Is there glory in joining a faction and conquering for that faction or...

Users who are viewing this thread

...is all the fun in creating your own and conquering that way?

I have yet to do either in its entirety and I can't decide which is more fun.

What say you?

Both can be fun. Sometimes it's nice to leave the governing to someone else and concentrate on stirring up trouble, other times having a whole country at your beck and call is totally awesome.

Yeah I agree...both are fun in their own ways.  Each game I start I say "Okay...this game I will finish."

Then nope...have a craving to be Nords again and start a new one or go back to an old save.

I agree: do both!  Once Calradia's conquered, there's not much else to do with that playthrough, so start another and conquer Calradia again!

You could conquer it on behalf of a claimant to the throne of one of the factions, or as a loyal vassal of a faction, or on your own behalf.  I actually set myself a challenge to conquer Calradia as a loyal vassal to each of the factions, using only faction troops; I've done 4 out of the 6 so far.

Yes Josie, when I start out in the game and choose which faction to start in... I only ever get that factions troops as part of a loyalty program :smile:

Sometimes I'll chuck locals into my castle garrison but my army will 100% 'my faction' + companions.

Whether or not you're a role player. Assign class specific play styles. Assign faction specific play styles. Befriend groups of lords and make them your warlord parties. Choose to destroy castles towns villages or bandits. The opposite establish sustIned communities doing quests and business relations.

You will find you can play five characters five ways and still want to make a new style.

the hardest style i ever came up with was a female character with minimal strength/con/agility and no weapon skills, who only wore a dress and carried no weapons but a dagger, and relied entirely on troops to protect her. that game was friggin hard.

Well, I just stay as honorable as I can while building up my army for a rebellion though, as I see this as the most justifiable cause for an uprising and to assume power as King.
(e.g. Requesting for the castle to be awarded to you but the current King gave it to another Lord instead of giving it to you.)

This would all happen at 'late game(???)' though, as long as you stayed honorable all throughout the game you would have 'unknown Lords' have 50+ Relation status with you, allowing an easy "diplomatic" conversion of vassal Lords to your kingdom, resulting to the transfer of their fiefs into the control of your Kingdom.

Definitely both! I'm currently working on fighting for a faction. I like being able to go around slaughtering and conquering my enemies while someone else does the leadership part for me. I think I'll also follow the idea of fighting under each faction at least once, so far with me being with Khergit we've almost completely conquered Swadia.

Oh, and also eventually conquering everything as a female player, too. Very first day I got this game, played female, got annoyed over the fact no matter how large and powerful my army grew, the lords still saw me as a silly girl. One day I'll have patience to finish a game as a female.

It's not random, it a set multiplier of positive relations for every x number of honor you have (I'm afraid I don't know the exact calculation).

But basically, just be honorable and the more you become the better your relations will be with honorable lords (even those you've never met).

Phalnax811 said:
On honor...quick question...

How high does it have to be to start randomly increasing your relationship with most (honorable) Lords?

I think at 40 all the honorable lords will love you. It starts earlier though with some lords. I think because of previous good relations. 

Ivan Khan said:
Phalnax811 said:

How high does it have to be to start randomly increasing your relationship with most (honorable) Lords?

I think at 40 all the honorable lords will love you. It starts earlier though with some lords. I think because of previous good relations. 

Word, gracias...I love when I stumble upon Farmers needing help or a random village infested. Easy XP, relations and honor.

Been rescuing POW Lords as of late (when there isn't that bug turning them against me).

Phalnax811 said:
Word, gracias...I love when I stumble upon Farmers needing help or a random village infested. Easy XP, relations and honor.

Been rescuing POW Lords as of late (when there isn't that bug turning them against me).

I also release most of the lords I capture. You can tell by what they say if they will like you for it or not. Though you get the honor bump even with releasing the lords who will hate you for it.

Phalnax811 said:
Ivan Khan said:
Phalnax811 said:

I think that "bug" is triggered if you attempt to break them out of jail when their health is less than 10%.  I notice that their relatives (wives) won't even give you a "rescue or ransom prisoner" quest if their health is too low.

They're both definitely fun, but I do find making my own kingdom to be more fun. However, with the file I am playing in now, I plan to help Swadia take over Calradia, and then betray them, conquering the entire map again.

I just made my first kingdom and its really fun and challenging for me but I enjoy challenges. I started of at wercheng since the nords where already in a two front war.

The_Monster56 said:
I just made my first kingdom and its really fun and challenging for me but I enjoy challenges. I started of at wercheng since the nords where already in a two front war.

I want to take that city as my starter city in the game but there are 300 guards right now.  I'm hoping the Vaegirs will siege...leave a small garrison (win or lose) and then I can take it.  Just playing a waiting game and getting my party size up (106).

Back
Top Bottom