Is there still any MP dev checking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Here's a crazy thought: perhaps people have abandoned BL MP for Chiv2 not because of its combat system but rather... Maybe they want to actually play the game, rather than have the game play itself? Or that they are sick and tired of constantly playing weak units that are incapable of fighting back?
The fact you think this is why people don't play just proves you're deluded.

The fact you think this is why people don't play just proves you're deluded.
I mean, I'd the strongest units go up against the absolute bottom of the barrel of the roster, the people playing the strong units can just turn their brains off and still win. You just want the steamroller to keep rolling nonstop

I mean, I'd the strongest units go up against the absolute bottom of the barrel of the roster, the people playing the strong units can just turn their brains off and still win. You just want the steamroller to keep rolling nonstop
Even the strongest unit can only take a few hits from the weakest. The deciding factors of a duel are 50% player skill, 30% class pick and 20% random chance/others getting involved.

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
Waltz 3/4 is astronomically criminally underrated and underused

Yeah. All Native can expect is stagnation until death, but no, I disagree that it will die without native support. Warband didn't have native MP support and it survived for the duration of Bannerlord's development even. Me and my friends and my clan played Warband for at least 8 years, with quite the quantity of other clans and players.
Most of us were waiting on Bannerlord, knowing it was "close" and had hopes that it would get more love and care than Warband did. It didnt, and most of those clans either didnt form for Bannerlord, or started caring about as much as the game deserved.
For EU atleast most of the clans simply stopped playing and moved onto other games. Players with 5000+ hours stopped because theres no point in supporting a game where the developers think the multiplayer doesnt matter.

At this point I agree with the people saying Bannerlord shouldnt have multiplayer. It wouldve been better to not develop it at all if you're gonna half ass it and not put enough resources to make it actually work.
The game itself is still....fine in my opinion. Its all the things surrounding it that destroys it. I wont speak for the combat because that'd take 100 pages but....

- Servers are finally now stable, but matchmaking killed queing for games completely, so you have to find community servers to play. That big PLAY button? Useless.
- Clan system was a nice enough idea, but overall pointless. Scoreboard for clan matches irrelevant, nobody uses those servers for matches anymore because they implimentation is so basic it physically hurts. In fact now its annoying because in matches, people are part of one clan, but playing for another. So the clantags dont mix. Profiles would be nice to fix this.
- The cosmetic system is incredibly poor and it takes hours and hours and hours of gameplay to grind out basic equipment.
I've bought 1 item (the peasant tunic that was bugged so when you crouched, you saw your own ass) because it was funny.
With this gold that I've gotten in 97 levels I could buy equipment for maybe 3 classes... Thats pitiful. The cosmetic system might aswell not exist. The best way of getting loot was playing skirmish, which you can no longer do because its dead.

But most of all, a lack of updates. No new maps, no new gamemodes, no factions (this I understand but still) basically no patches, the spectator they added is incredibly broken, after being in the game for months and months and months. The animation we got added was the female walking, when weapon swings are far more broke--

I'll stop my rant here. So many things that could be fixed. But soon I can taunt people I kill, along with corpsekicking and tbagging them. Obviously this is what the community cried out for.

If TaleWorlds were able to see the content of this thread, they would realize that it's crucial for them to make a statement regarding their multiplayer plans. Players can't anticipate the future.

Last edited:
If TaleWorlds were able to see the content of this thread, they would realize that it's crucial for them to make a statement regarding their multiplayer plans. Players can't anticipate the future.
Here is your statement bro.
Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Pretty sure the problems currently in MP are "working as intended"

Most of us were waiting on Bannerlord, knowing it was "close" and had hopes that it would get more love and care than Warband did. It didnt, and most of those clans either didnt form for Bannerlord, or started caring about as much as the game deserved.
For EU atleast most of the clans simply stopped playing and moved onto other games. Players with 5000+ hours stopped because theres no point in supporting a game where the developers think the multiplayer doesnt matter.

At this point I agree with the people saying Bannerlord shouldnt have multiplayer. It wouldve been better to not develop it at all if you're gonna half ass it and not put enough resources to make it actually work.
The game itself is still....fine in my opinion. Its all the things surrounding it that destroys it. I wont speak for the combat because that'd take 100 pages but....

- Servers are finally now stable, but matchmaking killed queing for games completely, so you have to find community servers to play. That big PLAY button? Useless.
- Clan system was a nice enough idea, but overall pointless. Scoreboard for clan matches irrelevant, nobody uses those servers for matches anymore because they implimentation is so basic it physically hurts. In fact now its annoying because in matches, people are part of one clan, but playing for another. So the clantags dont mix. Profiles would be nice to fix this.
- The cosmetic system is incredibly poor and it takes hours and hours and hours of gameplay to grind out basic equipment.
I've bought 1 item (the peasant tunic that was bugged so when you crouched, you saw your own ass) because it was funny.
With this gold that I've gotten in 97 levels I could buy equipment for maybe 3 classes... Thats pitiful. The cosmetic system might aswell not exist. The best way of getting loot was playing skirmish, which you can no longer do because its dead.

But most of all, a lack of updates. No new maps, no new gamemodes, no factions (this I understand but still) basically no patches, the spectator they added is incredibly broken, after being in the game for months and months and months. The animation we got added was the female walking, when weapon swings are far more broke--

I'll stop my rant here. So many things that could be fixed. But soon I can taunt people I kill, along with corpsekicking and tbagging them. Obviously this is what the community cried out for.

Should not have developed in hindsight is something different to telling TW to pull the plug on MP and shut it down as in a permanent kind of way.

Yes, many of the things u said were issues we all dread off. But at least mods can give me the small satisfaction of the game left.

Should not have developed in hindsight is something different to telling TW to pull the plug on MP and shut it down as in a permanent kind of way.

Yes, many of the things u said were issues we all dread off. But at least mods can give me the small satisfaction of the game left.
Agreed. Just dont think theres a future without developer participation.

Back
Top Bottom