[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alavaria said:
TrashMan said:
Either way, becoming the top dog on Pendor should be the key, not necesarily the ONLY dog on Pendor. So if my military and economical power eclipses that of remaining lords combined, I basically won already.
Just finish autoresolving the last few fief assaults. It feels annoying but there you have it I guess.

Because the victory condition is to make the prophecy come true.
The prophecy says that a hero will unify Pendor into a single kingdom.
That's all there is to it.

But what if I don't want to kill off a king?
Vassalage and diplomacy (backed by big swords) should also be possible to an extent

TrashMan said:
But what if I don't want to kill off a king?
Vassalage and diplomacy (backed by big swords) should also be possible to an extent

Two things:

1) We are just talking about a victory screen showing up on the screen. Nothing else.

Define your own victory goals however you like, and then play in that fashion. Look up a screenshot or youtube of the victory screen when you achieve your goals if you like.

2) Vassalage is the relationship you have with your vassals--it is most certainly in the game. If you want the equivalent of smaller kings beneath you, then create superdukes by say, giving caliph hamid all of the former d'shar towns. But the former independant kings are too proud to accept this relationship, just as the pretenders to the throne are (they refuse your help if you are independent because they "would just be your puppet").

Is there a place where  you can look up which town sells which items? I want to outfit one of my companions in Meltine gear but only the Fieds sell it regularly and cant find someone who sells singalion gear.

I typically keep my companions with a specific gear setup even if there is better gear like the noldar stuff

Aunodin said:
Is there a place where  you can look up which town sells which items? I want to outfit one of my companions in Meltine gear but only the Fieds sell it regularly and cant find someone who sells singalion gear.

I typically keep my companions with a specific gear setup even if there is better gear like the noldar stuff

The best way of getting faction specific items is to loot it from the source themselves, try to join a fight against a Melitine army with a high enough looting and get 'em, you'll often find faction especific items for some reason near cities that there is those factions "armies" around it, I had a Melitine expedition force near poinsbruck and the town was selling melitine armour plate. Odd, but maybe you should try. But the best way.. you already know :razz:

Roque the Rogue said:
Aunodin said:

The best way of getting faction specific items is to loot it from the source themselves, try to join a fight against a Melitine army with a high enough looting and get 'em, you'll often find faction especific items for some reason near cities that there is those factions "armies" around it, I had a Melitine expedition force near poinsbruck and the town was selling melitine armour plate. Odd, but maybe you should try. But the best way.. you already know :razz:

Well part of the problem of not wanting to just pound on the meltines for instance, is that typically the majority of the gear is of lower than standard quality plus meltine spawns are hard to get as they show up rarely for me.

Alavaria said:
TrashMan said:
Then I got Wolfbode the Slayer and his 970 men army.
since there was NO WAY I can take than on (with having 150-160 men myself), I told a bunch of Raverstern Lords to follow me and I attacked.
We had 1200 men, I had 10 tactics and I was very well equipped.

We get rekt.
Yeah, 1200 is not enough to take on these armies. I generally wouldn't go with less than twice what the spawn army has (so like 2000, this can be rather hard to get). Also, if you let them sit for a while they tend to increase in number by getting prisoners but also get diluted (by all the prisoners they recruit) which helps.

Another possibility is if you can decently kill people in the first attack or so, then you can just run off, let your lords refill their armies and have another go. I tend not to like doing it, if necessary I just save these armies for later when I can crush them with 3000+ people or something silly like that.

TrashMan said:
Either way, becoming the top dog on Pendor should be the key, not necesarily the ONLY dog on Pendor. So if my military and economical power eclipses that of remaining lords combined, I basically won already.
Just finish autoresolving the last few fief assaults. It feels annoying but there you have it I guess.

Lord armies tend to be pretty crap when it comes to troop quality, which is why you probably lost. For Wolfbode, it's also the case that only his first couple of spawns are dangerous, once you whittle past them, the rest of the army tends to be pretty easy.

I understand there's some storyline based on your character's origin in this version - how do i start it? I chose the message about my character's father's death, and havent seen anything so far 200 days in. Some hint would be nice.

