Kerghits

Users who are viewing this thread

Attacksmurfen

Sergeant
It appears to me that most people dislikes them, they suck except on open maps where they can dominate. While it's in the factions nature, they seem to be oddballs compared to the other factions. What can be done to make them more fun?
I had a few ideas:
Add some better stats for their archery, horse archery and riding.
Give the lancers a two-handed weapon option, maybe take Rhodoks two-handed hammers, or their glaive. Rhodoks could get the poleaxe (not in the beta, yet) which has longer reach than the glaive.

this issue has been discussed a lot. read some of the other topics...

but some of the ideas were increasing athletics and archery skills, like you said.

my argument? -- they're SUPPOSED to be ****ty without a horse. leave them.

Not to pounce on you too harshly, but furthermore a glaive or hammer would just look wrong in the hands of a khergit raider, as they are both very European weapons.  Give them a two-handed weapon, sure, but an axe would be more appropriate, realistically speaking.

They are fine its just nobody wants to come out and fight them, everyone rather just sit and hid in their base and wait. As of late more and more people seem to not want to fight in the open and one team usually just camps. Also more and more people are trying to go naked (even on horses), the game is starting to become not that fun to play really as its more of a hassle sometimes dealing with all the dumb people in game.

The way to win in any game.

Working together.

When you have everyone on a horse, everyone completely ignores teamwork. Having horse archers forces other teams to work together.

If you have proper tactics as a Khergit team, then you'll win.

ScientiaExcelsa said:
Not to pounce on you too harshly, but furthermore a glaive or hammer would just look wrong in the hands of a khergit raider, as they are both very European weapons.  Give them a two-handed weapon, sure, but an axe would be more appropriate, realistically speaking.

Well in fact the hammer designs in the game are fantasy weapons, real two-handed warhammers looked just like the small in the game but larger... and there are various eastern historical desgins for eastern glaive / warhammer equivalents. So it coud be done. They could get a bardiche too I guess, just so that they have a heavy two-handed weapon for the melees. And I want the pole-axe in multiplayer :grin:

It's not like they are worse, they aren't imo except for that they need better archery skills.
They need another unit type, the other factions have 3, Khergits needs an infantry unit or something else. Maybe light horse archers, heavy horse archers/light lancers and heavy lancers. Heavy lancers could be descent infantry units as well.

Attacksmurfen said:
It's not like they are worse, they aren't imo except for that they need better archery skills.
They need another unit type, the other factions have 3, Khergits needs an infantry unit or something else. Maybe light horse archers, heavy horse archers/light lancers and heavy lancers. Heavy lancers could be descent infantry units as well.

They have pretty good armor if your a lancer but the problem is that armor in this game doesn't really do all that much thats why you will see a lot of people just going naked now. You still get killed in one shot half the time with max armor on, so whats the point. Armor just needs a rework and they would be fine.

you spelled Khergits wrong.
By the way they rule just need proper leadership see if all horsemen follows one you can cause chaos when you shoot and a stamped when you ride ^^ just takes some thinking.

Z

Really, it's about the gear you can get, Kerghits doesn't have any two-handed weapons and no anti-armour ot anti-shield weapons. Except javelins which everybody have. It limts their capabilities in melees.

Yes as long as it doesn't comes to maps with too many hills/buildings where cavalry isn't adequate, Khergits rock. But they tend to run out from the city on that battle map and run around in their horses instead of actually defending the city. I usually am among the brave ones that likes the challenge and won't mine dying miserably while hopelessly defending the city, round after round. Only kids prefer to always be on the winning side.

Attacksmurfen said:
Yes as long as it doesn't comes to maps with too many hills/buildings where cavalry isn't adequate, Khergits rock. But they tend to run out from the city on that battle map and run around in their horses instead of actually defending the city. I usually am among the brave ones that likes the challenge and won't mine dying miserably while hopelessly defending the city, round after round. Only kids prefer to always be on the winning side.

Well as a dying hero/Champion i stand ground lmao this is what you do dismount them and bring a group into sniping area you know in the ruins the towers ^^

Wu-long said:
Attacksmurfen said:

Well as a dying hero/Champion i stand ground lmao this is what you do dismount them and bring a group into sniping area you know in the ruins the towers ^^

kerghits would own all if you could jump off your horse and ghost it into them lol.

I agree with the fact that Kergits are supposed to be sucky without horse, but why the hell did Rhodoks and Nords get horses then? they are supposed to be infantry factions, the way it is factions are not balanced.
Eather give Khergts infantry, make the horse archers and lancers more powerfull to compensate or remove horses from Rhodoks and Nords, just give factions the gear and troops they have in single player vanilla.

The way it is Khergit are the ***** faction, NO infantry, WEAK horses, WEAK archery skills and while i like to play the underdog from time to time (hell in single player vanilla i follow the khan) at least give me a fighting chance.

SacredDutchman said:
I agree with the fact that Kergits are supposed to be sucky without horse, but why the hell did Rhodoks and Nords get horses then? they are supposed to be infantry factions, the way it is factions are not balanced.
Eather give Khergts infantry, make the horse archers and lancers more powerfull to compensate or remove horses from Rhodoks and Nords, just give factions the gear and troops they have in single player vanilla.

The way it is Khergit are the ***** faction, NO infantry, WEAK horses, WEAK archery skills and while i like to play the underdog from time to time (hell in single player vanilla i follow the khan) at least give me a fighting chance.

i hear ya. the only problem is that kerghits are supposed to have FAST horses, not strong ones. they're supposed to flock shoot, and they're not supposed to have infantry...

but i'll agree that lancers need buffing, at least.

hey are fine its just nobody wants to come out and fight them, everyone rather just sit and hid in their base and wait. As of late more and more people seem to not want to fight in the open and one team usually just camps.

Well, fighting in the open against Khergit is suicide....

Also more and more people are trying to go naked (even on horses), the game is starting to become not that fun to play really as its more of a hassle sometimes dealing with all the dumb people in game.

Armor is expensive and worthless, also slows you down.  Once people start to learn that you'll see more and more naked people until it's fixed.

Not supposed to have infantry? Seriously  :shock:
Even mongol,hun,thanes,amazons, all these great horse riding nations had infantry now you tell me why shouldn't the khergits?

Wu-long said:
Not supposed to have infantry? Seriously  :shock:
Even mongol,hun,thanes,amazons, all these great horse riding nations had infantry now you tell me why shouldn't the khergits?

Yeah, that's true (assuming by Amazons you mean Scythians or Sarmatians or somesuch), but if we gave the Khergits "historically accurate" infantry they'd be so inferior that any given Swadian child would destroy them  :wink:.  Not that I'm against giving the Khergits an infantry option -- I'd like to see a versatile archer/spearman troop.  Give them war spears and a 2H weapon as well.  The military scythe, maybe?

Back
Top Bottom