Is it safe to assume Bannerlord will not be coming out this year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Last touches come into play when you have almost finished something. If you haven't added voice-overs or quests or worse, text blurbs(the things good HUMMAN mentions and I very much share as thoughts), you haven't finished ****.

Of course, this is all speculations, but as I think I have said before, if the game was even in a beta state(what dear Mr. Erkin referred to as 'some sort of form'), they'd release it. There's a fan base and lost of hype already, TW would make money and have their beta-testers for free, as a side dish.

Howard P. Lovecraft said:
Last touches come into play when you have almost finished something. If you haven't added voice-overs or quests or worse, text blurbs(the things good HUMMAN mentions and I very much share as thoughts), you haven't finished ****.

Of course, this is all speculations, but as I think I have said before, if the game was even in a beta state(what dear Mr. Erkin referred to as 'some sort of form'), they'd release it. There's a fan base and lost of hype already, TW would make money and have their beta-testers for free, as a side dish.

Armagan is to jealous to share it with us :sad:

Btw, do you know how software development process works? Quests, GUI, voice lines and stuff like that are, for sure, last touches and you can have a fully functioning game without all of these. In other hand, game engine, models, A.I., animations, diplomatic settings and variables are the most urgent part of the game, without it we don't have a game.

I believe most of the work time goes to trial and error on balance, adding mechanics,removing them etc. It is like writing a book, real work is not words but plots, structure etc. So editing is relatively easy.  Assuming from captain mode videos game is on editing phase.

do we even know if TaleWorlds has finalized their feature list? Not the list on their website, just TaleWorlds knowing what they want in the game and what will end up in the game.

Laat year they still weren’t sure, are they now? If not we still have a ways to go.
2019 might just be the year.

I am not a betting man and I am also at the end of MY Development cycle, most of my army supply is finalized and will disembark on my horse/ship any day now on my journey to Turkey and will lay siege to Taleworld HQ, lets see how long they can holdout before I breach and rush all my mighty Cavalry on to one siege tower and storm their HQ.

The relatively new development learning process of Taleworlds, mixed with the endless cycle of polishing will make this game come out in 2019 to say the least. I do not expect it to come out in 2018 to be quite honest.

Most likely the game will be released in 2019 or in the first quarter of 2020. :meh:

Also, there is a possibility that the development will be delayed for an even longer period and the game will be decided again :iamamoron:

I'm sticking by a September-ish 2018 10th anniversary of M&B for Bannerlord's release, at the latest. I mean would they miss that opportunity, a decade since it all began? Will it be such a big deal to them? It's hard to say. Assuming it's ready of course.

The thing is that TW prefers silence towards the whole release date discussions. I DOUBT that they dont have an estimated release. Callum said, regarding Erkin's comments back in april/may 2016, that a lot has changed since then. We are closing to one year of development since their whole 'playable in some form' plan. One year is a lot of development. They are trapped in a circle of polishing and being too ambitious in my opinion, and here we sit, with half-baked blogs for another year. We have seen 3 factions, we still have: Sturgia, 3 empires and Aserai to see. Considering we get a faction blog per month, thats 5 months of no release or talk about into the future. The game will not come in 2018, I highly doubt it.

Released_or_Not.jpg

Also anybody remembers this meme?:

"Armağan said that "We cannot give any release date, we will release when we will be happy about the game. But most of the game is done, we are finishing details." Armağan also mentioned that there are some advanced formations, such as lining and "making a circle". This is a new info i think.
  Translated by Varrak, more or less 5 months back.

Callum said that they are going to overhaul the main map, before a few days. Finishing touches my ass.

They are overhauling the map again? I thought they just did that. Ofcourse it is in development and everything can change, but I doubt the recent map (the one with oxhal) would need much improvement. Atleast improvements warranting a complete overhaul.

Things like the Town names in the coloured banners and textures improvemend would be done as tweaks and fixes not an entire overhaul. Unless we have taken the overhaul out of porportion and it was loosly translated. I don’t want to insult a forum member for saying he did a **** job at translating, I think we all appreciate it. But sometimes words get mixed up.

I feel bad for anyone who upgraded their PC in '15/'16 thinking this game was around the corner. I'm guessing we'll have more lore, interview, and game feature blogs until PC Gamer Weekender in mid February where Taleworlds will make a bigger announcement. I'm personally hoping for videos in the upcoming blogs, but we may not have any until the Weekender. Taleworlds didn't go last year but i'd be surprised if they skipped this time.

BayBear said:
I feel bad for anyone who upgraded their PC in '15/'16 thinking this game was around the corner. I'm guessing we'll have more lore, interview, and game feature blogs until PC Gamer Weekender in mid February where Taleworlds will make a bigger announcement. I'm personally hoping for videos in the upcoming blogs, but we may not have any until the Weekender. Taleworlds didn't go last year but i'd be surprised if they skipped this time.

Thank god Im still waiting for talesworlds to drop a release date before I finally have an excuse to upgrade my pc.

In any case, we should probably expect nothing more than a 1 minute video of some people swing swords at each other. so we dont hype ourselves up into dissapointment.

lolbash said:
BayBear said:

Thank god Im still waiting for talesworlds to drop a release date before I finally have an excuse to upgrade my pc.

In any case, we should probably expect nothing more than a 1 minute video of some people swing swords at each other. so we dont hype ourselves up into dissapointment.

Well they did drop a "release date" back in 2016, they said the game would be delivered to players by the end of the year, so I'd not be surprised some (only a few) people upgraded their specs for the upcomming, only to find now that it might be a bit under the actual recommended (with all the graphical improvements there were in the meantime, and will come if the game isn't out in 201:cool:.

I agree with you on the not hyping people, though

Sooner or later, they will have to bite the bullet and release it, whether it's 'ready' or not. It still boggles the mind that this was announced in 2012, and we're still no closer to a release date now than we were back then!

They might release it next year for a 10yr anniversary of Mount and Blade or 2020 for 10yr anniversary of warband, here's hoping we get something before the next E3/Gamescom.

In the early games(2005-:cool:, the vanilla Mount & Blade was released as a beta, like a test version. It sure had its problems(not nearly as many as current 'early access' titles, imo) and people bought it, played it and reported issues they were having, which were fixed in a given amount of time. It was a good tactic and I do believe that to an extent, the success this series had owes to that practice.

It seems that Bannerlord doesn't follow it, which is fine, on its own. But when you get each year statements that go somewhat like: "Yeah, the game is definitely playable and players will play it sometime next year" and each following year passes not only without the game not released, but not a word or comment about the previous statement, and that tactic goes on for more than 4 years now, that's at least annoying. If your game(or ANY product, for that matter) is not ready, then don't say it nearly is, repeatedly. It makes you look bad.

That happened literally once. They said they wanted out in some form or another by the end of last year. Then they said that it wasn’t likely that was going to happen anymore and that was all that was said about it. Quit making **** up

Back
Top Bottom