lance turns into sabre

Users who are viewing this thread

dochtorgajo

Squire
Good day

I dont know if it is a feature or a bug but when carrying hussar lance (its balanced one maybe that matters) and my horse is killed I loose it and I get sabre instead. (which I didnt have in equipment slots before)

Does anyone encountered something similar?

It's magic!

Seriously. No, I haven't encountered that thing, but then I tend to use a pistol or carbine when riding in circles around the enemy.

It just occurred to me...
Maybe it's scripted. Winged Hussars always appear with sabers when fighting on foot, while on horseback I've always seen them with their lance. So maybe, it's scripted so that they always shall fight with the saber when on foot -- and that is what's happening when using the hussar lance and getting dismounted.

Just my 'educated' guess

That,s because it's impossible to use a lance on foot. It relies on the horses speed... Can you imagine holding a big long heavy lance in front of you and trying to stab people with it? It just doesn't work. It's not a bug.

What makes sense for bots shouldn't be scripted for players, on principle and for this in specific. A player can use a lance as a pike when dismounted if they wish, or swap to a backup weapon...but that's the player's choice since they are able to make the choice, unlike bots that need the help of scripting.

It is a simple two lines of code to make sure the code isn't firing for a player.

11sparky11 said:
That,s because it's impossible to use a lance on foot. It relies on the horses speed... Can you imagine holding a big long heavy lance in front of you and trying to stab people with it? It just doesn't work. It's not a bug.

Nice to throw random I-know-its-impossible-just-try-it but actually thats not entirely correct. Of course Im not speaking about several kilogram lance of gendarmes in 16th century but if its light enough whats the problem using it on foot? And in middle ages it seems there were examples of knight cutting their lances to spear length to use it on foot in formation. For hussars lance well from what I know they werent horribly heavy so hypothetically they could be used this. (But i cant provide example where they were)

Yes its the same thing as problem in another threat Ive created comment in bugtracker as well. :smile: Its not such a big problem anyway. I havent tryed if going back inventory and reequip it for example wouldnt do the trick or something similar yet.

11sparky11 said:
It depends on what you define by a lance -- I'd agree the 3m hussar lance wouldn't be usable, on foot, like the polearms in the game, but such a weapon would be of use against a cavalry attack by a stationary infantry -- you dig in and plant the weapon firmly in the ground.
I think the optimal polearm to use on foot, though, is somewhere 150-180cm

Back
Top Bottom