Is there a way to remap the in-battle voice cues for 'Archers!' and such?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sibilance

Knight at Arms
I've stubbornly stuck to the oldschool M&B number row layout of 1 for Everyone, 2 for Infantry, et cetera. However, triggering these binds still yields POP's 'Infantry!' on 1, 'Archers!' on 2, and so forth. It's a wee little zany bug that I'd like to quash. I like to laugh it away by thinking it's some clever psychological warfare to misdirect our foes about my battleplan, but I'd much rather get it working properly than continue to hang a lampshade over a key aspect of my battles.

Look up for the .ogg files and rename them accordingly. That´s probably the easiest way to as you don´t have to seriously meddle with the occult.

So rename the "Infantry" call to "Archers1m.ogg", same to the Archers .ogg files to Cavalry1/2/3m.ogg, and so forth? That would be a partial solution, I suppose, but I'd be stuck without a keybind for "Cavalry" on 4 or "Everyone" on 1. What's the occult option, decompile the mod and fiddle with the code? If it's a text tweak or something I might be capable of pulling it off.

I would bet I'm not the only one with this admittedly self-imposed problem. Maybe I should just get with the binds of the times... :???:

Renaming is most likely the easiest solution, given that people like to customize such things greatly and hence tweaking .txt´s or decompiling won´t suffice.

However, this was totally Fawzia´s playground. If you search through her postings or apply a creative search you´ll most likely find an answer to your question as she has responded to similar problems in the past. Though if I remember correctly, renaming the files was her suggestion for a quick and easy fix.

Back
Top Bottom