Is there a level cap where if you go over it weird things happen to the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Does Bannerlord have a "Level 63" effect, and if so when does it happen?

I just loaded a new mod that effects the leveling curves and I guess one of its effects is it retroactively adjusts the current levels to match accumulated xp, so it made one of my high level companions shoot up to level 125! I'm wondering if that will break the game

Well, my game didn't break instantly, but I uninstalled the mod anyway. It made the leveling curve way too linear to the point that it feels cheaty. That level 125 guy can still level up even higher because he only needs 105K xp to get to level 126 and with 302 riding, he only needs around 3500 xp for another skill point. Mod author recommended using with a new game, so I guess its my fault

I was just looking for a modest improvement in the leveling curves to make it feel more satisfying but this mod was way over the top. I guess I just have to stick to the XP multiplier in Bannerlord Tweaks, which is great but it doesn't affect companions, who are the ones that really need it.

Last edited:
Maybe you could try to edit the value with a save editor or a mod like export/import MC, I heard weird things happens if you go beyond 1000+, but 350 in each skills should be fine imo.

Does Bannerlord have a "Level 63"
Yes I think, not sure what happened in warband but at 63 it breaks in bannerlord, the total xp required for level 63 exceeds the maximum value an integer can hold and so the required xp makes no sense from that point onwards.

Very easy to fix for the devs, could be fixed by a mod, just change from int to long int.

level 125
The mod author must have calculated more than vanilla. The game calculates required xp for levels 0-100. Unless you have a mod that keeps you from reaching 100 (or calculates for higher levels) you will crash since there is no safeguard against checking the required xp for level 101 which causes a crash due to an out of range exception (Also very easily fixable by devs/mod).

I was just looking for a modest improvement in the leveling curves to make it feel more satisfying but this mod was way over the top. I guess I just have to stick to the XP multiplier in Bannerlord Tweaks, which is great but it doesn't affect companions, who are the ones that really need it.

Custom Character Development. You can easily adjust the expressions for character/skill levels in game using mcm or set xp multipliers per skill/globally (affects all heroes).

Yes I think, not sure what happened in warband but at 63 it breaks in bannerlord, the total xp required for level 63 exceeds the maximum value an integer can hold and so the required xp makes no sense from that point onwards.

Very easy to fix for the devs, could be fixed by a mod, just change from int to long int.

The mod author must have calculated more than vanilla. The game calculates required xp for levels 0-100. Unless you have a mod that keeps you from reaching 100 (or calculates for higher levels) you will crash since there is no safeguard against checking the required xp for level 101 which causes a crash due to an out of range exception (Also very easily fixable by devs/mod).

Custom Character Development. You can easily adjust the expressions for character/skill levels in game using mcm or set xp multipliers per skill/globally (affects all heroes).

Thanks for the info. I tried your mod because it looked like exactly what I was looking for but it wasn't playing well with my setup. Does your mod require MCM 4.0.7? Some of the other mods I'm using recommended sticking with v3.1.9 because its supposed to be more stable and doesn't have its own requirements so I was a bit leery about updating it.

Yes it uses mcm 4.0.7. I only recently looked into mcm and decided it would be better start with the latest version rather than the soon to be replaced one since it should then work when v4 becomes standard.

Yes it uses mcm 4.0.7. I only recently looked into mcm and decided it would be better start with the latest version rather than the soon to be replaced one since it should then work when v4 becomes standard.
Well, I'm gonna try it again, since I think it was the older MCM that was causing the mod to crash on loading. I think it should be safe to use the newer MCM with mods that list the old one as their requirement, but I'll soon find out if I'm wrong.

*edit* Well, I guess I'm wrong. My game won't load with the newer MCM and its requirements. Damn shame

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom