Keyboard USB failure

Users who are viewing this thread

Fierce Headmaster

Hi! My name is Skippy.
Count
So I got a keyboard and mouse set for christmas, this one http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/keyboards/devastator/
The problem is, while the mouse works perfectly, the keyboard came with a faulty usb cable. Plugging it in only works for ~30 seconds at a time, then it shuts down for minutes and randomly comes back on. I tested all the keyboard functions possible in its uptime, it's working perfectly in that regard. I contacted the company my mother got it from, they want me to pay for both shippings back and forth and I can't afford that. They also suggested it might be a problem that happened during transportation (which makes them not obligated to give me a new one, so I could end up paying those shipping costs for naught), so I decided not to do it.

Bottom line is, can I just open up the keyboard and rewire it with another USB cable? I can't determine at all where the fault is, since it seems to randomly work and wiggling the cable around doesn't do much.

(I also have a slight suspicion the keyboard as a whole might be damaged, but it's way more plausible the cable is the problem.)

Back
Top Bottom