Items in the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Talesman

Recruit
I don't know if someone have find out everything this, but I wrote it for those who didn't know it.
First of all will have to open file Dataitem_kinds1.txt
We see here all items in the game, that we can use.

The first word - the name of teh object in the game.
The second word - the type of the object.
The third data is a number, I don't know what is it, as far as the second, third and fourth one. You will not need it.
The Fifth number is the PRISE of teh object. Don't make it to low :smile:
The sixth is based on an object type (armor for horses for example);
The seventh number is the abilities of an item.
The next things don't tuch.

How to add an object to the game:
Remeber - always add objects to the end of the file, becouse all your items in the game will be changed, after adding to the top or to the middle of the file.

For example you want to add an item, like donkey to the game:
1. You write donkey to the end and press "space"
2. You write a type of object (in our case it'll be sumpter_horse) and press "space"
3. You copy 4 next numbers from alike object (in our case 4096 0 128 3) press "space"
4. You enter the prise in decimal and press "space" (70 denars would be enough)
5. You enter the armor*256 (if you want armor 4 you have 4*256=1024) and "space"
6. The abilities is in 256 metric system of count. At first increases riding skill needed for horse. The next increases speed of the horse. The next is manuver and charge at last.
How to add skills
Example
You need for donkey
speed 2
manuever 2
charge 1
riding skill 0

Thats gone be the next number :
((speed+256)*256+manuever)*256+riding_skill

After that you'll get the number to enter the file.
I haven't found out the formula to change the charge yet, but I hope I'll get it soon.

I think that all other items are encoded in the same way.

P.S. : I'm sorry for my English, but I have only school knowledge base of English.
P.P.S: iF you'll have any questions, so ask about.

We already have the information to do that.. including charge. Check out the "mod info: items" thread. Most of the information has been deciphered.

Its much easier if you just put the flag line into wincalc and hit either hex, oct or bin depending on the type of information it stores.

Back
Top Bottom