Joining a siege

Users who are viewing this thread

Fynnister

Recruit
Brand new to game, vassal of faction, at war with another faction, came up on castle with marshall and other lords near it. Hovered mouse over castle and it says (under siege). I talked to lords and marshall but didn't see option to join fight. How do I join if possible? Thank you for any help you can give me. If it is easily searched up on here, tell me to FO :grin:

There is a first phase in siege where attackers prepare ladder or siege tower and then the fight (Battle). You can only join when there is the Battle. While hovering the mouse on the town you will see it.

mb_warband%202014-04-27%2017-15-54-68%20(Copy).jpg

Fynnister said:
Brand new to game...
Welcome to the greatest PC game of all time! o7

Something also to keep in mind is that when you are attempting to answer the marshal's call to arms while the siege battle is in process, you can visit the commander before joining the next assault.

Thanks for the replies!

Another question:

I have a decent group, I'm currently vassal of Vaegir's, and we are currently at war with rhodoks. I've been doing well against their lords with similar size parties but can I initiate a siege on my own?

I was cruising by a castle and they have very few troops there, I think we could take it but... If I take it then lose it, will i lose a bunch of renoun? Also, when I get to the enemy castle, will there be a dialog to initiate siege on my own?

I guess I should just try it instead of asking here but appreciate any advice offered.

Fynnister said:
Thanks for the replies!

Another question:

I have a decent group, I'm currently vassal of Vaegir's, and we are currently at war with rhodoks. I've been doing well against their lords with similar size parties but can I initiate a siege on my own?

I was cruising by a castle and they have very few troops there, I think we could take it but... If I take it then lose it, will i lose a bunch of renoun? Also, when I get to the enemy castle, will there be a dialog to initiate siege on my own?

I guess I should just try it instead of asking here but appreciate any advice offered.

Yes, you can initiate a siege on your own. And yes, there will be options presented when you get to the enemy castle. As for losing renown, I have not noticed that to be the case.

Fynnister said:
Thanks for the replies!

Another question:

It really depends on how much more man you have also, sieging is quite complicated ( I don't understand it quite well btw ) but yes you can siege on your own, just like Gwrfelling said above... But be aware that it will take some time to build the ladder ( if it requires a siege tower be prepared to lose some men ) and the Rhodoks Counts will sure try to stop you.. if you see them coming you can just abandon your siege and run..

As for losing renown, you do not lose renown if you lose that castle, if you see a significant Rhodok force coming to take the castle back, just run and let them take the castle back.. they usually leave a small amount of garrison there ( they have to leave their own soldiers there, so the bigger they are the more they will leave there ) so you can try to take the castle again when they go away ( and if you still have a good force of men ), and in any case it's better to lose a castle than your liberty eh  :lol:

You never lose renown. And, by the way, renown allow you to have more troops (1 soldier per 20 renown).

As for strategy, it is the easiest way to take a fief after it has been taken, because garrison is weak.
But if you take it ans ask for it, you have to wait for the king to decide if he gives it to you or not. So if you garrison it and do not get it, you will lose the troops you put in.
And if you do not garrison it enough, it could be taken back.
(you may use saved game to go back )

Thanks again for more helpful replies!

I am enjoying this game even more than I had anticipated and am pleasantly surprised how friendly folks are on this forum.

@LeChat: thanks for reminding me not to leave too many troops, I have yet to be offered anything by king (other than vassalage) and honestly not too optimistic about his “generosity”.

It takes time in-game to see who’s who and I am discovering that King Yaroglek is kind of a douche lol. When I capture an enemy lord, I release them if they yield immediately. If they curse me or whine, I take them and wait for big money to let them go. However, most of the Vaegir lords throw it in my face and imply that I’m weak (and dumb) for releasing any enemies.

Regardless, super fun and the hours fly by in this one :razz:

Lady Rodwell said:
It really depends on how much more man you have also, sieging is quite complicated ( I don't understand it quite well btw ) but yes you can siege on your own, just like Gwrfelling said above... But be aware that it will take some time to build the ladder ( if it requires a siege tower be prepared to lose some men ) and the Rhodoks Counts will sure try to stop you.. if you see them coming you can just abandon your siege and run..

THIS is a great point! Thanks for the info. My Artimenner only has 4 engineering, what skill level is considered “fast” for a siege prep? I will keep an eye on what’s coming if I solo siege, thanks again for the help :grin:

Fynnister said:
Thanks again for more helpful replies!

I am enjoying this game even more than I had anticipated and am pleasantly surprised how friendly folks are on this forum.

@LeChat: thanks for reminding me not to leave too many troops, I have yet to be offered anything by king (other than vassalage) and honestly not too optimistic about his “generosity”.

It takes time in-game to see who’s who and I am discovering that King Yaroglek is kind of a douche lol. When I capture an enemy lord, I release them if they yield immediately. If they curse me or whine, I take them and wait for big money to let them go. However, most of the Vaegir lords throw it in my face and imply that I’m weak (and dumb) for releasing any enemies.

Yea I don't like King Yaroglek also, King Harlaus and King Graveth's my favorite..
It's quite hard to receive a fief, even when you're a male, but if you take it you have a great chance of receiving it ( some lords automatically choose to support you only cuz u have taken it ).. but if you don't have a good reputation with the king it makes things difficult anyway.

You can just wait in the castle instead of leaving your soldiers there, it's like the same thing cuz you stay there with them, and if the enemy siege the castle they will start a battle, that you can obviously join :smile:

And I also do the same you do, I never take prisoners ( this way I made quite a reputation with various lords around Calradia ) but somehow I never encountered someone that didn't like my decision, they just say it was a dangerous choice...

And you're welcome :grin:

Fynnister said:
Lady Rodwell said:

THIS is a great point! Thanks for the info. My Artimenner only has 4 engineering, what skill level is considered “fast” for a siege prep? I will keep an eye on what’s coming if I solo siege, thanks again for the help :grin:

The more the better !! Keep focusing on upgrading his engineering skill, but to keep it simple, with his current skill it takes 6 hours when constructing ladders and 66 hours when constructing a siege tower ( yes siege tower takes a long time ).

I really don't recommend you to siege a castle or town that requires a siege tower, not only cuz it takes a loooong time to build it, but when you start the battle you have a lot of disadvantage, so either you have 3x or even more than the castle/town garrison or you be prepared for a blood bath in your side..

Back
Top Bottom