[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brew said:
Plasquar said:
If Ansen gets knocked out in a fight, does his surgery dies with him for the rest of the battle?

Wrong gibberish

Plasquar said:
Speaking of companions getting knocked out: Sometimes when I (or companions) get knocked out I can still join the next fight, because I only dropped from 100% (before the battle) to maybe 50% and not below 5%. Is there a mechanic behind that? Is it more likely to drop to red HP (and not being able to join the next fight) if I received a massive amount of damage (like couched lances)?

More nonsense gibberish

Sorry if im being harsh, but I saw you recently speak wrongly after it was already stated something different

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,375396.msg8947280.html#msg8947280

About that search you did, I just had to google "party skills companion defeated" and on the first link, you get this thread where a game developer answers it (and again, you're very wrong):

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=101558.0

So please, stop stating wrong stuff, if you're not sure, just say "I think [statement]/Not sure, but [statement]/Dont quote me on [statement]/etc", but there is no need for such when the question was already answered

I do make mistakes as well, we're all humans (right...? there are no captchas for posting so who knows), we can make mistakes. But if we do, we try to learn from them and we apologize on the mistake as it could cause confusion/trouble. But you dont do one nor the other, and that triggers me.

Regarding catching gem lords: If I managed to catch Wolfbode, is the chance to catch him again lowered the next time I fight him?
I saw that not being able to catch such spawns will result in an altered %-chance to catch him the next time, so maybe it goes the other way around as well?

st_ryder said:
How to get knights and sergants of the KO I joined?

If you own a castle, you can establish a chapter, which will generate free knights and sergeants every week and let you induct noble recruits into the order.

If you don't have a fief yet, just keep doing quests for them. Every time you complete them, there's a random chance of getting a few knights and sergeants. When you're relations with them are high enough, they'll offer the "More difficult task" quest, which puts you in charge of a full war party (~30-40 knights and ~40-60 sergeants). You'll need to use them to earn around 150 - 200 renown in a couple of weeks without hiring any new soldiers, and when you're done you can hire most of the survivors. It can be a tricky quest to complete, especially during peacetime, but its the fastest way to get a bunch of KO soldiers

k0nr@d said:
Unchanged. If you take wrong units (eg top mercenaries) you can have negative income.

Are D’Shar raiders and ghazi stalkers considered “wrong units”? That’s what I’m playing with this time. When I played with Ravenstern infantry and archers only I had my wages paid in full and then some. Is it just biased against cavalry or is there some other criteria?

Martel said:
k0nr@d said:
Unchanged. If you take wrong units (eg top mercenaries) you can have negative income.

Are D’Shar raiders and ghazi stalkers considered “wrong units”? That’s what I’m playing with this time. When I played with Ravenstern infantry and archers only I had my wages paid in full and then some. Is it just biased against cavalry or is there some other criteria?

Mercenary payments are based on the strength of your troops. Its probably just based on level, though I could be wrong about that. So since infantry and archers are cheap for their levels, that's probably why you got paid more than your cost. Cavalry and especially Horse Archers are expensive for their levels, so you'd likely have a deficit with a lot of them. Regular Mercenaries are doubly expensive for their levels, so you'd have an even bigger deficit if you had a lot of them.

Normally, with a mixed army of high tier units, I find that Merc contracts usually cover around 75-80% of my wages and its pretty easy to make up the rest.

st_ryder said:
If I  conquer a town with KO established in it, do I get their troops every week? like do they belong to me?

Yes. Its just like if you created the chapter yourself (except without the relation bonus for creating a chapter)

Martel said:
k0nr@d said:

You get paid based on the autocalc value of your army IIRC. Cavalry has slightly higher autocalc values, but they also cost a lot more than infantry, like 50-100% more. If your army is all cavalry, that gets expensive fast.

Thrannduil said:
Martel said:
k0nr@d said:

You get paid based on the autocalc value of your army IIRC. Cavalry has slightly higher autocalc values, but they also cost a lot more than infantry, like 50-100% more. If your army is all cavalry, that gets expensive fast.

Interesting, thanks for the answers everyone.

Is there a way to tweak autocalc values for specific troop types (i.e ghazi stalker) on my end?

Does anyone know if there was a change made to captured lords escaping from the player's prisoner stack?

