OSP Kit QoL Lav's Companions Overseer OSP v.1.20

Users who are viewing this thread

Lav said:
I'll consider this when making a new version (which is expected to happen when I find enough bugs in the code). :smile:

This is really awesome.

Twilight of the Sun King will be using it for our mod, as well. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to do this.

<3

CR

Hey Lav,

Me again :grin:

I wanted to ask you about how to make this compatible with some of the dialog changes made by Custom Commander and Diplomacy.

Specifically, when I click the "Character Screen" option, it goes into a loop where my companion will say "Let's leave whenever you're ready" and it won't close the window. I also had a problem when talking to a regular soldier where it was stuck in a "Surrender or die!" loop. I know this is a common problem with integrating various other mods, but I'm not sure dialog that buttons is calling. Do you mind explaining to me, either here or in a PM, how to fix that or maybe sort through the code lines with me?

I know the module system rather well, but this is stumping me.

Thanks again for the presentation. After trying it out, it's a work of genius. I really liked your click and drag features. Very nicely done :smile:

<3

CR

Overseer's dialog has one line which must be the very first in the module_dialogs (so it is not overridden by any other compatible dialog). It must be before even that "catch-all" line which is initializing dialog variables. Please check that, because from your description this seems not to be the case.

The dialog itself is called from Overseer's menus. Presentations cannot invoke dialog directly, so when player is clicking on a view troop button, the presentation ends and opens lco_conversation menu, which is running the dialog scene and then restarts the presentation.

Lav said:
Overseer's dialog has one line which must be the very first in the module_dialogs (so it is not overridden by any other compatible dialog). It must be before even that "catch-all" line which is initializing dialog variables. Please check that, because from your description this seems not to be the case.

The dialog itself is called from Overseer's menus. Presentations cannot invoke dialog directly, so when player is clicking on a view troop button, the presentation ends and opens lco_conversation menu, which is running the dialog scene and then restarts the presentation.

Sir, thank you :smile:

You were totally correct. I'd forgotten to even place the dialog in the file.

This truly is an amazing presentation. I'll be adapting it for Twilight of the Sun King. Taught me a lot about how to make a presentation.

Thanks again, we're greatly appreciative.

<3

CR

No problem.

Also, you might want to replace the mesh_pic_messenger background image (and possibly mesh_pic_camp as well) with something more appropriate for your mod timeframe. :smile:

Lav said:
No problem.

Also, you might want to replace the mesh_pic_messenger background image (and possibly mesh_pic_camp as well) with something more appropriate for your mod timeframe. :smile:

:smile: Yeah we're going to do that.

Thanks again.

On a somewhat unrelated note, do you know how to change the "denars" appearing in the bottom of the inventory screen? Duh believed it to be hardcoded, but I've seen mods which had it altered. Denars are a little...also anachonistic :wink:

We're looking at about 12 months of work before the mod's done. It will be a steady work-in-progress. I'm kind of a housewife, so I just code all day, lol. But our code is...already doubled the original Native Source. Lol.

<3

CR

All interface generation code is split into annotated sections. The one you are looking for has comment "# GENERATING PLAYER MONEY INDICATOR". I'm using str_lco_i_denars to generate the string which, now that I think of it, should be classified as a bug - I should have used standard script_game_get_money_text script instead.

Lav said:
All interface generation code is split into annotated sections. The one you are looking for has comment "# GENERATING PLAYER MONEY INDICATOR". I'm using str_lco_i_denars to generate the string which, now that I think of it, should be classified as a bug - I should have used standard script_game_get_money_text script instead.

Sweet. Thanks Lav :smile:

I appreciate it.

<3

CR

Version 1.20 Released

Since a bug was found which could result in item loss, a new version has been released.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3159

Changes since previous version:

Implemented Ctrl-click on "Retrieve Items" button. The player will take the most valuable items from both his inventory and garbage/loot area, to the limit of his inventory capacity. Less valuable items are dropped to garbage/loot area. Frozen slots are unaffected by this operation.

