles said:
ChubbyPitbull said:
Are there any cheap easy to get pikemen? Or are my only choices 4th and 5th tier Empire Pikemen, or the 7th tier Sarleon Halberdiers?

D'shar have spearmen, and their warriors are alright.

But they need to be in large numbers to be effective.  And they WILL die if you use a stupid strategy.  Spearmen or not, they do not do well against a cavalry onslaught, and I'd recommend supporting them with Rangers just for the stream of arrows, because the spearmen will stop their movement, and then the cavalry will attempt to hit the spearmen.

So when they move their shields, BAM, arrowstorm!

Brew said:
AdamC6 said:
I'm a Ravenstern Lord, married, I have one castle and one village. 
757 renown, 37 honor.  about day 200.
I started as a non-noble.

How else can I raise Party Size limit (leadership and renown I know.....but what else?)  In Native, owning a castle boosts it. 
I was marshal for about one week and that didn't give me a boost either.....

I have no chamberlain or other ministers, other than a seneschal.  I can't do too much right now.  Do I need a major town to get the better ministers?

Thanks.

There is no bonus to army size from owning towns or castles(native or PoP)
Renown is the key to army size in this mod, imo your renown is very low at day 200 I would be 2000-4000.
Take part and win as many tournments as possible, when a feast is been held in a city, tournments can take place many times over 2-3 days so hang around and take part.
Leave your army in your castle and go out with your companions looking for uneven fights, snake cult/death cult /jatu etc
You don't need a minister till you set up your own kingdom and the wife is the best for that role

Continuing what Brew said, winning fights that are very against you help.  In a battle with 120 Ravenstern troops vs. 700 Sarleon troops, I lost roughly 40 of my troops, but gained 180-ish renown.  And you get tons of experience, so what's not to love?

Just joining fights that you are likely to win, like 400 vs. 300 including you will get you double digit renown.  In POP the quality of the troops really matter a lot in battles.  Look if the enemy has special troops and lots of cav.  If they don't, you can win with fewer troops than they have assuming you field high tier cav. or archers.

I don't know why you'd want spearmen.  Even in real life were not capable of stopping cav. as cav. would just charge from the side or behind.  Pikemen are good against infantry and in sieges.  The best counter to cav. is cav. 

azxcvbnm321 said:
Just joining fights that you are likely to win, like 400 vs. 300 including you will get you double digit renown.  In POP the quality of the troops really matter a lot in battles.  Look if the enemy has special troops and lots of cav.  If they don't, you can win with fewer troops than they have assuming you field high tier cav. or archers.

I don't know why you'd want spearmen.  Even in real life were not capable of stopping cav. as cav. would just charge from the side or behind.  Pikemen are good against infantry and in sieges.  The best counter to cav. is cav.

By effective, I meant marginally.

Agreed.  My 15 H.A.s kill more knights of the lion than should be legal.  I believe it was... 60 Knights of the lion, and 30 Sarleon knights in the charge.  Every one died.  XD

I just a former vassal of Ravenstern

Now, I have Kingdom Of Pendor stood in Laria, I just build Knight Of Griffon. My queston is:

1. How to make peace with other kingdom? I just sent Sir Roland in my party, but about 2 days I dont have a message.
2. What is the benefit for the king to join Knighthood order? Because I am the King of Pendor now.
3. What is Knighthood order duty?
4. Where's Noldor always spawn? I ever counter them in Whitestag and help them, but I never saw them again.
5. I just defeat Wolfbode the Slayer and got Qualis Gem for his ransom, is he can spawn again?

Many thanks

HybridSoldier said:

Now, I have Kingdom Of Pendor stood in Laria, I just build Knight Of Griffon. My queston is:

1. How to make peace with other kingdom? I just sent Sir Roland in my party, but about 2 days I dont have a message.
2. What is the benefit for the king to join Knighthood order? Because I am the King of Pendor now.
4. Where's Noldor always spawn? I ever counter them in Whitestag and help them, but I never saw them again.
5. I just defeat Wolfbode the Slayer and got Qualis Gem for his ransom, is he can spawn again?

Many thanks

1. You cant make peace :twisted: ,hit them hard and they give offer of peace or do quest from town mayor for making peace.
2.induct troop for making order knight.
3.I dont know :oops:
4.near big lake in woods behind laria.
5.yes,he can respawn again untill you okill him or take word that he never come to pendor.

sorry if my english is bad. :wink:

You can check your companion missions somewhere, but it takes about 3 days for him to return. If the Kingdom refuses, you will have to first wear them down a bit and start winning the war (Make sure you also have enough Right to Rule)

You get their Armour and a boost in Relations, that's all. Not much use, to be honest.

Sarvajit said:
HybridSoldier said:

Many thanks

1. You cant make peace :twisted: ,hit them hard and they give offer of peace or do quest from town mayor for making peace.
2.induct troop for making order knight.
3.I dont know :oops:
4.near big lake in woods behind laria.
5.yes,he can respawn again untill you okill him or take word that he never come to pendor.

sorry if my english is bad. :wink:

Actually, you can make peace.  But, only after you brutally smash them up.  I had to defeat nearly all the Sarleon lords, capture like 6 of them, and take over another castle until he made peace.  Then send the request.  But, by then they probably would have sent you a peace request.  XD

I have one question for those who meddle with the occult...

