Kidnapped Girl glitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Uther

Knight
Ohai thar, some of you may remember me.

I used to be obsessed with M&B, then skipped a few versions and now, when i upgrated to .903, it's a little overwhelming! Not that it's a bad thing though.
But on to my question: my problem is that i took one of those simple "merchant quests" (from Sargoth i think) to exchange a ransom for a girl, and i cant finish it. As i have done many times before in earlier versions, i just killed the bastards and was on my way back to Sargoth, but to my dismay the guildmaster didn't recognize that i brought the girl to him. No options. I talked to her as well - nothing.
It's somewhat irritating, since i never ever encountered similar bugs in earlier versions. Is there some way to correct that and finish this quest? Or must i fail it? A text edit or whatnot? Anything really.

Thanks in advance.

Uther said:
But on to my question: my problem is that i took one of those simple "merchant quests" (from Sargoth i think) to exchange a ransom for a girl, and i cant finish it. As i have done many times before in earlier versions, i just killed the bastards and was on my way back to Sargoth, but to my dismay the guildmaster didn't recognize that i brought the girl to him. No options. I talked to her as well - nothing.
It's somewhat irritating, since i never ever encountered similar bugs in earlier versions. Is there some way to correct that and finish this quest? Or must i fail it? A text edit or whatnot? Anything really.

Thanks in advance.

I think you've probably answered your own question right there in green, from Sargoth, you think!. If she's not automatically leaving your party as soon as you enter the correct town, leave and enter again. If she still doesn't then chances are excellent you're not at the right  town.

Go check your dialogue history section, and/or the quest section itself, it should tell you where you actually got the quest from.

I say be glad, you got yourself another hero.
When I did that quest she automatically left the party when I got close to the town, like cattle. So either it was a very fortunate glitch, it is programmed that it sometimes fails, or you took her to the wrong city?

Nah it's definitely Sargoth, as it says so in the quest log.

I also noticed i can check her equipment and stats......Sooo.....is there any downside if i leave her as my hero? As in, her suddenly dissapearing with a full set of reinforced plate armor or something?

No. Even if she leaves your party, the equipment you gave her will still be stored on her. So the next time you get the same quest she will have the same stuff.

PS: Nevermind, she finally left me alone after i re-entered Sargoth about 10 times...
Sweet. Also i met a hero who apparently wasnt yet implemented. Milton or something like that.

That's never happened to me. I think you're in the wrong town. Because when you're heading towards it, and you get a safe distance from the town the girl will tell you that you're close enough to the town and go back to her family.

McSpanky said:
That's never happened to me. I think you're in the wrong town. Because when you're heading towards it, and you get a safe distance from the town the girl will tell you that you're close enough to the town and go back to her family.
No, that's caravans. Kidnapped girl simply leaves your party when entering the town. Not before.

Uther said:
PS: Nevermind, she finally left me alone after i re-entered Sargoth about 10 times...
Sweet. Also i met a hero who apparently wasnt yet implemented. Milton or something like that.

its not milton but im not sure on the name. I dont think that hes a hero cause there is like 8 of them that i have found

I found a bug with the Kidnapped Girl when she gets a new level. To complete the quest you must assign the att + skills points before reach the town.

Did you use the teleport cheat to get back to the town? Most quests take a few seconds to register that they are completed (like the Troublesome Bandits quest). If you teleport back to the town immediately, then the trigger to "mark" the quest completed doesn't fire. Make sure to walk on the world map for about 5 seconds.

koolie10 said:
Uther said:

its not milton but im not sure on the name. I dont think that hes a hero cause there is like 8 of them that i have found

he's a  minstrel, it's not his name it's his job. I imagine the word would be synonymous with bard, singer, traveling musician. This same question has been asked a few times which leads me to wonder, is this just not a word many people know, or does it not translate well?

Okay I have come across this bug three times and the problem to me seems to be that the quest is completed to quickly. The three times this has happened to me it the kidnappers were right outside of the city and I didn't have to travel very far to kill them. The result was that she wouldn't leave my party so I could collect the reward and I've found that if you just camp a day it will usually give her to the city and you can complete the quest. I have never had this bug happen when I had to travel a good distance way from the city the quest was given to me in.

Experienced the same bug myself atm. Quest started at Reyvadin and I had to go to Vayejeg to find the bandits who were ransoming her. Rather than pay the cash I killed them. Returned straight back to to turn in the quest and the kidnapped girl wouldn't leave. Tried re-entering the town, wandering off some distance and then returning, going to other cities and returning - nothing seems to work.

horseandsword said:
Experienced the same bug myself atm. Quest started at Reyvadin and I had to go to Vayejeg to find the bandits who were ransoming her. Rather than pay the cash I killed them. Returned straight back to to turn in the quest and the kidnapped girl wouldn't leave. Tried re-entering the town, wandering off some distance and then returning, going to other cities and returning - nothing seems to work.

I've had this problem too.  Rather frustrating, as I'd read people had trouble with this mission and so tested it first without saving.  On the first go, I paid the ransom and left, and when I got to Halmar she left.  No problem.  I reloaded, then killed the bandits and rescued her, and asked her to join me, and saved it.  Now when I get back to Halmar nothing happens, and talking to the Guild Master doesn't help.  I can't get rid of the useless slaphead, and though it's fun shooting her in the back of the head at the start of every battle, it's annoying having to turn away huscarls and marksmen because she's taking up their space.

Anyone knows what needs to be changed in order to allow the leveling and changing of equipment of the kidnapped gilr?  (I mean when you talk to her the options "I need to check you equipment" and "Tell me how you doing" -or something like that-). If I have to hang with her at least she can be useful (she is at level 19 now).

Back
Top Bottom