Inverse?

Users who are viewing this thread

I mean, sure, people may not like it, I don't, but it harms no one (except the mental health of those using Inverse  :fruity:). I don't see how Bannerlord having Inverse would make the game worse. If you do please tell me since I'd like to know why :smile:. It could also contribute to the debate.

ǝʇsɐɯɐN

? M said:
Gasset said:
If it has been for such a long time in Warband and no one complained about it
I've been complaining about it to anyone who would listen since like 2011 and I hope it's not in Bannerlord.

Will totally listen, really interested on what the 'modern day' thoughts on it are now!  Is it because of the weird bendy animations you can get out of it because you can turn with the direction of the swing easily?

My honest concern for bannerlord is the carry over of animation tom foolery from warband. I really liked the world before anyone figured it out but the cat is well out of the bag now.

? M said:
Gasset said:
I've been complaining about it to anyone who would listen since like 2011 and I hope it's not in Bannerlord.

I think people don't want it because when they fight vs inverse they're like "OMG THIS IS SO NATURAL, LIKE IMAGINE WALKING THE DIRECTION OF THE SWING MOVEMENT!!!" and then die because they notice how poor footwork they have. I don't think there's a genuine problem with inverse, I just think people don't like change or people being unique. Inverse is more fluid and should have been the standard way of playing with the "Normal attack direction" being a setting you could switch to. You'd probably disagree but you can't disagree how fluid and natural inverse is compared to normal.

Instead of "We don't want it for bannerlord" say "We want it standard for bannerlord so we can play the game how it's suppose to be played"

If inverse was implemented for Bannerlord, more people would use it knowing how natural it can be. Since people will now have time for change.

? M said:
Gasset said:
What exactly is wrong with, excluding the obvious speed bonus? I feel like inverted mouse movement is the most intuitive way to play the game.

Golradir said:
Fietta said:
I just think people don't like people being unique.
Is this how you see yourself?  :lol:

You-Are-My-Super-Special.png

m1tchell23 said:
Don't see how moving my mouse right to have my guy use his left arm is natural... Pretty sure that's unnatural
What are you talking about? By moving your mouse right you use your characters right hand to swing from left to right.

m1tchell23 said:
Weren said:
m1tchell23 said:
Don't see how moving my mouse right to have my guy use his left arm is natural... Pretty sure that's unnatural
What are you talking about? By moving your mouse right you use your characters right hand to swing from left to right.

The left to right swing is a right slash, Imagine wielding your sword on your right hand, pointing the point towards your left arm then swinging it right, that arm movement is the same as if you were to move your mouse right.

Fietta said:
The left to right swing is a right slash, Imagine wielding your sword on your right hand, pointing the point towards your left arm then swinging it right, that arm movement is the same as if you were to move your mouse right.
Only now this makes sense to me... I can't understand how I did not use this in my years of blading..

m1tchell23 said:
ok, imagine i say move your arm to the right (moving the mouse to the right). and then you move your arm to the left(left swing), you'd be an idiot =)

epRMYdM.png

Same with a warband "right" swing, the swing moves from the right side to the left, so you should move your mouse to the left instead of right so you move with the direction of the slash and not away. This is why Inverse should be standard, this effectively makes inverse natural and normal obscure.

Count Delinard said:
Fietta said:
Only now this makes sense to me... I can't understand how I did not use this in my years of blading..

Sarcasm isn't welcome.

I wont explain myself much further, if you want to think that moving your mouse to the left to move away from the slash is the "way to go", you go ahead.

It's, as you said, Slash direction vs Arm direction... Pretty simple! I'll give it a shot and let you know if it feels more natural or not.

I liked what you said about hitboxes too  :fruity:

Fietta said:
This is why Inverse should be standard.

People like you will be dealt with come the revolution.

Srsly that would be counter-intuitive for me and I suspect others as well. I'm used to directing the back swing direction not the intended position. If lots of people prefer it the other way then hey ho lets have it as an option.

Back
Top Bottom