La Cumpaignie de Runeville

Users who are viewing this thread

Dansk viking said:
Well... Haha, I'd say taking the role of William the Bastard is quite pretentious in the first place.  :lol:
No one else pretends to be the ruler of any considerable domain (except perhaps Sigvaldi jarl).

You see, I am not the only one  :wink:

hrotha said:
How's the search for a banner going? Have you find any proper historical sources to come up with something authentic-looking?

For the shieldpaninting we would like to take something like the right one of the five knights has:
Normans_Bayeux.jpg
But we're still not sure about our banner.

Well you better come up with a byname for each of you then. "Li gentilz" or "li riches" or whatever. Give me ideas and I'll do some research if you want, but you wouldn't have two men with the same name in the same company without at least one of them using a nickname. This new Baldwin could get a byname while you use "quens" in your name or something. I dunno, you're making this needlessly complicated, when you could just have chosen one of those super common Norman names instead :razz:

hrotha said:
Well you better come up with a byname for each of you then. "Li gentilz" or "li riches" or whatever. Give me ideas and I'll do some research if you want, but you wouldn't have two men with the same name in the same company without at least one of them using a nickname. This new Baldwin could get a byname while you use "quens" in your name or something. I dunno, you're making this needlessly complicated, when you could just have chosen one of those super common Norman names instead :razz:

Yeah, I have been thinking about it, soo I will change my name to Richard instead :smile:

Theretor said:
hrotha said:

Yeah, I have been thinking about it, soo I will change my name to Richard instead :smile:
Good, good, now change your avatar and you're golden. :razz:

I can't believe I still haven't seen a Tancred in the Norman clans.

If I were French, that would be my first choice, give the historical knights :sad:

hrotha said:
Hengwulf said:
I can't believe I still haven't seen a Tancred in the Norman clans.

If I were French, that would be my first choice, give the historical knights :sad:
I sort of agree. Tancred (Tancrei/Tancreid) would be a fine name. I'm currently reading the Nibelungenlied and I can't help but root for Dankrat. Unfortunately, the name has some undesirable folk associations in Spanish, so I'm not completely sold on it.
hmm That name sounds more nicer and my style... hmmmm Maybe... what do you people think?

Edit:
UlfrTheMighty said:
THERETOR. min venn! hvordan står det til!  :smile:
Hallaiz!!!! :smile: Det går bra med meg! :grin:

If you ask me? Keep "Richard". It's one of the most common Norman names, there should be at least one in every Norman clan if you ask me :p

"Tancrei(d)" is fine, but it's not nearly as common as "Richard". You might prefer to switch to another of the big 5 though: "Willelme", "Gil(e)bert", "Ro(d)bert" or "Ro(d)ger".

If it helps: "Tancrei(d)" means "Thought-counsel", "Richard" means "powerful, rich and hardy".

Back
Top Bottom