Empiro said:
Lord armies tend to be pretty crap when it comes to troop quality, which is why you probably lost. For Wolfbode, it's also the case that only his first couple of spawns are dangerous, once you whittle past them, the rest of the army tends to be pretty easy.

Whittling past them IS the problem.

It doesn't help that morale and some companions complain forever if you retreat or suffer high losses REGARDLESS OF CIRCUMSTANCES.
100 vs 600?
50% loses but beat the enemy?
"Captain, I'm deeply concerend about you leading us in a bloodbath!"

"Captain, I'm deeply concerend about you leading us in a bloodbath!"

Yes well if you're fighting 600 men with 100 you are leading them into a bloodbath. Doesn't matter if you win or not.  :grin:

In all honesty, Wolfbode is very difficult to fight without a lategame army (read: 300-500 order knights), the help of another Unique Spawn or as has been suggested, a campaign army that is at least twice his size. The same goes for many other unique spawns.

Aunodin said:
This may have been answered before, but what is the best way to increase faction rep with the foreign minor powers. Since they typically only spawn in with a rather large army that is rather slow to move around, it is hard to lure other units into their path as they are also trying to attack you.

The reason I ask is because I spent the past hour trying to do this for the Meltine empire spawn so I can later hire them when I become king. (I really like the Meltine stuff so that is why) These powers are not like the noldar which have several spawns so while it is slightly time consuming you can herd jatu into the forests pretty easily to grind rep.

When you're leading a minor faction towards a target you can go talk to the target. This makes them pause on the map for a few seconds before they start walking again. When they start to move, talk to them again. Repeat to hold them in place until the minor faction army catches up and attacks them.

oldark said:
Aunodin said:
This may have been answered before, but what is the best way to increase faction rep with the foreign minor powers. Since they typically only spawn in with a rather large army that is rather slow to move around, it is hard to lure other units into their path as they are also trying to attack you.

The reason I ask is because I spent the past hour trying to do this for the Meltine empire spawn so I can later hire them when I become king. (I really like the Meltine stuff so that is why) These powers are not like the noldar which have several spawns so while it is slightly time consuming you can herd jatu into the forests pretty easily to grind rep.

When you're leading a minor faction towards a target you can go talk to the target. This makes them pause on the map for a few seconds before they start walking again. When they start to move, talk to them again. Repeat to hold them in place until the minor faction army catches up and attacks them.
Nice.  Metagaming at it's best. :smile:

oldark said:
I like to imagine that I'm an extremely important peasant in rags and the lord stops to set up a meal tent and present me to his commanders  :grin:
I demand your to meet your commander, and make sure you bring out your finest wine. *Everyone waits around while they set up the tent and bring out the wine* *smacks lips* That will be all milord, I shall take my leave now *They start tearing down their tents when suddenly a 300+ army swarms down around them*

oldark said:

I tried this once, but the King didn't stop for more than a moment, so it was painfully slow. Also I missed one click and lost half my progress after 20+ stops...

Just found a powerful long composite bow, with the same stats as a regular one. Does it influence arrow speed or anything like that or is it just a price tag bump like that superb crap?

It could be just flavor - you could have a sword that has gold-leaf imprinted on it and other cool fancy things that would make it appear "superb" without actually increasing combat effectiveness. The other, more likely, possibility is that it was added to the game without any degree of verification to make sure it worked or not in a rushed release. Sense a pattern?

Aure said:
Just found a powerful long composite bow, with the same stats as a regular one. Does it influence arrow speed or anything like that or is it just a price tag bump like that superb crap?

The M&B wiki lists Powerful as an unused modifier, so I'd venture a guess that the stats being the same is intentional, and it's just an extra modifier thrown in to add to the atmosphere.

Moridin said:
The M&B wiki lists Powerful as an unused modifier, so I'd venture a guess that the stats being the same is intentional, and it's just an extra modifier thrown in to add to the atmosphere.
It was just something disabled from native they enabled. It has no effect currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom