Khergits

Users who are viewing this thread

Topsnus

Sergeant at Arms
They are way too powerful. All of the other factions are a joke compared to them. Their people seem to have more health or better armor, they have better horses, and all of their units are able to randomly pull out a bow and kill everything with a few shots, which they shoot in about 6 seconds.

Why is it like this?

I think the main problem is that they are a cavalry dominate faction. To me it just seems like there isn't much counter-cavalry options in this game.

Topsnus said:
Why is it like this?

To troll Daumor, IIRC.

Chadwiick said:
I think the main problem is that they are a cavalry dominate faction. To me it just seems like there isn't much counter-cavalry options in this game.

Yeah, I've noticed spear bracing doesn't seem to be working in my game.  It's turned on in my camp menu, and my game is from the original version patched to .002 then to .003 as they came out.  I couldn't say if it was working before the patches as I was a sword and board PBI.  Only recently gone mounted to find that I can't indulge in the traditional Swadian pastime of charging a line of Rhodoks and seeing how much altitude you can get - my charger just runs straight over the losers.

To kill Khergits I find Cavaliers, Princes, or more Khergits most effective.  Tarkhans are superb and upgrade from the base noble unit after just a fracas or two.  I've just discovered the joys of roaming the map with a pure cavalry unit that can fight magnificently on foot and pwn pretty much anything in a siege.  Bit like the late lamented Swadian Elite Ranger from the old M&B version, but mounted and so even faster.   

The mod is pretty good all around except for the Khergits, which are all on horses, take the most hits to kill, and can kill anything very quickly from any range. Piss poor game design is what that is.

Wow, i never had any real trouble with Khergits.
Granted i play cavalry only for field battles but still they are not as hard as you make it sound in here.
According to my expierence that is.

take the most hits to kill
Have you fought Champion Huscarls, minor/major princes or Crusaders/Templars?
Those take a **** ton of damage before going down, while wasting units left and right.
Even elite Khergits can be killed in one swing with some speed bonus. Get a long or hand and a half sword and it works.

can kill anything very quickly from any range.
My shield can take multiple arrows just fine. In fact it only broke against Ivory arrows or Arbalest shots.

For a foot based army though, things are different and i do understand that.
But you have to keep in mind how piss weak Khergits are in native.
This mod has taken the strength of the Khergits to the extreme, and maybe they have over done it a little.
Still never really noticed it myself.

Bert Preast said:
Topsnus said:
Why is it like this?

To troll Daumor, IIRC. 

Ha ha ha!

I've been fighting the Khergs as my main opponent and I find them irritating rather than difficult. Swadian Cav makes mincemeat of them and a village face-off between them and some Rhodok crossbows is embarrassing. Some faction troops will struggle against them, but most factions have a skill set that will give them an edge.

This is pretty hilarious since everyone complained about how terrible the Khergits were in original NE. For all their open field advantages I think they're still the worst in sieges, not sure about the Sarranids, I haven't tangled with them much yet.

I love the Kherights there awesome and no they aint to difficult at all infact they usually end up running into your lines if your a footman based army

I've been playing as Khergits and I've actually had my run in with some major opposition. Today, I fought against Sultan Hakim (lots of dervishes and eunuchs which do devastate) and another Sarranid with 3 other Khergit lords at my side. In total it was about 542 of us against 628 of them. We actually lost round 1 of the battle. But as the fighting continued, we were able to pull through and beat them back. I believe we lost around 150+ men or so (my party was completely wiped out). Later again, I went up against a group of 11 Crusaders/Paladins/etc and we lost 42 to their 11. There are still units who are much stronger than the Khergits.

Also, it may not be that they are overpowered rather than you may be going against them the wrong way. Rather than charging them, keep your men all together and take advantage of archers and spearmen. While the spearbracing has been a little funky, spearmen can still stop a horse in their tracks. They aren't unbeatable and they certainly lack in sieges. I never start one with just my Khergits - I always bring along some Huskarls and Obushars (sp?).

Moonlight_Runner said:
Also, it may not be that they are overpowered rather than you may be going against them the wrong way. Rather than charging them, keep your men all together and take advantage of archers and spearmen. While the spearbracing has been a little funky, spearmen can still stop a horse in their tracks. They aren't unbeatable and they certainly lack in sieges. I never start one with just my Khergits - I always bring along some Huskarls and Obushars (sp?).
You have made a valuable point :grin:

/rage Will you please STFU about Khergits already! These threads are so old and so damned annoying. If you don't like Khergits then go make your own mod where you can have your boring little cookie cutter melee fights where you never have to do so much as look behind you or watch your sides. Why should the devs of the game or even a mod spend valuable time removing Khergit's when they could use that time fixing bugs and adding new content just because you can't use some bleeding tactics for once. /end rage.

KillerMongoose said:
/rage Will you please STFU about Khergits already! These threads are so old and so damned annoying. If you don't like Khergits then go make your own mod where you can have your boring little cookie cutter melee fights where you never have to do so much as look behind you or watch your sides. Why should the devs of the game or even a mod spend valuable time removing Khergit's when they could use that time fixing bugs and adding new content just because you can't use some bleeding tactics for once. /end rage.

:shock: someone needs a cookie....

Tbh, I find khergits pathetically easy. I just don't like fighting them because they takes ages to kill, being all on horseback, and being able to get away from my guys easily.

KillerMongoose said:
1. This thread is new.
2. Everybody has his/her own play style.
3. Fact, they are strong.
4. Nobody ever said remove them.

1. What Moonlight_Runner said
2. That's fine but don't go around posting rage threads because you hate mine.
3. Not at all, all it takes is archers to unhorse them. Steppe horses aren't that fast or strong.
4. I'm sure the OP would like them removed along with the OP of every thread like this.

I honestly don't see a problem with an "overpowered faction". I'd rather have a challenge than to win every skirmish or every siege. Plus, everyone who plays this mod will eventually have to go up against an overpowered faction (DKs).

Moonlight_Runner said:
I honestly don't see a problem with an "overpowered faction". I'd rather have a challenge than to win every skirmish or every siege. Plus, everyone who plays this mod will eventually have to go up against an overpowered faction (DKs).
I join you :smile: And since I don't feel like fighting over something as silly as whether or not the khergits are okay, I'll admit to your point. Have fun with it :wink:

Back
Top Bottom