Is the game in a good state atm?

Users who are viewing this thread

iElek

Recruit
Hey. I've been taking a break from the game for a few months now because it had alot of issues. I last played it at ~ April.

Do you think the game is in a good state for me & other players to come back? Or should I wait it out a bit more?

If you're only interested in playing a ton of 3 minute battles then yes it's fun. If you want more than that; wait.

I noticed they released Beta Hotfix (e1.4.3 - 06/08/20) etc. etc.

But my game on steam doesn't auto update to this version. When I launch the game it still reads e1.4.2.236056

Why is that?

But my game on steam doesn't auto update to this version. When I launch the game it still reads e1.4.2.236056

Why is that?
If you want to use the beta branch you have to select it in the betas tab of the game properties in steam library

Why is that?
You have to select the 1.4.3 beta version using the steam settings for the game.

Do you think the game is in a good state for me & other players to come back? Or should I wait it out a bit more?
I just started a new 143 campaing after a month break, after 30 mins I stopped again.

Edit: just to correct this, after few days I restarted and skipped tutorial, so still playing :smile:

Last edited:
Hey. I've been taking a break from the game for a few months now because it had alot of issues. I last played it at ~ April.

Play other games, Bannerlord may be worth playing when the mod tools are out. Modders > TW.

Unless you want to help with testing and bug report, hold on for a while longer. Coming from someone who is currently playing and having a blast while reporting bugs.

Hi man yeah it's in an AMAZING state. I mean, didn't you get that from all the positive posts? You must be super intelligent and inquisitive and all that stuff.

The beta branch is fun. I just switched to it. Add a few mods in and its getting better.

The sieges are going a little smoother. Units are climbing multiple ladders with siege towers, making them flood the walls. It still needs improvement as some get stuck around ladders still or drop off the walls still on defending side.

I think my pc is handling the game better now. There's still stuttering at times/fps drops but it has improved as well.

Do the beta branch or wait for it to hit next week or two.

Depends...

If you're OK with the snowballing, tons of missing features and mostly repetative gameplay - you're welcome.

If you'd like to see a bit more complex game with the so-called depth - then wait. And I suppose, you'll have to wait quite a time.

Yep, the game is pretty repetitive currently, but somehow It is still addictive. On the other hand, there is a huge margin for improvements.

Snowballing is still the biggest issue we have currently IMO. This issue is making most of campaigns not appealing after some years because usually Khuzaits have half of the map in 500 days and there is not much you can do about It, except if you have patience to fighting them 10000 times per day.

Peace time should be a thing, but TW should also add more features to enjoy during peace times. Good thing is that It looks like there are nice things which are already confirmed to be added in Game which will improve it a lot.

For the moment, the game is pretty repetitive as Lesbosisles said.

Back
Top Bottom