[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
l2RDO said:
Im having a problem capturing one of the named spawns, Syla Uzas. His army was attacked by NPCs because he was down to about 250 troops when I saw him wandering the map. I had my vassals engage him and withdrew when he had about 40 troops remaining. He currently has 40% health, and when I attack him he appears in the fight, but afterwards it goes straight to the capture/recruit screen, and I get no messages afterwards saying he escaped. Ive tried several times with no luck.

try again ... a higher Prisonier Management rises the chances to capture them ... and also ... the unique spawns are harder to be captured than normal lords ...

and if I'm not mistaken ... you must be the one attacking them if you wanna capture him ....

I have some question

I know i already ask something like this but somthing very weird just happened.
I siege a castle with a garrison of 203. I have 193 troop with 56 archers and ,well , I got sally.... is it even possible?
(I dont mind beat them down but it's going to be bloody)

I've been playing Pendor for a while now, long enough to use each of the Knighthood Orders a fair bit. Why are Empire Knighthood Orders a "step-up", so to speak, of the others, bar a few (Order of the Ebony Gauntlet vs Immortals who are about equal).

@Shadow-Seeker: I think 56 pendor armored archer and almost 90 of empire legionaires out of 200 is quite high quality :???: and number of troop is almost equal... So what did I miss? (I forgot to mention. I siege this castle before and mowed them down from 400 troops with no problem and they suddenly sally when I come back again after buy some food for my army :?:)

Well troops from Amala are known to be superior to Pendorian ones.

I mean while the Empire was still one, their invasion force was completely devastating all of Pendor, and would have succeeded in its conquest if not for the snake cult. The knights of the old empire were also vastly more experianced, probably participating in numerous invasions beforehand. The knights would of then passed down all their skills to the next generation, and so on, thus leading to the superiority of the Empire knights to others. The Empire knights may not be the greatest armored cav, but they are great at anti-cavalry, displaying their superiority to let's say... Lion knights or Valkyries.

The shadow legion are the old remnants of the Baccus Empire, and because of that are superior to most pendorian troops
(remember that Pendor is a backwards feudal society of Petty kingdoms while the Baccus empire is a unified continent who are a vastly advanced civilization.)

The Immortals are the most elite of the empire knights, so therefore almost gods on the battlefield, their only weakness their lack of shields and mounts.

Light and Dark said:
@Shadow-Seeker: I think 56 pendor armored archer and almost 90 of empire legionaires out of 200 is quite high quality :???: and number of troop is almost equal... So what did I miss? (I forgot to mention. I siege this castle before and mowed them down from 400 troops with no problem and they suddenly sally when I come back again after buy some food for my army :?:)

It also depends on THEIR troops as well.

Shadow-Seeker said:
Well troops from Amala are known to be superior to Pendorian ones.

I mean while the Empire was still one, their invasion force was completely devastating all of Pendor, and would have succeeded in its conquest if not for the snake cult. The knights of the old empire were also vastly more experianced, probably participating in numerous invasions beforehand. The knights would of then passed down all their skills to the next generation, and so on, thus leading to the superiority of the Empire knights to others. The Empire knights may not be the greatest armored cav, but they are great at anti-cavalry, displaying their superiority to let's say... Lion knights or Valkyries.

The shadow legion are the old remnants of the Baccus Empire, and because of that are superior to most pendorian troops
(remember that Pendor is a backwards feudal society of Petty kingdoms while the Baccus empire is a unified continent who are a vastly advanced civilization.)

The Immortals are the most elite of the empire knights, so therefore almost gods on the battlefield, their only weakness their lack of shields and mounts.

Ahh, I see, that makes sense. I've always liked the Empire. It's probably my favorite faction followed closely by the Kingdom of Ravenstern.

InfinityAtEnd said:
l2RDO said:
Im having a problem capturing one of the named spawns, Syla Uzas. His army was attacked by NPCs because he was down to about 250 troops when I saw him wandering the map. I had my vassals engage him and withdrew when he had about 40 troops remaining. He currently has 40% health, and when I attack him he appears in the fight, but afterwards it goes straight to the capture/recruit screen, and I get no messages afterwards saying he escaped. Ive tried several times with no luck.

try again ... a higher Prisonier Management rises the chances to capture them ... and also ... the unique spawns are harder to be captured than normal lords ...

and if I'm not mistaken ... you must be the one attacking them if you wanna capture him ....

I wasn't the first person to ever attack him (I found him with 250 troops, and about 500+ prisoners). I am the one to initiate the final battle in which I knock him out and then fail to capture him. Is it normal for there to be no message indicating he escaped?

Also, will the unique spawns continue to spawn until I capture them and tell them to never come back, regardless of how many times they've been defeated by either me or the NPCs?

Do you have positive relations with adventurers and treasure seekers mayhap? Syla is of that faction (I think), and can't be taken prisoner if in positive relations with.

Acanthoid said:
Do you have positive relations with adventurers and treasure seekers mayhap? Syla is of that faction (I think), and can't be taken prisoner if in positive relations with.
I'm not sure, but I also believe it's true if he's a mercenary for a King whose kingdom you have positive relations with (tested 15 times on Oswald de Fleur @ 5 Prisoner Management)

Fuffles said:
Acanthoid said:
I'm not sure, but I also believe it's true if he's a mercenary for a King whose kingdom you have positive relations with (tested 15 times on Oswald de Fleur @ 5 Prisoner Management)

then.... it's time to be a little :twisted:

Another quick question, why do some troops have some bizarre and quite immersion breaking stats? For example, everyone has 10 Weapon Master, lots have tons of horse archery and 0 riding, or other combinations which make no sense...

Fuffles said:
Another quick question, why do some troops have some bizarre and quite immersion breaking stats? For example, everyone has 10 Weapon Master, lots have tons of horse archery and 0 riding, or other combinations which make no sense...
this is simply for the sake of skill points. The devs decided to have the troop powerful to a certain extent, and sometimes there just happens to be extra skill points left over. Sometimes you'll see certain troops with excellent trading skills....  :razz:

InfinityAtEnd said:
l2RDO said:

As far as I know higher Prisoner Management does not increase the chance to capture lords or unique spawn leaders.
The escape chance is fixed at 70%(i.e. 30% chance of capturing them after the battle).
If you use TweakMB to decrease the escape chance to 0% then you can capture them every time even with 0 prisoner management.

Fuffles said:
Acanthoid said:
you can take them prisoner if you have + relations with them or their faction.  try reloading your save and trying again a couple days later.

Fuffles said:
Acanthoid said:

Not true. I always capture mercenaries. that are in my faction Its ok though I am the best mercenary around. Even 10 Sylas are not as good as one me :smile:.

HunterAlpha1 said:
Fuffles said:
Acanthoid said:
you can take them prisoner if you have + relations with them or their faction.  try reloading your save and trying again a couple days later.

Well, I couldn't with one of the spawns because i had positive relations with rogue knights. And I didn't even get the message that he escaped. So I teleported near some knights to get the relations to minus then attacked the hero again and voila, I get the message that he escapes and I captured him with the 2nd try.

And he (OP) doesn't get the note the hero escapes so... He can't capture him no matter how many tries. Something is off and it's most likely something relations related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom