therionarms_c1405_original.jpg

angstaltarnuremberg1490vw4.jpg

Dl26.jpg

index.php
index.php

attachment.php

9bu8.png

knight_helmet.png
please help me, ive been chased by this helmet for years, and the only question i ask myself is : wtf is this helmet supposed to be? its pure nonsense to me, give proof that it was used or not. i truly think its a big mistake. could someone clear my mind up and show me this type of armet *ahem* sallet, um... great helm? barbute helmet drawn in a manuscript or some sort of proof that could help

The Guardian said:
knight_helmet.png
please help me, ive been chased by this helmet for years, and the only question i ask myself is : wtf is this helmet supposed to be? its pure nonsense to me, give proof that it was used or not. i truly think its a big mistake. could someone clear my mind up and show me this type of armet *ahem* sallet, um... great helm? barbute helmet drawn in a manuscript or some sort of proof that could help

Looks like a 16th/early 17th century closed helmet with a pivoting bevor and very strange ventilation holes.
Headgear_closehelmet_1_playlist.jpg

I've never seen ventilation holes like that in a close helm, but they were common enough in burgonet ones.

About the mosquito bascinet, everyone seems to keep referring to the same French article with the sketches, yet not one primary source has been presented. Unless you show a primary source, might as well be talking out of your ass.

I've been trying to find sources of 15th century helmets used by the Norse. Is there any kind of flavor most used by the Norse around 15th century, or would I simply use a mixture of kettlehats, sallets, late bascinets, and barbutes?

(I'm replacing the Nord equipment with 15th century ones)

Back
Top Bottom