Code to integrate the Overseer as game loot screen has been included into the package.

New global variable: $g_lco_main_menu. It can be set to determine presentation behavior when player quits the presentation. Normally the player will be returned to world map. If this variable is set to some game menu, however, then the referenced menu will be started instead. Actually this variable was present in 1.10, but was not tested properly yet at that time.

Hardcoded xp-to-level table has been removed from the code, there's a standard Warband operation for that.

Fixed file header_operations.py has been replaced with a much better version from another project.

Bugfix. If player was dragging an item and Alt-clicked on hero panel (shortcut for character window), the dragged item would be lost. Implemented proper checks, should no longer happen.

Bugfix. String for amount of player's money was generated using custom string. Now fixed, standard game script is used to generate the amount of money player has. Hence any changes made to the game currency system are automatically supported.

Hey Lav,

Thanks for the PM. That helped *immensely*.

I wanted to tell you I'm having a bug with the Character Screen on the presentation. When I click it, I get into a new dialogue loop where the character says "Here you are" and dumps me back to the Character Screen, not Overseer, when I click "Done." As instructed, I placed your dialog at the start of my dialog file.

Do you think it's something related to Custom Commander or Diplomacy? Or should I reroute the conversation button using another method?

<3

CR

Did you copy all Overseer's dialog lines?

Code:
  [anyone, "start", [(eq,"$g_lco_operation",lco_view_character)],"Here you are.","lco_conversation_end",[(change_screen_view_character)]],
Code:
  [anyone, "lco_conversation_end", [(troop_is_hero,"$g_lco_target"),(assign,"$g_lco_operation",lco_run_presentation)], "Nice to know you are not forgetting me!", "close_window", [(change_screen_return)]],
  [anyone, "lco_conversation_end", [(assign,"$g_lco_operation",lco_run_presentation)], "It's a honor to serve you, {sir/my lady}!", "close_window", [(change_screen_return)]],

Lav said:
Did you copy all Overseer's dialog lines?

Code:
  [anyone, "start", [(eq,"$g_lco_operation",lco_view_character)],"Here you are.","lco_conversation_end",[(change_screen_view_character)]],
Code:
  [anyone, "lco_conversation_end", [(troop_is_hero,"$g_lco_target"),(assign,"$g_lco_operation",lco_run_presentation)], "Nice to know you are not forgetting me!", "close_window", [(change_screen_return)]],
  [anyone, "lco_conversation_end", [(assign,"$g_lco_operation",lco_run_presentation)], "It's a honor to serve you, {sir/my lady}!", "close_window", [(change_screen_return)]],

AH!

I didn't even see the ones at the end. Fantastically done. I can't tell you how impressed I was to read this in code. Your PM helped me. I didn't know about the 1000 multiplier in presentations. Much easier to use.

Damn I feel like a nonce. Lol.  :lol:

Thank you Lav. Appreciated :grin:

<3

CR

Lav said:
6. Feature, average priority. Troop portraits in their current equipment.[/spoiler]

How will it be compatible with other scripts, presentations companions? When a new version of the script? It's very interesting.

Overseer is perfectly compatible with anything (including Napoleonic Wars if you manage to get the source :smile:). As for the new version - no idea, I'm breeding WORMS at the moment.

Official Notification.

Development of Companions Overseer as a separate OSP pack is discontinued for indefinite time. I will be continuing the development, but from now on it will be shipped as a plugin for W.R.E.C.K. compiler. Unfortunately, the code differences between vanilla and W.R.E.C.K.-based Overseers are becoming too many, making parallel development of both variants unfeasible with my current workload. I reserve the right to publish versions "reconverted" back to vanilla Native standard but provide no guarantees. Any 3rd party attempts to do so will be welcome.

Hi,
Completely new to mount and blade warband and to it's mods world.
What is the simplest way to enjoy this mod on my Native game?
I would really appropriate as accurate and detailed answer as possible.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom