JecNES- The Change Years *Turn 7*

Users who are viewing this thread

It's a start. Besides, there's a lot more farming going on since people have to grow their own food so population levels won't be nearly as large as Pre-Change levels.

Jec94227 said:
It's a start. Besides, there's a lot more farming going on since people have to grow their own food so population levels won't be nearly as large as Pre-Change levels.

That's what I'm worried about :wink:. We can't even occupy Ontario as it is. Leave Toronto for an hour and you're exploring worlds no one has ever seen before.

Well maybe not but it's pretty sparsely populated.

well, I think you are just going to have to plop down a map Jec, and then we put down some pushpins. It could be entirely fictional for all that I care. BTW I love making fictional maps  :wink: In the mean time...

So I take it you would like to make a map?

I do have a map of Europe circa Charlemage on the first page it you think that would do. Also, I threw up an example of what a country could look like, feel free to improve upon it with your own, as well as a couple of sample troops.

Ask yourself how many settlements a player might end up having, then determine how many people there will be in these settlements. That should be the measure of scale for the map. I realize that the population will be sparse, but people don't spread out unless they have a reason to. Meaning there will be areas of decent settlement, and areas of total wilderness. Considering we start out with 1000 people,  I suggest something smaller, like the size of Britain at most, otherwise we will be whole nations apart, and traveling a quarter-continent to take over a village, or even trade with it, seems like a waste of time when there is so much free land.

As I said, I would only be interested in making a map if its a fantasy map, but given the setting, that sounds dubious. Making true to life maps is difficult.

Actually, British Isles make more sense. Thanks, my scale is a little off when it comes to stuff like this.
Anyways, found a pretty much blank map of the Bristish Isles including a scale pretty easily. I'll put it up and everyone can take a look

myspot.jpg

I'll do the rest of it later, I've G2G for dinner.

shepherd-c-049-1.jpg
Devercia
Name of Country: The Republic of Snowdonia
Leader: Dafyd Price, former Police Detective
Second in Command: Cedric Lewys, former Mechanical Engineer
Settlements/Population:Cryftwr 1000
Settlements/Production:Cryftwr/10/5/2/2/0/2
Stockpiles: 10F/15TP/2MS/2CS/2L/5GG
Country History: After the change and the chaos that followed, the primary focus of the Snowdonia is to maintain and reconstruct civilization for its own sake. The lowest level of government is fused with the economy. Aldermen represent diversified familial economic units called co-ops, manage their production, and their trade with other familial units. Co-ops are made up of private land owners that have a share in the whole co-op.  Mid level Government is primarily concerned about justice and electing representatives who vote in the dictator. The highest level of government controls the military and foreign policy. It is largely divorced from trade and law. Occasionally, the dictator will appeal for the completion of projects to be undertaken by Aldermen and their co-ops. With in the past, this has been mostly the production of grain and saw mills, and water powered industrial machines. The local abundance of running water and minerals and lack of good farmland has promoted an industrialized economy focused on producing the tools so often rare after The Change.
Country Military Style: A combination of police paramilitary structure mixed with a local knack for mechanics produced an well armored military made up of crossbowmen, infantry equipped not unlike riot police, and mounted patrolmen. The military and law enforcement are made up of the same body and are a professional force.

Rangers: Professional mounted patrolmen. Armed with a lightlance, net, kiteshield and an oaken club with exposed screw points. Armored in brigindine, greaves, and full helms.
Cost?
Upkeep?

Enforcers: Professional crowd control. Armed with oaken club with exposed screw points, spears and a large tower shield. Armored with halfhelms, brigindine, with plate on the arms and thighs.
Cost?
Upkeep?

Crossbowmen: Part-time Reserves. Armed with a crossbow, club, and a very small pavice. Armored with a halfhelm and a jack with jack chains.
Cost?
Upkeep?

Just passing by to say that I haven't read one single post in this thread, I don't have the slightest idea of what the title is talking about, and I hate every single one of you posting before me.

P.S. I hate the thread too.

Ambalon said:
Just passing by to say that I haven't read one single post in this thread, I don't have the slightest idea of what the title is talking about, and I hate every single one of you posting before me.

P.S. I hate the thread too.

Damnit Ambalon, you're a loose cannon, turn in your weapons.

Back
Top Bottom