MP Modern Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Windbusche said:
12e_Lawrence said:
Dude ur mod isnt coming this fricken winter if u dont already have models and what not. Good luck competing with fricken rig lelelelele
He's got plenty of models and various other things and it'll come out when it's ready.
im not talking about iron europe.

Update #20 Scopes, Grenades, In-game Screens
As promised, the 20th update is going to focus more on coding and in-game stuff instead of being a typical render update. Before we get to that, some more members of the Bear Force team have joined us. Welcome KArantukki and Peppe019 to the team. They are both very experienced and will definitely speed up development.

Coding
Alright, now let's talk about coding. As most of you know, DanyEle joined the team some time ago. With Azrooh's help and his older work, he's been able to implement some really cool stuff. Before we get to that, I mentioned last update that we have most of our models in-game. I've gotten some screenshots of a couple implemented weapons.
Melee
clubsingame_zpsff5d470d.png

knivesingame_zps59828f0b.png
Guns
modeleingame_zpsc51ab65f.png

rubyingame_zps45394d58.png

gewehr98ingame_zps7b87953a.png

k98azingame_zps7ba2021f.png
We are aware that there are still a bunch of issues. For example, helmet shininess, Gewehr 98 sight, sizing, etc. We will work on correcting these overtime, don't worry.

Now onto the features that DanyEle has been working on.

Shooting System: We have a new system created by Azrooh. We've been hesitant to show it earlier due to some bugs, but with DanyEle joining the team, they were quickly fixed. It's more similar to what you use in typical shooter games, right click to aim and left click to shoot. You might've also seen this system in Bear Force II. We have several different kinds of weapons that load differently. For example, the Lebel is tube fed so loads cartridges individually while the Gewehr loads with stripper clips. As well, we have new sounds, from DiplexHeated, and new animations from Peppe019, to bring these weapons to life.

Scopes: We have a sniper class that spawns in with a scope. As you expect, when aiming, it allows you to zoom with a cross hair effect, similar to how spyglasses work. Like the bayonet, it is a separate, toggable, item in your inventory. The scope effect was made by Peppe019.

Bleeding and Bandaging: When you take a certain amount of damage, you start bleeding slowly. Some of you who've played Secession may recognize this feature. It's been adapted to NW by Dany. Of course, there are also bandages. When a bleeding person is hit by one, the bleeding stops.

Whistles and Binoculars: Simple stuff. They work the same way instruments and spyglasses work in NW. Whistle sound from Diplex and binocular effect from Peppe019.

Grenades: We finally have grenades. These will be carried by French and German assault troops. We have both ones with fuses and the more dangerous percussion ones. As well, there's a concentrated charge which was made by bundling the heads of several stick grenades together.

See these things in action here:

Renders
Of course, work on models and textures have continued. Peppe019, one of our new artists, gave the Stalhlelm, created by Hampus Norlander,  a make over and created the Stirnpanzer Browplate as well.
stalhlelm_zps33d738e5.png

stalhlelmwithsturmpanzer_zps7101bd3d.png

Now, you saw a very brief glimpse of one of our grenades in the video. Here are a couple more we've made.
Stielhandgranate and Concentrated Charge(Geballte Ladung) by Austro.
germangrenades_zps72c85e43.png

F1 Grenade by Rigadoon. P1 Grenade modeled by Bsnott and textured by Rigadoon.
FrenchGrenades_zps2b696111.png

What's Next?
The mod is in a playable state but not yet ready for a release. We've started to talk about testing but don't get your hopes up. It's not going to be a public testing nor a large private testing. If you ask me to be part of the testing, I will never talk to you again.  :razz: In the meantime, you can expect a couple more updates that will give more and more information about the mod as we progress.

The unfiroms are very detailed, and so are the weapons. I'm really interested in how it will all look like when the mod comes out. You chose a good time period :wink: . Simply - can't wait.

Good luck to you guys! Great mod, i will surely check it out when it's released :smile:

Wow, this mod looks great! I really can't wait for it to come out but I know I will. I have a question, have you considered adding Picklhaubes? Or maybe some more early war uniforms, or cavalry? That is probably a lot to ask, I'm sorry, but those are some of the reasons I like there war, I will still play it, I don't expect you to do this. Thank you for your time, and keep coding!

Wismar said:
Although Pickelhaubes are the best thing ever invented Rig has already denied its' excistens in the mod.
Cavalry is not coming in the first release.

That is to be expected considering the mod is focusing mostly on the peak periods of trench warfare, namely 1916 onward.  Seeing how Pickelhauben stopped being used by combat troops in March to May 1916 (depending on the unit) it makes little sense to have them, just like cavalry that were non-existent in the west after 1914.  Besides, most troops stopped having the spike on their helmets by mid 1915 anyway, since it might give their presence to a sniper or artillery observer while moving around the trenches.

Update #21 Into the Trenches!
This update we take you into the battlefields that you'll be fighting on, demonstrating our trench system, deployable ammunition crates, and mortars.

Trenches
A lot of you have been wondering about the promised mapping module for some time now. I'm happy to say that we're close to finishing it. There are some bugs to work out and more props to add but we're getting there. You can now create very complex trenches, with small dugouts, mortar/mg positions, and even bunkers. As well, a ton of props have been added, allowing you to "decorate" your trenches with trench walls, duckboards, firesteps, phones, lamps, ammunition crates, barbed wire and more.

Keep in mind that this map is incomplete and will probably never be complete because it is just for demonstration.
nl8Lb.jpg

SXphr.jpg

cAzyR.jpg

4Sr4X.jpg

6ydGu.jpg

9Ch-V.jpg

nDYvd.jpg
Many props and textures are from Lucke189's WWI OSP and AndreusAs was generous enough to allow us to use his sandbags from his mod. Big thanks to them.

Renders
Here's a closer look at some barbed wire props that KArantukki created. These can be placed as scene props or constructed by engineers.
pBM5Y.png

As well, you may have recognized the French 58mm Mortar from previous updates. It is now complete and fully functional, capable of providing artillery support from the safety of a trench. This is the first artillery piece we've implemented and you can expect many more to come.
kOy2Q.png

Finally, KArantukki's ammo crates. Support troops can carry these around and deploy them when their comrades are low on ammunition. It will not be unlimited and further testing will be needed to determine how it should be limited.
WF6X2.png

Video
Now, to demonstrate the last two, is a quick video. Thanks to DanyEle for making it all work and Diplex for the amazing mortar sounds.

What's Next?
More news on the mapping module and more artillery is sure to come in the future. In other news, a couple aesthetic changes have been made. You now see more recoil in the firing animations and grenade smoke has been significantly reduced. Keep leaving us tips on how we can improve the mod. Thanks for checking out this update! Be sure to join our steam group, and watch us on ModDB.

Just a question but is this mod still alive ? I'm not that active anymore on Taleworlds but when I look to threads like this it has been a week
since somebody replied (moi :roll: ). Or is there an other finished ww1 mod which is still being plaid ? I would love to participate in a big 'over the top'
event :smile:

Back
Top Bottom