Is it safe to assume Bannerlord will not be coming out this year?

Users who are viewing this thread

I just wish they would throw us a **** bone and tell us when it ISN'T coming out.  Like if they know it's not going to be ready in 2017 or by Summer of 2018 or whenever, they should just say "hey, we know for sure it won't be out by XYZ." That wouldn't corner them with a date they have to get it done by, and it would make the waiting process a whole lot less annoying for us.  Just tell us when its NOT coming out so we can all chill out for a while...

Looter said:
Well if one has a life they can continue functioning rather than agonizing over a video game's release date.
does living in ur workplace count as having life?
and ye they could atleast tell us when it is not coming out

Ahhh, come on guys, it does feel life like. Animations very life like. Many similar games but they failed because characters looked like poorly animated ,sliding poorly meshed characters. This probably why developers of Bannerlords is taking so long, making sure everything looks & FEELS life-like.

archaicwarrior said:
I'm amazed this game doesn't have a larger following, I mean M&B and it's mods are SO MUCH BETTER than any game I've played, even Total War. It has massive replayability. Game play is so life-like.

Warband is the 11th most sold game on steam, sold over 6 million copies and continues to do so. It has a big community, but people do not get involved in forums as much as other communities do.

What I do not understand is that how they dont turn into an AAA level massive studio after selling 6 million copies.

Anyways, if warband managed to sell 6 million copies I really wonder the potential of Bannerlord if they manage to do a good PR one month before the release.

yeah, they sould do more marketing. Everyone in youtube is talking about bannerlord, yet the marketing is very low. But I got a strange feeling that we're aproaching to a release date...

Horik6697 said:
yeah, they sould do more marketing. Everyone in youtube is talking about bannerlord, yet the marketing is very low. But I got a strange feeling that we're aproaching to a release date...

Please don't do that :sad:

KhergitLancer80 said:
What I do not understand is that how they dont turn into an AAA level massive studio after selling 6 million copies.

Anyways, if warband managed to sell 6 million copies I really wonder the potential of Bannerlord if they manage to do a good PR one month before the release.

1) Warband, before steam, was an unknown game.
2) By the time it got a huge audience, it was going on steam sales for 5-10 euros.
3) TW is Turkish, currency value is different
4) AAA level is nothing but a gimmick, most AAA games suck ass and work as a sucker for money for the main dev/publisher. I doubt the whole budget goes into the actual development.
5) TW is sitting on more than 6 million copies. Considering its the 11th game on steam as most sold, they must have more than 10 millions in the time of this post
6) TW paid external developers for expansions.

I agree with you on AAA games.
But if they dont loose their ambition they can end up like rockstar.
Can you give me the link ofthe list about most sold games ?
I am curious about the other games on the list  :razz:

KhergitLancer80 said:
I agree with you on AAA games.
But if they dont loose their ambition they can end up like rockstar.
Can you give me the link ofthe list about most sold games ?
I am curious about the other games on the list  :razz:

Looks like I was wrong, its not the 11th most sold, but 11th best rated. (12th now)

http://steam250.com/

Dest45 said:
If people stopped posting ironic reviews it would still be at 99%
I have seen some people -not for M&B though- giving negative and saying ''Why are you looking at negative comments just buy the game !''
idiots.

578 said:
Especially a game that has been in development for 7 years, the expenses for it, I imagine, are atrocious.

If you average each employee to a salary of £40k, then TaleWorlds are spending £2,760,000 every year, and £19,320,000 across seven years. That's just staffing costs mind you, and that's assuming equal salaries not exceeding £40k. A friend of mine works for a small independent software developer, and he's on a fairly respectable £30k, so I suspect I'm not too far out.

The longer they take, then the more it will obviously cost, and again that's without factoring in any other development expenses. They may have money to burn, but I'd be surprised if they didn't want to get the product out sooner rather than later. Money spent without any money earned, is generally not something you want to happen to your business, particularly for an extended period of time!

Nordmann said:
578 said:
Especially a game that has been in development for 7 years, the expenses for it, I imagine, are atrocious.

If you average each employee to a salary of £40k, then TaleWorlds are spending £2,760,000 every year, and £19,320,000 across seven years. That's just staffing costs mind you, and that's assuming equal salaries not exceeding £40k. A friend of mine works for a small independent software developer, and he's on a fairly respectable £30k, so I suspect I'm not too far out.

The longer they take, then the more it will obviously cost, and again that's without factoring in any other development expenses. They may have money to burn, but I'd be surprised if they didn't want to get the product out sooner rather than later. Money spent without any money earned, is generally not something you want to happen to your business, particularly for an extended period of time!

Like Kehlian said, they get money from the goverment (but we dont know how much).

Also, I remember watching a video about a tour in taleworld's studio and how they said they hire a ****load of interns that just graduated school to work at taleworlds for free.

Kehlian said:
I thought they got governement subsides, so money isn't an issue for them at all, is it ?

http://m.dw.com/en/political-checkmate-for-turkeys-game-developers/a-19486670

This was the only article I found that said that taleworlds gets money from the goverment. Apparently there is a goverment program to promote game developement in turkey so basically everyone is getting money of they start video games.

They didnt say how much money they are getting.

I doubt they get the entire salaries or game funded by the government. It will most likely be only a small percent of the actual costs, to encourage game development. Not, Lets say, make people who just started a game dev company toch for doing nothing.

And they do take in interns, from the college campus they are located on. With cut costs but could increase development time. (Perhaps lesser quality and having to redo alot of things)

Back
Top Bottom