I plan on using Moghs Editor to modify my companions. I want to make the low lvl ones to be all lvl 1, and to rearange the skils on the high lvl ones like Lethardian and the Sirs.

So, lets begin with rearanging the skills for the high lvl ones. If I take like 4 points from a useless skill, like Inv Management, and i put those poins on a usefull skill, like training, do I have to modify the level of the companion or just the related skill. Lets say Lethardian has 12 int. If I want him to have 8 trainer, I have to bump his int to 16, and his lvl up by 2 lvls ? Or is it enough to bump just his Int to the proper lvl ?

I guess the same applies for the low lvl ones.... If I make Leslie lvl 1, can she keep her stats and skills ? Or do I have to cut some of them acording to those of a lvl 1 character ?

Any other info from those who did this would be usefull, I just want to avoid errors.

If you're using an editor, none of it has to match up.

So, for example, if you changed a char with 15 Int and 5 Trainer to 8 Trainer, neither the Int stat or the level stat would need to be changed.

EDIT: You wouldn't be able to upgrade that stat in-game until they'd reached, in this case, 27 Int, though.

ms_ts_2007 said:
I have one question for those who meddle with the occult...

I plan on using Moghs Editor to modify my companions. I want to make the low lvl ones to be all lvl 1, and to rearange the skils on the high lvl ones like Lethardian and the Sirs.

So, lets begin with rearanging the skills for the high lvl ones. If I take like 4 points from a useless skill, like Inv Management, and i put those poins on a usefull skill, like training, do I have to modify the level of the companion or just the related skill. Lets say Lethardian has 12 int. If I want him to have 8 trainer, I have to bump his int to 16, and his lvl up by 2 lvls ? Or is it enough to bump just his Int to the proper lvl ?

I guess the same applies for the low lvl ones.... If I make Leslie lvl 1, can she keep her stats and skills ? Or do I have to cut some of them acording to those of a lvl 1 character ?

Any other info from those who did this would be usefull, I just want to avoid errors.

Like the guy above me said, you can change their stats the way you want. I myself did it too, but I didn't add more skill or attribute points than they allready had. When I lowered for example Riva from lvl 5 to lvl 1, I took away 4 attribute points and 4 skill points. You will however notice that some companions have really bad stats for their level. Leslie has the most skillpoints compared to her level, while if you lower Riva, you will see she has less skill and attribute points then Leslie on the same level. If you want to, you can modify her after Leslie, but I wouldn't give her more, because Leslie allready is one of the best characters in POP.

RJA

"Maybe now I will take your possessions, life, and land."

I remember, in the start of the game I had this option. I just resigned my oath to see what this actually does, but it's not there anymore. Can someone tell me what requirements I need for it to be possible again?

NS said:
"Maybe now I will take your possessions, life, and land."

I remember, in the start of the game I had this option. I just resigned my oath to see what this actually does, but it's not there anymore. Can someone tell me what requirements I need for it to be possible again?

You need to be low in renown, and have a lord call you cattle thief.  You need to have a banner too.

Thanks for answering my preveous quesion, now I got other questoin :grin:

1. Which companion that has Noble blood?
2. I mistakely make Ediz lord of Whitestag, that make all vassal in Pendor become angry. How to remove Ediz for being a lord of Whitestag?
3. When I give a vassal some fief, my relationship with other vassal always deteoritated. What should I do?
4. Where's I can find Nether Charger or Vata Black Stallion, or King Gregory Stallion that have big leg?
5. Answer all my question!

Thanks

So, I have a vassal that hates me (around -15) because I didn't have a fief to give him until recently.  I granted him a fief in hopes that relations would improve, but they haven't.  And, I just can't seem to improve relations with him.  He just mocks me after battles.  Any suggestions?

Secondary Question:
Also, I have a vassal who hates me because I've had him around forever and haven't granted him a fief.  Mostly because this was my first time forming a kingdom and didn't realize this would happen.  Relations are in the -50 range.  Can I even hope to salvage this relationship?

dafiden said:
So, I have a vassal that hates me (around -15) because I didn't have a fief to give him until recently.  I granted him a fief in hopes that relations would improve, but they haven't.  And, I just can't seem to improve relations with him.  He just mocks me after battles.  Any suggestions?

Secondary Question:
Also, I have a vassal who hates me because I've had him around forever and haven't granted him a fief.  Mostly because this was my first time forming a kingdom and didn't realize this would happen.  Relations are in the -50 range.  Can I even hope to salvage this relationship?

Well, if he acts rebellious, you can indict him for treason.  I always try to keep the honorable lords on my side, because they gain relations with you even if you've never met them, just from you being honorable. 

For the secondary one, no.  He'll hate you no matter what, it's almost impossible to salvage that type of relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom