Need More Info Just bought game and trying to play for first time - game crashes every single time after character created (regardless of details).

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
Multiple uploads already sent for past 3 days - this is just the latest one 2023-11-26_20.39.55_b6e359c76e97e0de9464efe9da7c40a0
Summary:
How to Reproduce: Trying to play unmodded game for first time (just bought it)
Have you used cheats and if so which: None
Scene Name (if related): Immediately character finished creation = never seen ANY gameplay at all!
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs: Alienware desktop that runs my other 100+ Steam games without any issues or crashes. Just bought Starfire and it runs fine
GPU: A good one TX 2070
GPU Driver Version:A good one
CPU:A good one
RAM:A good one
Motherboard:A good one
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):A good one

2023-11-26_20.39.55_b6e359c76e97e0de9464efe9da7c40a0

This is juts the latest one - I have uploaded the results from perhaps a dozen crashes - the game NEVER works from new install

All my other Steam games work fine - if the game cannot be used than I need a full refund please

This crash is a GPU crash. Which is different from the other crashes that can be caused by gameplay actions. While we are still investigating the issue there is not a definite fix that we can offer to support this issue at the moment. You can try the workaround below but please note that it is not a solid fix. Thanks for reporting. Sorry for any inconvenience.
A possible fix for RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE Crash
If you are crashing in the middle of the game with the “RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE” error, you can try the workaround below to fix it:
Expanding the swap size on your hard disk. You can find more info regarding this here.

It might be a old shader cache issue ? You need to clean out all shaders even the secret ones, as

"NVidia also keeps a shader cache located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\DXCache and %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\GLCache .."

So that's the ones in Steam as well as "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord"

Reload, reverify.

Back
Top Bottom