[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Can you make a companion your steward in PoP?
2. If yes, which stats of the steward should be high?
3. Can your wife join your army in PoP?
4. I read in the wiki that you can change the gender of the troops (or just knights?) in your custom order (i.e. you need the same type of recruit, just the gender of the finished troop type is changed). Is it true and how does it work?

redsimon said:
4. I read in the wiki that you can change the gender of the troops (or just knights?) in your custom order (i.e. you need the same type of recruit, just the gender of the finished troop type is changed). Is it true and how does it work?

1. No, stewards are fixed, you can only make him your Minister.
2. From what I know, not at all, thats why the best is to get your wife as Minister as you will still have free all of your companions. Selecting a prominent citizen does matter, it limits your options.
3. No afaik
4. Yup, talk to the steward in the war room in a fief you own and that has a chapter of your CKO. There's an option to change their sex.

MadBull543 said:
Is the Horse Archer AI enhancement going to be implemented in 3.85? If so, is it going to be optional?

We haven't sat down and talked about it much but we will discuss it eventually. It's either going better the AI or make it ridiculous and annoying. So far it is not implemented AFAIK

MitchyMatt said:
MadBull543 said:
Is the Horse Archer AI enhancement going to be implemented in 3.85? If so, is it going to be optional?

We haven't sat down and talked about it much but we will discuss it eventually. It's either going better the AI or make it ridiculous and annoying. So far it is not implemented AFAIK
Thanks  :wink:

Ralyks said:
redsimon said:

2. From what I know, not at all, thats why the best is to get your wife as Minister as you will still have free all of your companions. Selecting a prominent citizen does matter, it limits your options.
3. No afaik
4. Yup, talk to the steward in the war room in a fief you own and that has a chapter of your CKO. There's an option to change their sex.
I'm a little confused. In the wiki it says on the Knighthood Orders page under the Custom Knighthood Order tab (entry "equipment"):
"Better weapons, armor and steeds can be purchased for the Order, but at an extremely hefty cost often ranging in the hundreds of thousands. When replacing equipment though, a  90% of the old equipment's value and time invested is discounted from the new equipment's cost and time. Your steward's trade skill affects the final price you will pay for the equipment."
So which is true?

redsimon said:
Ralyks said:
redsimon said:

3. No afaik
I'm a little confused. In the wiki it says on the Knighthood Orders page under the Custom Knighthood Order tab (entry "equipment"):
"Better weapons, armor and steeds can be purchased for the Order, but at an extremely hefty cost often ranging in the hundreds of thousands. When replacing equipment though, a  90% of the old equipment's value and time invested is discounted from the new equipment's cost and time. Your steward's trade skill affects the final price you will pay for the equipment."
So which is true?

I think you might be confusing the Steward with the Minister. The Minister handles kingdom-related affairs like declaring war and handing out fiefs. The Minister needs to be appointed and can be either your spouse, a companion, or a prominent citizen. Skills don't play a part in this, but the prominent citizen has less dialogue options than the other 2, so its best to use your spouse for this so you don't need to waste a companion on it.

The Steward, on the other hand, handles duties related to his specific fief, like building upgrades and CKO equipment. You don't appoint him, as he's already there from the start. Skills DO matter for him, but you can train him and he'll learn the highest skills from all your companions. Trade and Engineering are really the main ones for him.

* Also, the 90% discount on old equipment is inaccurate. I think that was supposed to be changed in 3.8, but never made it in, so its more like a 25% discount until the next version of PoP

Lord Irontoe said:
* Also, the 90% discount on old equipment is inaccurate. I think that was supposed to be changed in 3.8, but never made it in, so its more like a 25% discount until the next version of PoP

Its not working as intended in 3.8.4, it reduces less of it. But its an errata that was fixed, I didnt change it in the Wikia because i fear i may forget to do it when the new release shows up.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970415104/screenshot/832454008720072287
Any suggestion of a skill that may be worth raising? I've been sitting on those points for ages and still have no idea.

Huillam said:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970415104/screenshot/832454008720072287
Any suggestion of a skill that may be worth raising? I've been sitting on those points for ages and still have no idea.

Iron flesh.
2 points extra hp might not seem much, but it is.
With 4 Skill points, you get +8 extra hp.
With your armor, this means you can take 2-3 hits more then before.
It also drasitcally increases your chance of surviving headshots.

Huillam said:

Ironflesh, Power Draw and Leathership. If you are using a bow with 6 or higher PD requirement, having PD level 10 will make your shots do 240% damage. Ironflesh is useful always, but not a must have mastery as with high Strength you can make up for it, but why not both if you can? Finally, leadership will lower wages and it will be easier to hold a high morale.

Hi all can someone help me tweak village recruits culture ... for example when I take ethos and my kingdom is pendorian I want all my recruits from the villages to be pendorian and not mixed empire and pendorian  Thanks in advance  And would this tweak be save game compatible ?

HellFlRE said:
Hi all can someone help me tweak village recruits culture ... for example when I take ethos and my kingdom is pendorian I want all my recruits from the villages to be pendorian and not mixed empire and pendorian  Thanks in advance  And would this tweak be save game compatible ?

I don't know if there's a tweak for that, but I think over time they will become more and more Pendorian as they adopt the culture, but there's always a chance of getting the original culture's recruits. I'm pretty sure its by design, since otherwise if a faction gets destroyed, you'd never be able to get those troops again

HellFlRE said:

It seems to take time and you don't always get the Pendor troops. You may get Pendor troops from a Ravenstern village and after a while, in that same village, get Ravenstern troops the next time.

So give it some time, you should get recruits of your culture (pendor) after a while.

Another good source of Pendor Recruits is upgrading farmers, refugees and militia recruits. For nobles, shrines and churches are your friends.

Question, did anyone notice that Scorpion Assassins have 1 eye messed up? Like if it was fake or they had some illness or they were punched there recently, lol.

1FMe8fp.jpg

HellFlRE said:

Another option is to use Morgh's editor to change the upgrade path of an Empire recruit into a Pendor recruit. But be careful, this will affect the compositions of AI lords that use Empire troops.

Otherwise, it's a benign change. I know players on this forum have done similar tweaks when doing specific roleplays, i.e., playing as a Melitine mercenary captain or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom