Kingdom Managment Tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys, love the mod, great work. I used tweakmb to shorten the build times a tad and also to lighten the negative effect of handing out fiefs because in any large kingdom it quickly becomes ridiculously bad to have to hand out anything at all because you end up with everyone hating you. But on to the suggestion.

I noticed that when you conquer a town or castle and it asks you who to assign the property to it gives you a quick cheat-sheet on how many properties each lord already has. But when you choose the option of waiting till later to decide thengo to your court to assign it, there is no way(as far as i can find) to see how many fiefs each lord already has. So i resorted to writing down the names of the lords without any fiefs at all from the town/castle capture menu so that i could give each one a village. But it would be great if you could add the same cheat sheet to the lords menu here as well. Or at the very least make a seperate menu option to review your lords and their holdings that would show you the list on demand instead of needing to capture something to see it.

Another small suggestion i had is to allow the changing of the titles of your lords. Similar to how the other factions do. For instance the D'shar town holding lords are the Caliphs, the fierdsvian town holders are earls, and so forth. An option to give lords a special title would be great, so you could categorize your lords. This would introduce some more politics as well as you could add positive or negative side effects of "promoting" lords and not promoting that lords rival. Just please keep any negative rep effects to a minimum seeing as how once you have 20 lords giving out something to one of them is already causing major rep problems with every other lord.

To any developers that deign my post readable, thank you for your time. Any response is appreciated, even a "what a stupid idea" response as that would let me know that i should not suggest things of the type, haha. On the other hand if you like this idea i could come up with some more.

If you get one lord to a 100 relations, it wont drop by fief assigning or by other means. My two "core" lords are at a hundred, and they love everything i do, no matter what.

DjFarmor said:
If you get one lord to a 100 relations, it wont drop by fief assigning or by other means. My two "core" lords are at a hundred, and they love everything i do, no matter what.

Ok that does help a bit, but that part i just changed, any thoughts on the suggestions?

Deathstalker23 said:
Ok that does help a bit, but that part i just changed, any thoughts on the suggestions?

While we do appreciate the feedback, at the moment, the development team is not really taking any suggestions, so don't expect much feedback from us on this matter honestly.

However, this idea will still stay on these forums, and perhaps down the line we could consider something like what you mentioned.

regards,

MP

DjFarmor said:

Huh? I thought it was based on lord personality? Many lords I have got to 100, but the only ones who stay there no matter what are the 'honourable' ones (the ones who you can increase rep with just by gaining honour).

I don't really see the rep loss as a huge issue. You have to be aware of the lords who aren't going to like not getting a fief. Just hand them a village every now and then for the +10 bonus, to keep them on side. And if you recruit them at +100 rep, it'll take a long time for them to get into negative rep, even if you don't give them fiefs occasionally (obviously they need one or the rep decreases fast).

You can also hold feasts, which gains a small rep bonus. And there is also a familial thing - if you have two members of the same noble family, and give a fief to one, it will also get you a small (+1 or +2) bonus with the lord who is related to them.

You can also help them out in fights a lot to keep them happy. And sometimes its worth letting them get defeated and captured - its a -1 rep hit if they're defeated (except for the honourable lords, who don't mind), compared to a +7 rep bonus for breaking them out of jail - so you're actually gaining 6 just for them getting beaten. This is compared to a max +4 bonus (I think this is the max) for helping them win the battle. Oh, and some other lords (a particular personality type - honourable and another one) will like you more if they hear about you helping out another lord in battle.

As long as you try to make sure that when you recruit a lord you check who his family is and try to recruit a couple of them too, you can do a pretty good balancing act with fief assignment.

Basically, I think there are plenty of ways to keep your lords happy already.

Back
Top Bottom