Latest (306.97) nVidia drivers cripple framerate

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm currently running NW on a nVidia GT 240 graphics card with 1GB memory (this is NOT a laptop card just to clarify) and I'm experiencing terrible performance with the latest drivers (306.97).  Thought NW can achieve about 60FPS (my current cap) when staring into the sky if I look at anything that isn't totally static the game slows down to anywhere between 25-5FPS and makes the game unplayable (tried to play looking at the sky, couldn't hit anything, gave up).  I've determined it is definitely the new drivers causing this problem as rolling back to the 275.33 drivers (the oldest I can find) results in a significant performance improvement.  Also this was never an issue with the factory installed drivers (260 something).  Of course in what can only be described as Murphy's law neither Warband nor F&S are affected.

Has anyone else had this problem (with this or another nVidia card) and if so determined how to fix it? I really don't want to have to roll-back every time I play NW and that's ignoring the fact that archived drivers aren't available indefinitely.  I'm not willing to run the older drivers all the time either, since everything else (Shogun 2, Deus Ex) works better with them.

Help please,
Osric

I am not sure how to fix this but be sure in the future that you look the games specs or you go type in google : Canyourunit , find your game and your specs will compare with the game specs and see if its going to lagg and stuff...

Avenge said:
I am not sure how to fix this but be sure in the future that you look the games specs or you go type in google : Canyourunit , find your game and your specs will compare with the game specs and see if its going to lagg and stuff...
You seem to be implying it is a hardware problem.  It's not.  Believe me when I say I know what I'm doing here...

OsricFromHamlet said:
Avenge said:
You seem to be implying it is a hardware problem.  It's not.  Believe me when I say I know what I'm doing here...

I also had similar problems my specs are Double the minimum specs(and 2 times better than the recommend specs). and still I get heavy fps lagg.

I also have FPS issues since I patched both my game and drivers I would love to roll back my drivers but I kept always getting display issues hopefully they will fix this soon I miss playing on half of the maps :sad:

Edit: I forgot to mention I had the FPS issues since 306.23

Back
Top Bottom