Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Jesse is sexy.

Votes: 25 29.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

rockerjesse3 said:
Archevious said:
You know which one I voted jesse. :wink:

EDIT: And hey! You can't take full credit on the whole thing! Don't make me change my vote! :mad:
Heh heh.  Totally unintentional :wink:

And wait a sec since when are you the main coder  :shock:

:lol: I mean for the Siege pack.

Idea for practice mod: Allow players to respawn right where they fell (after 1 or 2 seconds or something). If you're practicing dueling with some guy, it can be annoying to respawn far away and have to keep running back to where you were. A server option perhaps? Worth trying.

rockerjesse3 said:
Daveus said:
Has the module system been released for warband? Can I ask how your making the server mods? I'm interested in doing a bit of tinkering myself.
Ask armagan for the server codes, the module system is included with it.

Cheers, I'll send the guy a PM now.

tylertfb said:
Idea for practice mod: Allow players to respawn right where they fell (after 1 or 2 seconds or something). If you're practicing dueling with some guy, it can be annoying to respawn far away and have to keep running back to where you were. A server option perhaps? Worth trying.
Respawning can be changed to 2 seconds (minimum) though server options, however... to respawn in the near exact same place is too hard coded in the game for me to change.  But I could alter the respawn locations to be generally near eachother in 1 place instead of spread out though the map.  :neutral:

Very cool idea.  I am in the process of throwing together a dueling oriented map just to goof around on.

I had the same issue trying to think of spawn points. I'm going to just have them all in a central area that would have the most 'activity' and then make the areas outside of that location an interesting journey to get there since you'll be taking a hike with your friend to duel there, and the winner is stuck alone.

Though, with a more populated map, I think you could have the main area have most of the spawn points and then add a few ones in the odd areas off to the side, that way people are spawning in different spots and can just play whoever is there.

Also some logistics like make sure the jousting arena is farther away then foot dueling areas since the people jousting will have horses, and archery butts are oriented away from the spawn area so they can get to the shooting areas quicker then running the length of the field.

Anyway, very cool mod with a great idea behind it :smile:

Reapy said:
Very cool idea.  I am in the process of throwing together a dueling oriented map just to goof around on.

1)I had the same issue trying to think of spawn points. I'm going to just have them all in a central area that would have the most 'activity' and then make the areas outside of that location an interesting journey to get there since you'll be taking a hike with your friend to duel there, and the winner is stuck alone.

2)Though, with a more populated map, I think you could have the main area have most of the spawn points and then add a few ones in the odd areas off to the side, that way people are spawning in different spots and can just play whoever is there.

3)Also some logistics like make sure the jousting arena is farther away then foot dueling areas since the people jousting will have horses, and archery butts are oriented away from the spawn area so they can get to the shooting areas quicker then running the length of the field.

4)Anyway, very cool mod with a great idea behind it :smile:

1) Yeah, the smaller arena with the small fence is for that. We had a long game of "Kill Arch for a prize" with Sinister and Voso, it was actually fun. hiding about the map. (Even if I sucked at it)

2)That's a good idea, one thing, that center arena is meant to be a large scale battle sort of thing as to my knowledge. To get the taste of battle, only with the practice stuff. :smile:

3)I think the jousting arena is a fine bit away, but farther by the dummies would be fine I think. And those archers need to learn to run and exercise!

4)Thank you, Jesse and I thought of it a long time back. But he did most of the work. :wink:

I will be editing the map later on, the archery butts will be placed around the dueling ring, the dummies placed a bit closer to the old position of the archery butts, the Jousting fence will remain the same. and spawn locations will be around the balance beam.

I would like to enforce some rules, violaters will be kicked, violate 5 times you will be banned.

1). No attacking outside of the free for all arena unless it is with a partner in which case you must either go to the dueling ring, or go into the open deathmatch field, or stay away from other locations.

2). Cavalry/Archers cannot attack infantry unless they are in the open deathmatch field (the one with fallen trees), or in the death match arena.

3). Infantry/Archers are not allowed very close to the jousting fence.

4). You are allowed 10 dummys.  (Be honest)

5). Pick up your arrows when you are done with an archery butt.

6). People in the booths watching the death match ring or dueling ring may not attack from them or in them.

7). You can't block other people off from the balance beam by standing at the top and kicking.

8 ). You can't attack people randomly unless they are in the deathmatch zones.

The serve ris definately very fun, I had Socks decide that I was definately mentally defective several times, for lancing him while he was trying to explain the rules for a new tourney we were about to start. The jousting was especially fun. I hope to do it again some time in the future.

Hey Jesse. Thanks for creating this mod, now I don't have to go make a server myself. I was thinking of running a HOBOtraining camp server. Now, i do beleive that this shall suffice. Do you mind if scheduled training sessions are placed on your server?

Also, voted 3. You know why.

Feragorn said:
Hey Jesse. Thanks for creating this mod, now I don't have to go make a server myself. I was thinking of running a HOBOtraining camp server. Now, i do beleive that this shall suffice. Do you mind if scheduled training sessions are placed on your server?

Also, voted 3. You know why.
2 answers.

1). Of course.
2). Of course.

Back
Top Bottom