I've captured well over 20 lords at different points in time now, and they all seem to escape from me in less than a day. I've just started ransoming them as soon as I capture them since every single one of them has escaped from me before I could get any ransom offers for them.

Is this intentional or is something weird happening in my game?

While speaking of prisoners... the generic prisoners I put in my town's prison seem to gradually disappear overtime, so I can't come back to pick them up and sell them off at a more convenient time. Is this also intentional?

Does anyone know the maximum number of knights (not sergeants) you can get from the bounty quest? And how far beyond the minimum score you need to get there?

Lagstro said:
Does anyone know if there was a change made to captured lords escaping from the player's prisoner stack?

I've captured well over 20 lords at different points in time now, and they all seem to escape from me in less than a day. I've just started ransoming them as soon as I capture them since every single one of them has escaped from me before I could get any ransom offers for them.

25. Hero (e.g. lord) escape rate form player field army is based on player's prisoner management skill (40% to 20% for 0 to 10 PM points; checked every 2 days; was constants before). Hero escape rate form a walled fief which belongs to the same faction as player, is based on local seneschal prisoner management skill (20% to 10% for 0 to 10 PM points; halved if Prisoner Tower is present; checked every 2 days; was constants before).

From 3.9 changelog. So looks like it's intended.

I've got my own question, is it possible to change hotkeys for formations, or horse rear (ctrl+J)? When using latter, ranks formation goes off as well at the same time. (key "J")

Lagstro said:

While speaking of prisoners... the generic prisoners I put in my town's prison seem to gradually disappear overtime, so I can't come back to pick them up and sell them off at a more convenient time. Is this also intentional?

Changelog - Gameplay:

25. Hero (e.g. lord) escape rate form player field army is based on player's prisoner management skill (40% to 20% for 0 to 10 PM points; checked every 2 days; was constants before). Hero escape rate form a walled fief which belongs to the same faction as player, is based on local seneschal prisoner management skill (20% to 10% for 0 to 10 PM points; halved if Prisoner Tower is present; checked every 2 days; was constants before

Ralyks said:
Plasquar said:
If Ansen gets knocked out in a fight, does his surgery dies with him for the rest of the battle?

It does, the companion with that has the highest value (after ansen) -that is alive- will take place
This is why there was a feature added to allow companions to stay aside from the battlefield, to avoid this from happening. If this didnt happen, it would be pointless to get them out of the battle, as they are like troops that never die, and even if they are weak, they can serve as a meatshield, and they may gain extra exp from knockdowns, rather than only getting the global exp for the victory.

For battles, useful skills that may be lost upon losing a companion are looting, surgery and first aid.

However, if your first aid is high on a secondary companion, you can try to quit the battlefield and charge again, this way, he will reappear, just be more cautious with him this time. Quoting first aid from the wikia:
Each point will allow your hero characters to regain 5% of the health they’ve lost during a particular skirmish or battle. Note that this is added to a base rate of 10%, peaking at 80%. Specially useful for battles with several rounds.

I've been making my Skill Slaves Retreat at the start of each field battle
Am I correct in assuming that keeps their high Surgery and Looting skill throughout, assuming they stay undamaged?

I thought the Stay Aside only pushes them to the bottom of the list, so they'll still spawn, only last in queue.

st_ryder said:
Got Netherworld charger horse from shop randomly. It has 35 speed but all other stats are great. Do you think its worth using? Or too slow?
Definitely worth using imo! :grin: It's a very sturdy horse, which can take a lot of couched lances and projectiles right into the head. Just don't expect to outrun other cavalry in a straight line. But since the AI is dumb and tends to make weird turns, get stuck, etc, you'll have your chance to catch up :smile:

st_ryder said:
If I  conquer a town with KO established in it, do I get their troops every week? like do they belong to me?
Yes, they slowly spawn inside the garrison and if you own the town, nothing stops you from using them, right?  :fruity:

st_ryder said:
Got Netherworld charger horse from shop randomly. It has 35 speed but all other stats are great. Do you think its worth using? Or too slow?

Not a good horse for lancer, as any bump will toss you below speed necessary for couched charge. But it's helova durable, best used as mobile fighting platform that will carry you in and out of melee and around the good spots for sniping...unless you run into bunch of spearmen, that is. But they're very unlikely to harm the horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom