Lance couching?

Users who are viewing this thread

BHunterSEAL

Veteran
Sorry to create a new topic for a question like this, but I'm not sure it's a bug so I didn't put it there. I searched and I couldn't find it: How do I couch my lance? Right now it's basically useless, although the mounted stabbing motion definitely looks pretty cool (although it is nearly impossible to hit with). Using (x) didn't work, I usually have auto-lancing but I switched to both manual easy and hard in an attempt to get it working to no avail. What am I doing wrong? I've only tried using a Long Lance so I'll switch to others and report back if it works. There's no colored dot to tell me its status.

Also wanted to say that this is instantly my favorite WB mod, it's really fantastic. I like the new scenes, new equipment, and the troop choices--especially how cavalry is pretty rare now.

CrazyCocoK said:
For me you just have to be on your horse charging at a medium-fast speed, then it (should) auto lower the lance into couching position.

You clearly haven't tried to couch your lance in this mod.  :roll:

If I remember correctly it's only the great lance that can couch, all other lances and spears cant. Don't know why xenoargh have done this, but I generally don't use lances and spears on horse anymore, because of the weird overhand animation, which make it quit difficult to use.

Well you can avoid the overhead animation so long as you keep the lance directed towards the left side of your horse. I don't quite get it either, but when attacking from the right I can never hit anything with that new animation.

That's a bug.  I removed the couch flag while (finally) getting the overhand strike to work properly.  I'll fix that in the next release :smile:

xenoargh said:
That's a bug.  I removed the couch flag while (finally) getting the overhand strike to work properly.  I'll fix that in the next release :smile:

You're saying that the overhand strike actually works?  You do realize that if a man holding a lance on a horse ever attempted such a feat he would surely break his arm. I didn’t even think that animation was intentional.  :shock:

It's a side effect of having overhand strikes on spears, when dismounted.  I'd really prefer it didn't have to work this way, but it's an engine limitation that I'm working around.

xenoargh said:
It's a side effect of having overhand strikes on spears, when dismounted.  I'd really prefer it didn't have to work this way, but it's an engine limitation that I'm working around.

Ah, that makes perfect sense for a spear. I hadn't tried using a spear behind a shield yet while on foot. Great for phalanx walls. Oh well, sacrifices must be made.

Back
Top Bottom