Large Party = Decreased Morale

Users who are viewing this thread

SilverBrone

Sergeant
Does anyone know the method of changing in the scripts so I wouldn't lose morale for having a large party? (Every unit -1 morale says from Reports)

It is the way it works, increase leadership points to allow more troops and increase morale.
It is in the basic module, and though you are allowed to have X number of troops, (depending on leadership skill and renown, food and how long since the last win etc.), morale starts to fall as your troop starts nearer your limit.
MBtweak can be used to alter this, but I am not sure if it is compatible with this mod, try and see, (devs often have their own permutations to modify morale).

It's not compatible with the mod, and right at the moment the furthest for Native is 1.153.

EDIT: I'll probably use a bit of my time tomorrow and look at the files.

SilverBrone said:
It's not compatible with the mod, and right at the moment the furthest for Native is 1.153.

EDIT: I'll probably use a bit of my time tomorrow and look at the files.
We may lower the loss of morale a little, to some degree but nothing is definite. But get more leadership, Perisno is hard!!

I have 2 different save-games, one is a legit playthrough of the game, the other is a cheat-version where I use it to check a few things before proceeding on the other one.

On the cheated one, my Leadership is obviously maxed and once about 200 soldiers, I would start losing 1 degree of morale (Excellent -> Very High, and continue per day)

I am not playing Perisno yet, so I don't know if the morale system is different than the one in Floris, but I think the large party - lower morale mechanic is a bit silly. I mean I would be much happier if I wandered around in a 200 strong party instead of a small squad of 50.

However, I would like to see a system that would lower morale if troops from a lot of different factions are in the army. Would also promote using as many troops as possible from the same faction which is nice touch of gameplay as well in my opinion.

dimstog said:
I am not playing Perisno yet, so I don't know if the morale system is different than the one in Floris, but I think the large party - lower morale mechanic is a bit silly. I mean I would be much happier if I wandered around in a 200 strong party instead of a small squad of 50.

However, I would like to see a system that would lower morale if troops from a lot of different factions are in the army. Would also promote using as many troops as possible from the same faction which is nice touch of gameplay as well in my opinion.

Well, in Floris, in my cheat save, I could use an army of 600 Swadians and still none will desert, so yeah.

SilverBrone said:
dimstog said:

Well, in Floris, in my cheat save, I could use an army of 600 Swadians and still none will desert, so yeah.

well to combat the morale loss from large armys, u should invest quite a bit in divers types of food, also somewhere was explained that larger armys have lower morale because, being so many soldiers the commander doesn`t have time to get to know all really well, train with em etc. = making the army less coesive, while on the other side a small army the commander can get to know all his soldiers quite easy.

it is the same in real life aswell, see a 10-20 man company, the director/boss/owner will most likely know all his employes, their problems etc, while a larger company 200-300 employes, it will be quite different...

Alex the Seeker said:
SilverBrone said:
dimstog said:

well to combat the morale loss from large armys, u should invest quite a bit in divers types of food, also somewhere was explained that larger armys have lower morale because, being so many soldiers the commander doesn`t have time to get to know all really well, train with em etc. = making the army less coesive, while on the other side a small army the commander can get to know all his soldiers quite easy.

it is the same in real life aswell, see a 10-20 man company, the director/boss/owner will most likely know all his employes, their problems etc, while a larger company 200-300 employes, it will be quite different...

The point is that you have to focus more time in your ''employees'' if you have more of them, since in Warband, the more soldiers, the faster the food supply will decrease, which you would have to spend more gameplay time to venture about all the towns to get more food, while during the travel the food will still decrease.

Good to hear in most cases I don't mind having a medium sized party of 60-70 troops. However, with games like PoP and Perisno even some of the most common troops are decently armed especially for factions like Redwood. Felt more of a annoyance than a difficulty issue at times when you had to recruit again if you didn't have good surgery skill companion, even then you had to wait a while for them to heal.

habeo123 said:
We have solution for the morale problem. It's in 0.6. Would not spoil it though.

off: do I get a cookie if I predict correctly what the solution is gonna be? :smile:)

jokes aside, really glad to hear it is gonna be more easy now with morale, not that i minded the sistem till now

Leeching units through Desouk Slavers are good, but the decreased morale from their prisoners (Commonly they have about 20+ prisoners, mainly farmers, peasant women etc...), glad to hear it's improved on the next update.

In addition, it's good to leave a Sacaar raider's hideout sitting in the Hakkon territory for a long period of time, because I saw about 15 parties just spamming that zone, and combating one leaded to about fighting 400 of them, plus sabotaging the Hakkon's towns prosperities.

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to find some Manhunters so I can do that exploit to give them about a ton of Tolranian troops to assist them in destroying the vile bandit hordes that plague Perisno.

Back
Top Bottom